Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2014, 12:28   #1651
BHPian

Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Today first I am going to the regional passport office in Worli as I was told to do so. I am pretty sure my local police station does not have my file and the verification may need to be rejnitiated. Let's see how it goes and I shall update here.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

Quoting my own post. Just back from Worli passport office and they have reinitiated the police verification and say that I should get enquiry in like 8 days.
Anyone knows does it really take 8 days or can come before ?
Can I travel abroad before the enquiry? I have feeling that at the airport when they check the passport it may show against my name that PV is not done and they may not allow me to proceed. But the lady at passport office did not confirm or deny this. She told me since she doesn't know and hence would refrain from giving wrong information and suggested me to get PV sorted out first.

Last edited by raksrules : 20th October 2014 at 12:29.
Old 20th October 2014, 14:08   #1652
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Since they are relatives, suggest you go ahead with the PSK.

Just recently completed the formalities in thane and believe me, the process is a lot streamlined.
The entire formalities from Point A-Exit took a little more than 2 hours.

Re-scheduling will be a pain and will unnecessarily delay the process by atleast 20 days or more depending on your PSK and the load it deals with.
Thanks for your reply, Arnab!!

I can't agree with you more as I too personally experienced the hassle-free process twice in the past 4-5 months. On the first instance, when I recently got passport for my 1-year-old, it hardly took 35-40 mins as they give consideration for people with babies and elderly. I had been there again to renew my wife's passport - and it again took around 3 hours - which I felt was more acceptable considering the load they handle everyday.

However, this time, I have to go for this rescheduling due to certain unavoidable circumstances.

Last edited by callvvijay : 20th October 2014 at 14:10.
Old 21st October 2014, 19:57   #1653
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a passport appointment today for my wife. It was a renewal and change of address. Went smooth. Couple of questions

1. Typically how many days does it take to get the passport. This is from PSK Opposite Intel-Bangalore-Normal.
2. The Police Verification mode in the acknowledgement says 'Post verification' and there is a comment below that says 'Police Verification will be done post issuance of passport'. The status on the website also says

"Police Verification has been initiated on Post PV basis to HSR Layout Police Station, Bangalore and action for passport printing is initiated, to be followed by lamination, signing, quality check and dispatch"

Does this mean that we'll get the passport first and Police Verification will be done post that?
Old 21st October 2014, 20:49   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
1. Typically how many days does it take to get the passport. This is from PSK Opposite Intel-Bangalore-Normal.
2. The Police Verification mode in the acknowledgement says 'Post verification' and there is a comment below that says 'Police Verification will be done post issuance of passport'.
What a coincidence? I had the passport renewal for my wife and kid from the Sai Arcade PSK on Monday. For my son, there is no police verification required and for my wife, it is post issuance. Usually for this, the verification is done after the passport is received.
Today, I go the intimation that passports for both the applications have been printed. Waiting for the sms alert that they are posted via Speed Post. Both were normal applications and not tatkal.
Old 21st October 2014, 22:18   #1655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
What a coincidence? I had the passport renewal for my wife and kid from the Sai Arcade PSK on Monday. For my son, there is no police verification required and for my wife, it is post issuance. Usually for this, the verification is done after the passport is received.
Today, I go the intimation that passports for both the applications have been printed. Waiting for the sms alert that they are posted via Speed Post. Both were normal applications and not tatkal.
Thank you for the info. Hopefully will get the sms that they are printed in a day or two. I think I can expect to get it only after the diwali holidays.
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:05   #1656
BHPian

Wonder on what basis the police verification thing is decided. Had taken Mom for her passport renewal today. She being a senior citizen & there being no changes with respect to address or anything, I was under the impression that there would be no police verification in her case. But still she has been granted the passport on post police verification basis ?
Old 22nd October 2014, 00:39   #1657
BHPian

Long post ahead.

Guys need some help here.
So here is the timeline of events and someone better informed can guide and help me here...

1. In August of 2013, I apply for addition of my wife's name to my passport. I get acknowledgment slip with police verification as POST which basically means my PV will be done after I get passport.
2. One police inspector comes to my home later after few days of me receiving the passport and although I wasn't at home he verified everything from my neighbors and have some sort of slip as well.
3. After this I suppose I should have gone to the police station but I never went (my mistake).
4. After more than one year I receive a letter on my address saying that I did not attend police verification and such. Check few posts above for the pic.
5. So yesterday I went to the regional passport office in Worli with a written reply to that letter to again do PV for me. I submitted the letter they had sent and also my reply to them and the guy at enquiry counter first checked the letter and wrote NOT ATTENDED on it and told me to meet the officer related to Malad PSK (since my passport was issued from there). So I meet another lady there who took my letter reply and kept it with her. She told me police inquiry will come again in 8 days or so.
Also Supposedly I cannot travel outside the country during this period but she was unsure about this so she sort of said no comment on that.
6. I went to my local police station today and went to passport section. The person there told me that my file will be reopened and I should talk to 1090 number and ask file status about reopening. He told me that once it is reopened I should go to main CID office in Crawford market to physically get the file and come to local police station and then they will do PV.
7. I call 1090 and they say my file status says pending since January 2014, which is sort of absurd. The person there told me that I will receive a letter at my home and SMS as well.
8. I also called the national passport helpline 1800 number and they just gave me same status as the passport website.... "Your passport with number XYZ has been dispatched on so and so date via speed post....."
He went on to say whatever status update will be I can check on the passport gov website.

Now I am thoroughly confused as what will be happening now and should I wait for 8 days or so for some letter to come or SMS to come or status to be updated.
Or I can expect police inquiry to come like it happens for everyone ?

Old 22nd October 2014, 18:34   #1658
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest that you had better visit the local police station and request them to verify you asap as you are travelling abroad.

Quote:
Quoting my own post. Just back from Worli passport office and they have reinitiated the police verification and say that I should get enquiry in like 8 days.
Anyone knows does it really take 8 days or can come before ?
Can I travel abroad before the enquiry? I have feeling that at the airport when they check the passport it may show against my name that PV is not done and they may not allow me to proceed. But the lady at passport office did not confirm or deny this. She told me since she doesn't know and hence would refrain from giving wrong information and suggested me to get PV sorted out first.

Old 22nd October 2014, 18:37   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Go to the passport office rather than the seva kendra and get an appointment to meet the regional passport officer, so they can fix this issue for you.

The other option is you can wait a few days / weeks for your file to be reopened and then follow the recommended procedure.

This is a reminder not to ignore or underrate the police verification, I guess

Quote:
Long post ahead.

Guys need some help here.
So here is the timeline of events and someone better informed can guide and help me here...

1. In August of 2013, I apply for addition of my wife's name to my passport. I get acknowledgment slip with police verification as POST which basically means my PV will be done after I get passport.
2. One police inspector comes to my home later after few days of me receiving the passport and although I wasn't at home he verified everything from my neighbors and have some sort of slip as well.
3. After this I suppose I should have gone to the police station but I never went (my mistake).
4. After more than one year I receive a letter on my address saying that I did not attend police verification and such. Check few posts above for the pic.
5. So yesterday I went to the regional passport office in Worli with a written reply to that letter to again do PV for me. I submitted the letter they had sent and also my reply to them and the guy at enquiry counter first checked the letter and wrote NOT ATTENDED on it and told me to meet the officer related to Malad PSK (since my passport was issued from there). So I meet another lady there who took my letter reply and kept it with her. She told me police inquiry will come again in 8 days or so.
Also Supposedly I cannot travel outside the country during this period but she was unsure about this so she sort of said no comment on that.
6. I went to my local police station today and went to passport section. The person there told me that my file will be reopened and I should talk to 1090 number and ask file status about reopening. He told me that once it is reopened I should go to main CID office in Crawford market to physically get the file and come to local police station and then they will do PV.
7. I call 1090 and they say my file status says pending since January 2014, which is sort of absurd. The person there told me that I will receive a letter at my home and SMS as well.
8. I also called the national passport helpline 1800 number and they just gave me same status as the passport website.... "Your passport with number XYZ has been dispatched on so and so date via speed post....."
He went on to say whatever status update will be I can check on the passport gov website.

Now I am thoroughly confused as what will be happening now and should I wait for 8 days or so for some letter to come or SMS to come or status to be updated.
Or I can expect police inquiry to come like it happens for everyone ?

Old 22nd October 2014, 18:59   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully will get the sms that they are printed in a day or two. I think I can expect to get it only after the diwali holidays.
Rajeev, one update. Today, I got the sms informing that my son's passport has been dispatched via Speed post, along with the tracking number. But for my wife, the sms says that police verification has been initiated and contact the given police station, if not done within 3 weeks. So, I think they will post the passport only after the verification is done.
Old 22nd October 2014, 21:14   #1661
BHPian

Hello All,

Seeking advices from people with first hand experience at Pune PSK.

Are any annexures ( D, H I et all) required for minor's ( 4 yr old daughter) passport reissuance apart from address and ID proofs of parents? Her address would remain same as the first passport. Guess police verification isn't required for minor's passport even though same was done 5 years back when she was few month's old.

I am leaving india for short assignment soon and since holiday season is there, can't purchase stamps / notarise them and hence the worry.

2nd issue is whether these annexes / affidavits be required to renew wife's passport expiring in Aug 2015 under Tatkal. With this expiry date she can comfortably apply for 2 yrs UK visa.

I had submitted for her passport renewal just in case these annexures aren't required. She would have change of address and we have more than 1 documents to prove that we are staying at the same address for over 7 years. If these affidavits are required, I would rather see if application can be withdrawn though I would have to lose the fees paid.

Thanks in advance for quick and precise guidance.
Old 23rd October 2014, 11:19   #1662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Rajeev, one update. Today, I got the sms informing that my son's passport has been dispatched via Speed post, along with the tracking number. But for my wife, the sms says that police verification has been initiated and contact the given police station, if not done within 3 weeks. So, I think they will post the passport only after the verification is done.
Thanks. Got a similar SMS for my wife. But the status on website still says.

"Police Verification has been initiated on Post PV basis to HSR Layout Police Station, Bangalore and action for passport printing is initiated, to be followed by lamination, signing, quality check and dispatch"

This "post" is confusing. Not clear whether police verification is post issuance or issuance is post verification
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:46   #1663
BHPian

Quote:

This "post" is confusing. Not clear whether police verification is post issuance or issuance is post verification
I got the same SMS for my last Fridays interview at PSK - Sai Arcade for renewal. And my passport is already dispatched on yesterday and waiting for the delivery. Got a call from my Police Station (Whitefield) this morning for verification and I will be going there on tomorrow.

So you will get the passport first and then you have to undergo the verification.
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:43   #1664
BANNED

Sometimes they weem to making rules as they go along or the sites are not updated. My son applied for a passport for his infant son. The site said they wanted self-attested copy of the parents passports. When my d-i-l went to apply they insisted on inspecting both passports. Since my son had moved to Gurgaon she got the passport in her forthcoming visit and things went fast. This was Mangalore.

A friend's daughter applied for the renewal of her daughter's passport. The site said the same thing, her husband is in Ghana. The girl is 17 so will get her own passport. Again the same drivel, and the chap said glibly ask him to go the Indian mission and get a certificate to the effect that he is in Ghana, as if the mission is next door and the babudom is good there. It will take a nibinum of three quarters of a day. Fortunately, her husband has come home for Deepawali so he will go and sort it out. This is Kanpur.

So the bureaucracy goes on in its merry ways.
Old 23rd October 2014, 16:05   #1665
BHPian

A basic question here. If I do not want a change of address in my passport but would require to add my wife's name, is still a police verification necessary. Please advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks