Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2015, 18:50   #1816
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

My passport is up for renewal. Does the PSK permit walk-in for normal passport renewal or is online appointment booking a must?
The earliest appointment I am getting is for 18th March. Cant commit to any particular date since my wife is due anytime after 10th March and I may not be in town. My passport will expire this month end. Kindly suggest.
Old 4th March 2015, 19:40   #1817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
I have a rather unique problem.

Can we renew my sons passport at Kochi with the new Aluva (Ernakulam) address???
Nearest PSK is Aluva. Agents here are giving conflicting advice since both parents have Trivandrum addresses in their valid passports issued in other RPOs.

Both me and my wife have multiple address proofs (Adhaar and Voters Id) with the Aluva address issued more than a year ago.

Any help appreciated.
You can very well apply for your son's PP at Aluva with Kochi address.Your Kochi Aadhar card which was issued more than a year ago is enough to serve as address proof for your son's PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
My passport is up for renewal. Does the PSK permit walk-in for normal passport renewal or is online appointment booking a must?
The earliest appointment I am getting is for 18th March. Cant commit to any particular date since my wife is due anytime after 10th March and I may not be in town. My passport will expire this month end. Kindly suggest.
Walk-ins as allowed for kids 0-5 years and senior citizens, the rest have to apply online.The other option is Takkal.

Waseem.....
Old 5th March 2015, 12:08   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Walk-ins as allowed for kids 0-5 years and senior citizens, the rest have to apply online.The other option is Takkal.

Waseem.....
Thanks Waseem Bhai. Went to the passport office hoping for a walk-in. Like you said, walk-ins are for senior citizens and kids only. Helpdesk offered to make my application editable and asked me to change it to Tatkal. Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow. Tatkal charges are Rs. 3500 while normal charge is Rs. 1500.
Old 5th March 2015, 13:40   #1819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Waseem Bhai. Went to the passport office hoping for a walk-in. Like you said, walk-ins are for senior citizens and kids only. Helpdesk offered to make my application editable and asked me to change it to Tatkal. Managed to get an appointment for tomorrow. Tatkal charges are Rs. 3500 while normal charge is Rs. 1500.
Tatkal application requires few additional documents as well.I hope you are aware of this.

Waseem.....
Old 5th March 2015, 15:12   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
In case you were not aware, you are allowed to change your appointments online, and even if you do not land up for the appointment, the site offers you the opportunity to set up another appointment without additional charge. So, unless you have urgent need for your passport, one of the options is to take an appointment online for regular passport and, if you are not able to go for the appointment, then reschedule for another day.

That way, you do not have to pay for Tatkal charges and get into additional tatkal documentation.
Old 6th March 2015, 19:38   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Tatkal application requires few additional documents as well.I hope you are aware of this.

I wasn't asked for any additional documents. Went today and got it done.

Waseem.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse_gear View Post
In case you were not aware, you are allowed to change your appointments online
That way, you do not have to pay for Tatkal charges and get into additional tatkal documentation.
I got it done through tatkal. I was not aware of it. Will keep in mind just in case somebody else needs it.
Old 9th March 2015, 09:17   #1822
BHPian

I had PP renewal appointment in PSK, Outer Ring Road in BLR last 9th.
Did not go too well.
The problem at hand now -- the first two pages were damaged and they demanded an affidavit as per Annexure L. I have appointment for next Monday, 16th of march.
Where can I get this done ?
Also, with the affidavit available, should I go thru the whole process of token and counter A,B,C etc ?
I got an appointment receipt from them last time, it carries the same token number I had on that day, with the new date and time.
Any pointers would be appreciated,

Thanks

Last edited by ashokrajagopal : 9th March 2015 at 09:20.
Old 9th March 2015, 09:58   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
The problem at hand now -- the first two pages were damaged and they demanded an affidavit as per Annexure L. I have appointment for next Monday, 16th of march.
Also, with the affidavit available, should I go thru the whole process of token and counter A,B,C etc ?
http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureL.pdf is the format. Get it executed on non judicial stamp paper and signed by a notary.

There's typically a shop outside each PSK where they will provide that for you, or you can just get it printed up and signed / stamped by a notary in your area before you reach the PSK, that'd probably be a lot cheaper for you.

You have the same token number given to you for this new appointment right? Then just continue where you left off - show the token to the security guy and just go to whichever counter they turned you back from. Continue the process from there.
Old 9th March 2015, 13:22   #1824
BHPian

@hserus, thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate it.
I will print and get it notarized before next appointment.
Old 10th March 2015, 15:57   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
You can very well apply for your son's PP at Aluva with Kochi address.Your Kochi Aadhar card which was issued more than a year ago is enough to serve as address proof for your son's PP.
Waseem.....
Thank you Waseem bhai

Finished the formalities today at PSK Aluva, under Kochi RPO. Hassle free, they just needed my passport and accepted Voters ID card as proof of address (although I had Aadhar and Bank Documents as well).

New passport for my son will be issued without police verification.

My mother in law, a senior citizen also applied for a passport for the first time. Both appointments were at the time slot. In her case they asked for the marriage certificate which she didn't have and according to her is very difficullt to get now ( apparently they were not not such a crucial document those days). For one heart stopping moment we thought we were going to be stuck, but ironically they accepted my father in law's death certificate instead (he had passed away a few months back and we had indicated as such in her application). Passport in her case will be after police verification

TCS and the Passport Office people has done a great job at Aluva PSK. We were out after completing all formalities in about an a hour and every single staff from the security at the entrance to all the counter staff and the floor walkers were equally polite and courteous.

If I have only complaint which I guess PSK people has no control about it, it is the hassling of the touts at the entrance of the PSK Aluva at both at the time of entering and even as you are leaving. They have become as persistent as the infamous Auto Wallahs hassling you used to come across on arrival at Chennai Central railway station and many unwary people will needlessly end up taking their services when they can do it cheaper and quicker themselves. And in the cases of even slightly complicated cases like my son's passport. most of them have no clue anyway.

A special word of appreciation for the elderly security person who was on duty a the entrance of the PSK today morning. Watching him perform his duties despite a very heavy work load , with infinite patience and courtesy, made me wish that some of the new generation who claim to be in "customer service" could see him go about his duties and really understand the meaning of customer service. Full marks to you sir!

Last edited by TKMCE : 10th March 2015 at 16:00.
Old 10th March 2015, 18:04   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Had a bad day going to the PSK, Lalbagh Road. I had given the Aadhar card for address proof. The 3rd person who checks had a problem saying they need the whole card (as it was mailed when we received it) and just the card is not accepted.

Had to go to the APO and he asked me the same thing. I told him it had a scissor mark to cut out the card and thats what I keep with me in the wallet.

I had also taken my bank pass book which had entries from a week ago. They did not accept that also since the entries were for interest earned and debit card purchase. They are not actual transactions according to them.

Had to tell them that they are not issuing Visas but passports and they should mention that they need the complete page for Aadhar card. They did not care. Total waste of 3 hours. This was also just for renewal of the expired passport.
Old 10th March 2015, 18:56   #1827
BHPian

My BIL has applied for a fresh passport and has already taken appointment at Lal Bagh, PSK Bangalore.

They have been staying at a rented house from last 3 years hence they don't have Water Bills, Electricity Bills in their name.

However he has few doubts on the documents.

1. Born in Different City after 26/01/1989, Doesn't have Birth Certificate.
2. Has PAN Card
3. Has E-Aadhaar Card.. Does PSK accepts E-Aadhaar Card?
4. Doesn't have Election ID Card, Doesn't File Income Tax, Doesn't have a Ration Card
5. Bank Account Statements are in different address.

What documents can he produce?

Documents Advisor says he needs to produce "Birth certificate" as a Proof Of Date Of Birth. Can he produce his SSLC Marks card ? Do they accept SSLC Marks Card ?

Can he produce "Proof of Gas Connection" which is currently in his father's name ?

OR Printed BSNL Bills taken from BSNL websites, they have opted for e-bills hence they never get any hard copies.
Old 10th March 2015, 21:01   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post

Had to tell them that they are not issuing Visas but passports and they should mention that they need the complete page for Aadhar card. They did not care. Total waste of 3 hours. This was also just for renewal of the expired passport.
Please take bank statements for last one year and passbook (with pic) and that should serve as address proof.The other address proof could be employer's certificate mentioning your residential address and DOJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post

Documents Advisor says he needs to produce "Birth certificate" as a Proof Of Date Of Birth. Can he produce his SSLC Marks card ? Do they accept SSLC Marks Card ?

Can he produce "Proof of Gas Connection" which is currently in his father's name ?

OR Printed BSNL Bills taken from BSNL websites, they have opted for e-bills hence they never get any hard copies.
He needs to produce Birth Certificate as DOB Proof, SSLC marks card will not be accepted.

For address proof, he can change the address in his bank account and take print out bank statements for last one year and passbook (with pic).

He cannot produce any document which is not in his name as he is not a Minor.

Waseem.....
Old 10th March 2015, 23:08   #1829
BHPian

Thanks Waseem.

Do they accept E-Aadhaar as a Valid Document ?
Old 10th March 2015, 23:39   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Thanks Waseem.

Do they accept E-Aadhaar as a Valid Document ?

No. Only the original aadhar along with the top part of the card is required.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks