Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2016, 18:42   #2101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
1) My current electricity bill & a photocopy.
2) My current passport & photocopy of 1st 2 pages & last 2 pages of my current passport.
Also what happens if they want some additional documents - do you have to take a new appointment or do they give you time to get it.
if you are working for a corporate then a letter from the HR department is the only document you need along with your employee id.
If you need any additional documents you can get it the next day and walk in. If the document they ask for needs to be obtained then they will give you a future date appointment. My friend had to get a marriage certificate and he got one month time for it. Another guy was given a week as it was in his home town while the former did not even have it done after his wedding.
Old 23rd October 2016, 19:27   #2102
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
it was made when I was in Pune long back - wanted to get the address updated.

As per the document list, I think I have to take only 2 things

1) My current electricity bill & a photocopy.

2) My current passport & photocopy of 1st 2 pages & last 2 pages of my current passport.
1. Also take 1 Year old electricity bill (this will show that you have been staying in address for more than 1 year)
2. Take additional proof (like Gas bill / MTNL Bill)

More importantly, passport office will most probably be a breeze. Issue would be with Mumbai police if passport officer decides that police verification is required.

Police asks for a letter / NOC from housing society as well.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:53   #2103
Senior - BHPian

Need to get my passport re issued (damaged due to my negligence)

The adhar card(which I'm using as address proof) contains only my initials and not the entire abbreviation.

So does the voter ID.

My 10th marks card has my full name. Will these documents suffice.
Old 24th October 2016, 16:42   #2104
BHPian

Hey Guys, Question on renewing my sister's kid's passport. So, i am taking care of her now along with my parents (family issues, unfortunately).
1. She had a passport earlier but is not in possession of it now nor do we know what is the passport number. How do we go about getting a new one? Do we need to file a police complaint? But we don't know the passport number, how do we go about doing this?
2. Since her parents cannot be there for her passport appointment etc, what options do we have? She is 16 now. Does waiting until she is 18 help? Any other way of doing it?
Old 24th October 2016, 18:42   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Annexure L, police complaint stating lost passport (or if the passport is retained by say her father or grandparents after a divorce - to pick a hypothetical example - where it is now).

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin.../AnnexureL.pdf

Give the address at which the passport was registered if available, and also whether she travelled on that passport if so when.
Old 25th October 2016, 13:07   #2106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post

More importantly, passport office will most probably be a breeze.
It was a breeze. Reached there by 8:20 & was out by 10:00 am.
Counter A -> Counter B -> Counter C -> Exit.

Counter C took a long time because there was no one to man it till 9:30 or so.

I gave a September Electricity bill as Address proof. They asked if I had an older one also - so I gave a Dec 2015 bill.

And remember guys, two pages of the passport means 4 pages actually - i.e. each page is considered as half a page - so photocopy the first 2 & last 2 pages as per the numbering on the pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Issue would be with Mumbai police if passport officer decides that police verification is required.
Yes, verification is needed because my earlier passport was from a different city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Need to get my passport re issued (damaged due to my negligence)
If the address is same as previous address, then only thing you will need is an ID proof, I think.

Last edited by carboy : 25th October 2016 at 13:11.
Old 25th October 2016, 23:14   #2107
BHPian

I want to share my experience so that everyone gets to know about the process.

I had to update my wife's passport (re-issue) and apply for a new passport for my daughter, who is three years old.
My passport has the spouse details updated. Where as my wife's passport was not updated after marriage.

1. Filled up the online-application forms for both of them via passport seva website
2. Submitted the application and scheduled appointments for my wife and daughter (in that order).
3. I got the same time slots for both of them for the date I chose
4. On the day of the appointment, we had to start with my wife's file first.
5. We collected her token and completed the process at counter-A, then return to front desk with the receipt to collect my daughters token
6. On the declaration for my daughter (annexure-H), I had to enter my passport number and my wife's file no (that we got at counter-A)
7. there after the process is just to move on to counter-B and Counter-C as per the token numbers and finally collect challan at exit door.

Coming to the documents that I carried (Originals + Self Attested Copies)
For my Wife (change of address + change of sir name + add spouse name):
1. Her matriculation certificate
2. UID card
3. Passport
4. Marriage Certificate

For my Daughter:
1. Birth Certificate
2. annexure-H (with details and signatures of both parents)
3. My UID card
4. Copy of the receipt given at counter-A for my wife's application
5. My wife's passort
6. One photo (which is scanned and returned)

Common documents:
1. The application receipts (generated after submitting the form and making payment)
2. My passport

Other points:
1. You can make photo-copied of documents (that you miss out or need extra copies of) in the passport seva kendra.
2. Document adviser section of the website is very good, please use it
3. they took my daughter's thumb impression on her form at counter-A

Every thing went smoothly and took less that 80 minutes.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 25th October 2016 at 23:17.
Old 26th October 2016, 13:44   #2108
BANNED

Quote:
It was a breeze. Reached there by 8:20 & was out by 10:00 am.
Counter A -> Counter B -> Counter C -> Exit.

Counter C took a long time because there was no one to man it till 9:30 or so.
Yes, verification is needed because my earlier passport was from a different city.

I applied for the passport yesterday morning. Yesterday night I got an SMS saying my passport is ready & will be dispatched soon. Today Morning I got an SMS from the Police that I should come to the police station within 3 days for verification. Today afternoon I got an SMS saying my passport has been couriered!!

WTH? Have they couriered the passport without Police Verification? Why is the police calling me then?

Last edited by carboy : 26th October 2016 at 13:45.
Old 26th October 2016, 13:47   #2109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

WTH? Have they couriered the passport without Police Verification? Why is the police calling me then?
This is normal process.
Please go to the police station and have this sorted out.

If they send a negative response to the passport office then they will revoke it.
Old 26th October 2016, 15:57   #2110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Happened to me too couple of years back. I got the passport before verification. In fact they called for verification a week after I got the passport. When I told I already got it, they told that if verification is not done , it will be flagged in the system and can prevent you from leaving the country.
Old 26th October 2016, 16:52   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
I applied for the passport yesterday morning. Yesterday night I got an SMS saying my passport is ready & will be dispatched soon. Today Morning I got an SMS from the Police that I should come to the police station within 3 days for verification. Today afternoon I got an SMS saying my passport has been couriered!!

Your case is of "post-verification" meaning passport would be dispatched without waiting for police verification. However, you will have to get it done afterwards. Passport will be revoked if a negative verification report goes to the passport office due to no show.
Old 26th October 2016, 18:41   #2112
BANNED

I got an SMS to go to the main police station. However, there is a satellite police station right next to my home - I went there & the police there said I don't need to go to the police station, he will come to my home as soon as he gets the file.
Old 26th October 2016, 18:48   #2113
Team-BHP Support

Go to the main police station.
Follow the instructions as much as possible. You don't even want to risk a negative report.
Old 26th October 2016, 21:09   #2114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Go to the main police station.
Follow the instructions as much as possible. You don't even want to risk a negative report.
No, this satellite police station is the one which does verifications in my colony. He had 5-6 passport verification forms with him - he looked for mine in that but couldn't find it - he said he will get it from the main police station tomorrow. These are guys who I see each & every day of my life.
Old 26th October 2016, 21:57   #2115
Senior - BHPian

We had a totally different issue while applying for renewal of my wife's Passport. My wife's passport got expired last year and I was pretty lazy to go apply for renewal since I would need to travel to Tirunelvelli Passport Office for verification of documents and this was 150 Km's away from my location.

But this month my Wife had to register for an exam and it requires valid passport details so we applied for renewal starting of this month. So we entered all the required details online and had gone to Trunelveli but we were shocked when they told us that they can not renew my wife's passport as there was another file pending in my wife's name which was open in the year 2000.

My wife and family were pretty sure that they did not apply for any passport in the year 2000 and the current passport which required renewal was taken in the year 2005 only. So this totally took us all by surprise but we could not do anything as it was already in their system. They asked us then to go to Madurai to meet their RPO and rectify this issue ( 270 Kms away from my home ).

Anyways by now I realized that there is no way that we are going to receive the passport on time and since this clearly was not our mistake I started mailing and calling Madurai RPO continuously and started complaining to expedite the process soon. Some gentleman in administration picked up the phone and explained that there was no need for me to compulsorily go to Madurai but if we did go they will be able to immediately send the escalated file to Tiruchy RPO ( Passport was issued from Tirchy ) to clear the issue else it will take 2 or 3 more days.

So we went to Madurai RPO and explained it to them and they immediately send a mail to Tirchy to rectify the issue, but Tirchy RPO never replied for 8 day's until I called up Delhi and complained about their lethargic response.All said and done we were asked to go back again to Madurai so that they could cancel the old passport and continue the process for renewal. Again this was only needed if we wanted them to start the process soon or else they would do it anyways after 2 or 3 day's. Since we wanted to try our luck in getting the passport soon we went once more anyways.

Now we're just waiting for the arrival of our passport and it's been 3 working day's already and hopefully we'll get it by this week end.

I didn't mind travelling to Madurai as I love to drive (obviously) but this may not be feasible for everyone. So my advice is, do not wait for the last minute like me for renewal of your passport because like us you will never know when you will have an issue due to the clerical mistake of the RPO's done many year's back and to rectify this it takes a lot of time. So always apply for Renewal as early as possible.

Last edited by stanjohn123 : 26th October 2016 at 21:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks