Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 16:51   #1726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Hi
Is there police verification if I apply for passport renewal without any change in particulars ?
My permanant address is in Trivandrum, and I want to keep the address although I stay in B'lore these days(rented place).
If I apply for a reissue of passport due to expiry in PSK trivandrum, would it involve a police verification of staying in that address ?
Thanks,
Police verification will take place - it could be pre or post issue of the passport.

If the house is not rented out in TRV, and if your family is staying there, they can possibly vouch for this being your address but you are currently out of town. They'd have to produce some documents to the constable and you would be told to appear at the police station at some given date to verify yourself.

Ideally if your stay in BLR is beyond one year or you arent moving back to TRV within the next year or so, get your passport with your bangalore address.
Old 9th January 2015, 17:48   #1727
BHPian

@hserus, thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Old 9th January 2015, 19:27   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Hi
Is there police verification if I apply for passport renewal without any change in particulars ?
My permanant address is in Trivandrum, and I want to keep the address although I stay in B'lore these days(rented place).
If I apply for a reissue of passport due to expiry in PSK trivandrum, would it involve a police verification of staying in that address ?
Thanks,
Granting PP with or without Police Verification is the sole discretion of granting officer at counter 'C'.I advise you to get your PP renewed in Bangalore if you have been staying here for more than a year.For proof of address, you can produce bank statements of last 1 year (with passbook and pic) & Letter from your employer.

I have pinged you my no. call me if you have more queries.

Waseem.....
Old 9th January 2015, 21:34   #1729
BHPian

Hi Waseem, guess I will go with renewal here. I do have Aadhar and Landline number with my current address.
Wanted to retain my permanant address because this is a rented house.
Thanks for the number.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:52   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Pls make sure that your Aadhar is issued one year before your application date.
Old 12th January 2015, 16:58   #1731
Senior - BHPian

My wife has an appointment for passport renewal on 15th January under normal scheme (with change of address) at PSK Marathahalli. We were thinking of going out of Bangalore from 23rd to 26th. I am worried whether the passport would be delivered on those days. How many days will it be retained in the post office?
Old 12th January 2015, 17:13   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
My wife has an appointment for passport renewal on 15th January under normal scheme (with change of address) at PSK Marathahalli. We were thinking of going out of Bangalore from 23rd to 26th. I am worried whether the passport would be delivered on those days. How many days will it be retained in the post office?
Going by the way these guys are operating, she should get her PP before 23th.

The other option is to give authorization letter to your neighbor and inform him/her when you get sms with dispatch details.

Waseem.....
Old 12th January 2015, 19:14   #1733
BHPian

Hello, questions about spouse-related updates:
  1. from what I follow from the past posts related to spouse name addition, the original marriage certificate plus a self-attested copy of it is required, correct?
  2. if I have to update my wife's address listed in her passport to the same address as listed in mine, will the marriage certificate suffice or does she require a PSU bank statement too?
Old 13th January 2015, 06:56   #1734
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
  1. from what I follow from the past posts related to spouse name addition, the original marriage certificate plus a self-attested copy of it is required, correct?
  2. if I have to update my wife's address listed in her passport to the same address as listed in mine, will the marriage certificate suffice or does she require a PSU bank statement too?
1. Correct
2. You will need to produce one additional address proof in your wife's name. Although the website says spouse passport is acceptable address proof, they typically look for one more address proof.
Old 13th January 2015, 09:46   #1735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Going by the way these guys are operating, she should get her PP before 23th.

The other option is to give authorization letter to your neighbor and inform him/her when you get sms with dispatch details.

Waseem.....
Thanks. In case we are unavailable while they deliver the passport, how many days will the passport be retained in the post office?
Old 13th January 2015, 10:14   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
E-adhaar is not acceptable. You have to have the physical adhaar card.
Any update on this? I am still waiting for the physical card, but have the e-aadhaar.

As per this notification, shouldn't Passport offices accept the e-aadhaar?

Passport Renewal Procedure-screenshot_1.jpg
Old 13th January 2015, 10:23   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordDodo View Post
Any update on this? I am still waiting for the physical card, but have the e-aadhaar.

As per this notification, shouldn't Passport offices accept the e-aadhaar?

Attachment 1327802
Unfortunately, there is now way to find out if e-adhaar is now accepted or not. Why don't you give it a shot with e-adhaar? Only problem is if they dont accept it, you will get an appointment 1-2 months from that date.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:34   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Usually 5 days at the post office. You should be OK, I think. I had a RC book delivered when we were traveling for a week in December, managed to collect it when we came back.

FordDodo, on e-aadhar, it is not accepted. My wife and daughter had a passport interview last week and they specifically did not accept the e-aadhar. Thankfully, they had the original and could give them the photocopies then and there. They require the full card including the top portion which has the issuance date printed on it. Also, aadhar is not accepted as address proof if it is less than 1 year old.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:59   #1739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
[list=1][*]from what I follow from the past posts related to spouse name addition, the original marriage certificate plus a self-attested copy of it is required, correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
1. Correct
2. You will need to produce one additional address proof in your wife's name. Although the website says spouse passport is acceptable address proof, they typically look for one more address proof.
+1 Rajeevraj.The other address proof(s) could be bank statements of last 1 year(with passbook with pic),employers certificate,Aadhar card (if issued one year before the date of application)

Quote:
Thanks. In case we are unavailable while they deliver the passport, how many days will the passport be retained in the post office?
Please drop-in to your area post office to know more on this.

Waseem.
Old 13th January 2015, 14:11   #1740
BANNED

Hi,

I need to apply new passport for my 9 month old infant.

I have renewed my passport recently (august 2014) and the address in my passport is where we are staying now.
My passport has my wife name included.

My wife passport has her native address and my name is not included in her passport.

Can I apply passport for my son based on my passport alone? Do I have to declare my wife's passport also?
Again can my passport alone can be address proof or do I have to get another address proof in my name?

I am planning to apply my kids passport as Tatkal as we are planning to move out of my current place(rental house) and then my passport address would be different.
Do they require a police verification for infant passport?

Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks