Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 19:35   #2281
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Aadhar card accepts any bank statement as address proof. So we have submitted that as address proof to change it on aadhar card. If it works, then we are good.
Problem solved. Early today we applied for address change on Aadhaar card using the HDFC bank statement. By evening the change was made and we could download the e-Aadhaar with current address. Now she is all set.
Old 21st March 2017, 14:13   #2282
BANNED

Quote:
Problem solved. Early today we applied for address change on Aadhaar card using the HDFC bank statement. By evening the change was made and we could download the e-Aadhaar with current address. Now she is all set.
Excellent. As it stands the IT rules want a statement from a 'nationalized Bank' only, so this is a better route. Private Bank to Aadhar and then the rest is a done thing.

Why this anachronism of a Sarkari Bank only. Are all others crooks? As more and more work can be done by a private or MNC bank, directly or through a tie up with an Indian or Sarkari unit, we are moving away from PSU banks.
Old 21st March 2017, 15:15   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Slight OT but was this request placed on the website of UIDAI?
Old 21st March 2017, 15:34   #2284
Team-BHP Support

Yup, and choose aegis as the BPO at the end, they are very fast.
Old 21st March 2017, 17:14   #2285
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Excellent. As it stands the IT rules want a statement from a 'nationalized Bank' only, so this is a better route. Private Bank to Aadhar and then the rest is a done thing.

Why this anachronism of a Sarkari Bank only. Are all others crooks? As more and more work can be done by a private or MNC bank, directly or through a tie up with an Indian or Sarkari unit, we are moving away from PSU banks.
Actually, Passport office also allows passbooks from several private banks.

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin..._Add_Proof.pdf
Old 21st March 2017, 17:22   #2286
Team-BHP Support

There's a whole list of private banks whose passbooks/endorsed statements are allowed as address proof.

The better half recently got her passport made, and we used my Passport as primary (her name endorsed as Spouse), and her ICICI Bank statement (picture attached/attested by bank signatory) as secondary proof.

Combined with police e-verification - the local PS chap turned up with a tablet and verified everything on the spot, no paperwork - it was all a breeze.
Old 21st March 2017, 17:31   #2287
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
This was in 2014. But AFAIR, yes, apart from the marriage certificate.

Address proof for my application: BSNL bills for last one year.
Address proof for my wife's application: my passport after renewal.
Thank you. One more question - did they return your passport right away (i.e. just kept the photocopy of your passport) or they did return your and her passport together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
There's a whole list of private banks whose passbooks/endorsed statements are allowed as address proof.

The better half recently got her passport made, and we used my Passport as primary (her name endorsed as Spouse), and her ICICI Bank statement (picture attached/attested by bank signatory) as secondary proof.
Where should the picture be on the statement?
Old 21st March 2017, 17:59   #2288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Where should the picture be on the statement?
We stuck it on top right, first page of running statement, right next to where name/address/contact info of account holder is mentioned. Endorsed by the bank signatory, plus a seal/signature on each page. I used the same method when I renewed my passport in mid-2015.

It's basically a makeshift passbook. PSKs understand that a good chunk of private bank customers don't have a formal passbook in an era of e-banking & e-statements.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st March 2017 at 18:01.
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:54   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. One more question - did they return your passport right away (i.e. just kept the photocopy of your passport) or they did return your and her passport together.
No, they just took the photocopy of the passport when accepting the application for my wife after verification of the original.
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:01   #2290
BANNED

Today the PP office, does not as a rule keep originals, just scans. When I got my lost passport replaced, they just scanned the letter from the embassy, affidavit, etc. and returned the originals.
Old 27th March 2017, 17:57   #2291
BANNED

I have applied for passpprt renewal for both for me and spouse. For the new passport we have given the new address location in Pune. I had received the new passport within 7 days in Pune no police verification was required. But for wife the status says that it require police verification. We thought police will visit to our address in Pune bit nothing happened. Today wife received SMS that police has submitted adverse report and her application is under review.
I was out of station for one week so didn't got time to visit the local police station for verification.
Can some help me, on what should we do now to clear this? Should we visit local police station so that they will send the clear report to passport office or wife need to visit passport office? Is she require to take appoinent online again?
Old 10th April 2017, 11:05   #2292
BHPian

Last week completed my renewal process from Lalbagh passport office. I must say overall process was very smooth and was out in 45 mins.
Below are the documents I took.
1. Application receipt.
2. EAadhar with self signature.
3. Old passport first 2 and last 2 pages with self signature.
4. Gas bill of 1 each of last 2 years with originals.
5. Convocation certificate with originals.
6. Copy of marriage certificate with originals.

Here is the overall summary of the whole process
1. Took the appointment for 7th April during last week of March. Mine was the first batch with reporting time as 9.15AM.
2. I reached the center at 9, I was allowed inside and took the token from the one of 5 counters in the entrance.
3. Time: 9.10am - As soon as I reached near A counter, my token no was listed in the screen with the corresponding A counter no.
4. Lady in the counter scanned all the documents and took my finger prints and the photo. Paid Rs 45 for SMS service. Was out of the counter in 10 mins with the file. 'A' counter doesn`t ask for your originals and she just checked if any change/addition need to taken up.
5. Time: 9.20am- Went near counter B, like earlier as I entered the hall which hosted B as well C counters, my token no was listed in the screen with corresponding B counter no.
6. Time: 9.25am- Person in the B counter checked the documents and asked to provide original gas bill. He verified and give a go for C counter.
7. Time: 9.40am- After waiting for 10mins, my token no was listed in the screen and I zoomed into the correct C counter. Lady in the counter again went through all the documents. She cancelled my old passport and gave back the file.
8. Time: 9.45am- Gave the file to the exit counter, the person in the counter generated the acknowledgement receipt and returned the file with documents. Upon asking why he is returning the file, he told for application which has granted status they will return the file. I was surprised and I was out of the center at 9.50am. Once I was out I got the message stating "application with File no XXX has been granted with no Police verification basis". In the evening I got an SMS with passport dispatch information with tracking no.
Overall I am super happy with the way things went through and i believe if you furnish aadhar as the address proof, things will be very fast as they don`t bother to check further.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 10th April 2017 at 11:08.
Old 10th April 2017, 18:51   #2293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
2. EAadhar with self signature.
3. Old passport first 2 and last 2 pages with self signature.
4. Gas bill of 1 each of last 2 years with originals.
What is EAadhaar?

Also why did you need the Gas Bill if Aadhaar has the address?
Old 10th April 2017, 19:02   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is EAadhaar?

Also why did you need the Gas Bill if Aadhaar has the address?
Online printout of the aadhaar from uidai.gov.in = eAadhaar.

Gas bill might be insisted upon if the Aadhaar is newer than a year or two, or if the address on the Aadhaar doesn't match your present address.
Old 10th April 2017, 19:38   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Last week completed my renewal process from Lalbagh passport office. I must say overall process was very smooth and was out in 45 mins.
Did the address on Aadhaar match with the one on your old passport? Or you have shifted to new place since you got your old passport?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks