Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2014, 18:24   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

20 is fine. My suggestion is to go about half an hour to forty five minutes early to the Psk. Typically there will be one or more shops near the Psk that do Xerox copies, affidavit typing and notarization etc, and also have the stamp paper, formats loaded on their PC etc. Give them the details on a sheet of paper, pay cash and the affidavit is shortly ready for you.

Getting an affidavit formatted just right (double spaced text, leave enough space for the stamp value logo and stamp vendors notation / seal) is tough so save yourself the trouble unless you're a lawyer or legal clerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I have a small doubt. I will have to get an affidavit in Annexure E for my sister and affidavit in Annexure A for my mother in connection with fresh issue of passport. The specimen copy states that the affidavit has to be executed on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value.

My question is whether Rs. 20 stamp paper would be sufficient in the given cases.
Old 14th November 2014, 08:53   #1682
BHPian

Hello Experts,

I have a query regarding renewal of my passport. No change in details like address or anything. I submitted the online form yesterday and I got the appointment at the PSK on 17-Dec-2014 @ 3.30 PM. Now here comes my problem.
I am going out of town on 19-Dec-2014 and return only on 25-Dec. During this time if the police comes home to verify and if I'm unavailable, what would happen? However, the door wouldn't be locked since my parents will be there. Or in normal case, what if the applicant has gone to work when the police comes for verification?
Sorry for asking too many questions
Old 14th November 2014, 10:24   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Hello Experts,

I have a query regarding renewal of my passport. No change in details like address or anything. I submitted the online form yesterday and I got the appointment at the PSK on 17-Dec-2014 @ 3.30 PM. Now here comes my problem.
I am going out of town on 19-Dec-2014 and return only on 25-Dec. During this time if the police comes home to verify and if I'm unavailable, what would happen? However, the door wouldn't be locked since my parents will be there. Or in normal case, what if the applicant has gone to work when the police comes for verification?
Sorry for asking too many questions
In most cases, especially in Bangalore, the police give you a call and ask to come to the police station with your address proof copies. In that case when they call you can inform that you will come on 26th. Now a days they call for verification within 3-4 days from the appointment day.

Since you don't have an address change, mostly you will be issued with police verification post issue ( or maybe no verification needed also). In that case your passport itself can arrive in the window when you are away. So need to consider that also. The post office should be keeping it for a few days. So you should be ok (Note: They will not hand it over to your parents)

To avoid the confusion, better to reschedule to a slot after you are back

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 14th November 2014 at 10:26.
Old 14th November 2014, 10:34   #1684
BHPian

Hi amazer2013,

Don't worry, there will not be any police inquiry for reissue of passport, even if there is a address change.

Recently, me and my friend had renewal appointment on same day - Oct 29th at Lalbagh PSK. My friend opted for address change and I didn't. Both of us got the passport delivered to our doorstep on 3rd Nov (1st Nov was holiday, otherwise we would have got it that day). They clearly mentioned - No need of police verification, for both of us.
Old 14th November 2014, 20:56   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
Don't worry, there will not be any police inquiry for reissue of passport, even if there is a address change.
Can't say that for sure. Everything depends on the person sitting at the C-counter For some people, they stamp verification not required and for some, they stamp post issuance. Better to be prepared for the verification. As Rajeevraj mentioned, in Bangalore they call you to the station with the documents. Don't know about other cities. Better to be present for the verification to make it hassle free.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:14   #1686
BHPian

All,

My passport renewal appointment is on Thursday. I am carrying the following documents.

Is there anything else I require.

- Old passport in original with Photocopies of 1st and last 2 pages including ECR Page.
- My Voter id and Ration card for address proof
- My Marriage Certificate as I want to add my spouse name
- My 12th class certificate for date of birth proof
- My Degree Certificate for Non- ECR proof

Is there any other documents that I need to carry. Please advise.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:24   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
All,

My passport renewal appointment is on Thursday. I am carrying the following documents.

Is there anything else I require.

- Old passport in original with Photocopies of 1st and last 2 pages including ECR Page.
- My Voter id and Ration card for address proof
- My Marriage Certificate as I want to add my spouse name
- My 12th class certificate for date of birth proof
- My Degree Certificate for Non- ECR proof

Is there any other documents that I need to carry. Please advise.
- Carry all documents in original along with photo stat copies.
- Pls. carry your Xth MArksheet/ school leaving certificate as well for Date of Birth as well(just in case)
- If you are on a rented apartment, carry the original leave and license(police verified and with police verification copy) in original and photo stat.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:26   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
Can't say that for sure. Everything depends on the person sitting at the C-counter For some people, they stamp verification not required and for some, they stamp post issuance. Better to be prepared for the verification. As Rajeevraj mentioned, in Bangalore they call you to the station with the documents. Don't know about other cities. Better to be present for the verification to make it hassle free.
Police Verification will happen even in Re-issue cases.

My case is that of a re-issue and the police verification has already happened.
Waiting for their confirmation and verification report to be sent to the PSK.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:32   #1689
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I want to get the minor's passport done for my daughter. Me and my wife both have passports and have each other's names added as spouse in our passports. However the address on our passports is different. My passport has the current address where we stay where as my wife's passport has the address of my mother in law's place.

My queries are:-

1. I want the same address appearing on my passport to appear in my daughter's passport. Hence is it mandatory to provide mine & my wife's passport as supporting documents while applying for my daughter's passport or can I provide only my passport.

2. If I can provide only my passport as a supporting document, should I mention on the application form that both of us have passports.
Old 18th November 2014, 17:33   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
It depends, I got my passport re-issued few weeks back. While I had to go through Verification after getting passport (got it in 4 days after visiting PSK), few others got it without any verification.
Old 18th November 2014, 19:44   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Ideally police verification is not required in re-issue if there is no change in address from previous passport. But sometimes person at the TCS desk may enter wrong detail and your file can get marked with police verification case.
Old 18th November 2014, 20:04   #1692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
Hi Guys,

1. I want the same address appearing on my passport to appear in my daughter's passport. Hence is it mandatory to provide mine & my wife's passport as supporting documents while applying for my daughter's passport or can I provide only my passport.

2. If I can provide only my passport as a supporting document, should I mention on the application form that both of us have passports.
I recently got my son's passport. The address in my and wife's passport are slightly different. The house number and street number were missing. When entering my son's details in passport form I was not able to enter even locality name. So I entered only the most important details of the address. In "A" counter the lady asked me why they are different. I mentioned that the form did not let me enter. So she asked me to enter the missing details in her system which I did.
Old 20th November 2014, 13:19   #1693
BHPian

Re: Need help: Change of name in Passport: RPO Bangalore

Hi guys,

I have a marriage certificate, is that enough for applying for Visa or do I need to get my spouse name added in my passport .
Old 20th November 2014, 15:02   #1694
BHPian

My 2 Cents
Had an passport issued from RPO Bangalore, while I was staying in IndiraNagar.
Got Married and we moved to a new home and my wife's passport(Issued out of Chennai) was also nearing expiry. This is what I did.
First, I changed my address and added my spouse name in the passport. I was issued with a new passport.
Then after couple of months, applied for my wife's passport renewal with
1) change of name - proof was marriage certificate
2) change of address - proof was my passport
3) adding spouse's name in the passport - marriage certificate, my passport.

Got it done without any issues.
Just to add, didnt have any valid visa in both passports at that time.
Hope this helps.
Old 20th November 2014, 15:27   #1695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
Hi guys,

I have a marriage certificate, is that enough for applying for Visa or do I need to get my spouse name added in my passport .
Did not quite understand your question. Are you applying for dependent visa ? That might need either or both. A normal business or tourist visa would not need a marriage certificate or endorsement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks