Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2016, 19:38   #1951
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

It is a pain when the Immigration fellows have a cavalier attitude to stamping the passport on any old page instead of going page by page in a logical manner.
Despite my always showing them the next best page where there is space, these fellows end up wasting space all the time. Most irritating.

And this means one is likely to run out of space sooner rather than later....
Old 27th January 2016, 20:11   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It is a pain when the Immigration fellows have a cavalier attitude to stamping the passport on any old page instead of going page by page in a logical manner.
Despite my always showing them the next best page where there is space, these fellows end up wasting space all the time. Most irritating.

And this means one is likely to run out of space sooner rather than later....
They're usually cooperative about it, in the five passports I've run through so far. In fact - at least in my home airport Chennai, when they see a soon to exhaust passport, they'll normally flip through it to find a used page that has space and stamp it there.

For a visa you need two blank pages facing each other - it is when you run out of those that you immediately need a new passport booklet.
Old 27th January 2016, 20:24   #1953
Senior - BHPian

I noticed that there's no requirement for a photograph for passport reissue.

Is the photo taken at the PSK ? My passport is due for renewal this year.
Old 27th January 2016, 20:35   #1954
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I noticed that there's no requirement for a photograph for passport reissue.

Is the photo taken at the PSK ? My passport is due for renewal this year.
All bio-metrics incl. photos are done at PSK now (Counter A during document verification), so no need to carry photos.

Be ready for a grainy/funny pic though, unless your assigned officer has some photography skills (they've got decent cameras on tripods, not lousy webcams).

Mine in my latest renewed booklet looks like a mugshot
Old 27th January 2016, 21:05   #1955
BHPian

By the way, I'm largely impressed with Trivandrum PSK for their efficiency. For the record I got my spouse's passport reissued and my daughter's fresh passport issued within a week in Jan 2016. Verification though happened 2 weeks later.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:09   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop.nair View Post
By the way, I'm largely impressed with Trivandrum PSK for their efficiency. For the record I got my spouse's passport reissued and my daughter's fresh passport issued within a week in Jan 2016. Verification though happened 2 weeks later.
Passport verification now is post issuance once you furnish an affidavit that you have no cases against you.

http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...-verification/
Old 28th January 2016, 11:16   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Had gone to the passport center in Kozhikode to get my 5yr old daughter's passport renewed. was happy to see how fast the system works these days. move from zone to zone and voila you are back home.

Just two slight negatives. One was that there was no waiting area outside the center and second, the girl who had to take the photo of my daughter was rude and my daughter shy little girl that she is lost it :(

Just wish they treated kids a bit better.
Old 28th January 2016, 12:21   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
the girl who had to take the photo of my daughter was rude and my daughter shy little girl that she is lost it :(

Just wish they treated kids a bit better.

In my case I was carrying a photo of my kid and the process was smooth.
Old 8th February 2016, 16:23   #1959
Senior - BHPian

An update from side is that mom's passport was received early last week.
May be due to the long duration after which it was to be renewed or due change in address, police check was required.

But the online process is quite easy and things have got faster. For those who are going for police clearance, take all the documents you have be it educational qualification or the proof of address. All this along with Photographs, this helps in case an officer wants to examine more details. We had got two set of copies containing all the documents, so even if a set is to be submitted, it could be done fast. Also, do pay around Rs. 40 or so for message service ( which my mother missed out ), its essential.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 8th February 2016 at 16:24.
Old 14th February 2016, 11:23   #1960
BHPian

The status of my application currently is - "Passport application is under review at Regional Passport Office."
What does this mean? Is there some problem with my application?
My Police Verification hasn't been done yet.
Old 15th February 2016, 09:51   #1961
BHPian

Some queries I had regarding Passport Renewal. If anyone can enlighten me, it would be very helpful.
  1. Is it a compulsion to get my wife's name endorsed on the Passport, if we plan to go for an International Tour. My wife has my name endorsed on her passport just recently. I still haven't done it because I have two valid Visa (US & Canada) on the Passport.
  2. I know that the US Visa stands Valid even if I renew my passport. (Visa Expiry 2023 and Passport Expiry 2020). I am not sure about the Canadian Visa. The Canadian Visa Expiry has been given till one month before the Passport Expiry Date. So if I renew my passport right now to endorse my Wife's name on it, does my Canadian Visa still stand valid?
Old 15th February 2016, 14:42   #1962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Some queries I had regarding Passport Renewal. If anyone can enlighten me, it would be very helpful.
  1. Is it a compulsion to get my wife's name endorsed on the Passport, if we plan to go for an International Tour. My wife has my name endorsed on her passport just recently. I still haven't done it because I have two valid Visa (US & Canada) on the Passport.
One way endorsement is fine. When your passport comes up for time-bound renewal, just submit your marriage certificate and have your wife's name endorsed on yours. No biggie.
Old 15th February 2016, 15:53   #1963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  2. I know that the US Visa stands Valid even if I renew my passport. (Visa Expiry 2023 and Passport Expiry 2020). I am not sure about the Canadian Visa. The Canadian Visa Expiry has been given till one month before the Passport Expiry Date. So if I renew my passport right now to endorse my Wife's name on it, does my Canadian Visa still stand valid?
Not necessary for but few gulf countries insist.

All visas will be valid even if you renew your PP.You need to carry both your PP's when you travel to that destination..

Waseem.....
Old 15th February 2016, 17:36   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
[*]I know that the US Visa stands Valid even if I renew my passport. (Visa Expiry 2023 and Passport Expiry 2020). I am not sure about the Canadian Visa. The Canadian Visa Expiry has been given till one month before the Passport Expiry Date. So if I renew my passport right now to endorse my Wife's name on it, does my Canadian Visa still stand valid?[/list]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
All visas will be valid even if you renew your PP.You need to carry both your PP's when you travel to that destination..

Waseem.....
Please see this discussion thread for Canada visa validity. Though I agree with noopster that you do not need to add your wife's name to the passport at the moment.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3890881
Old 15th February 2016, 17:48   #1965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
That's a sweeping statement! I know from the discussion quoted above that Canada doesn't accept visas in expired passports. From what I remember neither does Singapore. Better to check case by case.

Most Viewed