Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 22:10   #2296
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What is EAadhaar?

Also why did you need the Gas Bill if Aadhaar has the address?
Even though document advisor says anyone document from the list need to be furnished for address proof, but as a backup I had taken the gas bill as well. It came handy as the verifying person did ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Did the address on Aadhaar match with the one on your old passport? Or you have shifted to new place since you got your old passport?
No old passport was different so I had to update the Aadhaar with current one and had presented the same during renewal.

EDIT: I have received the passport today ie flat 2 days excluding weekend .

Last edited by DragonHawk : 10th April 2017 at 22:12.
Old 16th April 2017, 04:32   #2297
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
There is a reason why e-adhaar card is not accepted.
There are illegal shops which advertise that they will print your e-adhaar card for 100 Rs.
What exactly is illegal about it?

Quote:
These goons are doing good business because in 99% cases,
So?
Quote:
the e-adhaar is generated in a few days whereas the actual physical card takes months/years to reach the applicant.
So the "illegal" shops are covering for the inefficiency of the government. It's a good thing, isn't it?

Quote:
So government and many private firms are aware of this and do not accept e-adhaar card.
What is the reason for this? Do the government have better printers and laminaters than these shops?

Aadhaar is a number & not a card. A card printed by you is as valid as one printed by the government.

https://uidai.gov.in/your-aadhaar/help/faqs.html

Use of Aadhaar
Q: How is Aadhaar different from any other identity issued by the government?

A: Aadhaar is essentially a paperless online anytime-anywhere identity assigned to a resident to cover his/her entire lifetime.
Old 19th April 2017, 14:30   #2298
BHPian

I have an appointment for my minor son tomorrow for passport renewal (unexpired). I have a question. Do both parents have to accompany the child or only one is sufficient?
Old 19th April 2017, 16:53   #2299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Do both parents have to accompany the child or only one is sufficient?
One is sufficient but you need to carry original passport of both parents with you.
Old 19th April 2017, 17:01   #2300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
One is sufficient but you need to carry original passport of both parents with you.
Yes thats what the document advisor listed.
Old 25th April 2017, 09:08   #2301
BANNED

While applying for passport reissue online, there are these 2 questions

1) Have you ever been known by other names (aliases)? (Max 45 Characters) Yes No
2) Have you ever changed your name? * Yes No

What do married women fill in this case? Should they put in their maiden name? The first passport was made after marriage, so all passports always contained the married name - there is no mention of maiden name in the current & previous passport. So should maiden name be mentioned at all?
Old 25th April 2017, 09:57   #2302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
While applying for passport reissue online, there are these 2 questions

1) Have you ever been known by other names (aliases)? (Max 45 Characters) Yes No
2) Have you ever changed your name? * Yes No

What do married women fill in this case? Should they put in their maiden name? The first passport was made after marriage, so all passports always contained the married name - there is no mention of maiden name in the current & previous passport. So should maiden name be mentioned at all?
The first change of name would have required an affidativt plus marriage certificate. For subsequent re-issues, you need not affirm to name change. This applies only where you have again changed the name in the current passport's validity period.

PS:
Mostly data will be carried forward from old passport records, hence you can safely keep the same name as given in the earlier passport.

Hope this helps
Old 25th April 2017, 10:16   #2303
BHPian

Passport renewal for minor son. Went on 20th and passport received by speedpost on 22nd . Had to fill annexure "C" as both parents were not present.
Old 12th June 2017, 15:51   #2304
BHPian

Hello!

Looks like the annexures are messed up on the passport website?

http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlin...exureAffidavit

Or am I misinterpreting them?

Annexure - H, needed for minors when both parents are accompanying the minor, throws up some other document, although titled Annexure - H

Similarly, Annexure - D is the actual Annexure - H.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 12th June 2017 at 15:52.
Old 15th September 2017, 23:56   #2305
Senior - BHPian

Guys

The passports of two of my family members are expiring next March. How much in advance can I apply for renewing them? And how complex is it nowadays?

I got mine renewed ('reissued' as the GOI calls it) around 5 years ago, so I don't remember the formalities.
Old 16th September 2017, 09:40   #2306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

The passports of two of my family members are expiring next March. How much in advance can I apply for renewing them? And how complex is it nowadays?

I got mine renewed ('reissued' as the GOI calls it) around 5 years ago, so I don't remember the formalities.
You can apply within the last year of the passport's validity.

Procedure is pretty simple with everything (fee payment, appointments, documents advisory etc.) moved online. Staff is usually professional and helpful on-site, plus the phone helpline answers questions clearly.

Get your documents in order, choose an appointment convenient to you, show up and you'll be done in a few hours.

Remember to pay for the SMS updates service (avaiable at the counter when collecting counterfoil on your way out) and you'll be kept abreast of the whole process (including police verification, if applicable).

My renewal was done within 2 weeks in 2015 and wife's new passport done within 10 days in 2016 (including police verification, passport itself was received on the third day in both cases).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th September 2017 at 09:42.
Old 16th September 2017, 09:41   #2307
BHPian

It's altogether an optimal experience now as the process has been relatively simple after it has been outsourced to the Tata group. You'd now to get your passport(s) in a day should you've the same address as the expired passport. However, if you're address is different, please add another 2-3 days for police verification. Furthermore, should you wish to apply for a 'Tatkal'/'Express service' passport, it's the same turnaround time and takes a day with the caveat that the police verification happens after receipt of your passport.

To conclude, you'd just have to see what's the closest Passport Service Kendra (PSK), and pop in to get this done- you could also accompany children or Senior Citizens as well.
Old 16th September 2017, 14:22   #2308
BHPian

The contents of the document advisor are still NOT the only documents required for reissue. There are still a bunch of other documents that one needs to keep ready with oneself lest the person at the counter refuses to accept the application. Having said that, Passport services have undergone a sea change. I simply cannot compare this day with the ones that I spend to get my fresh passport issued to in 2003 at Mumbai.
Old 16th September 2017, 16:07   #2309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
The contents of the document advisor are still NOT the only documents required for reissue. There are still a bunch of other documents that one needs to keep ready with oneself lest the person at the counter refuses to accept the application.
I don't think that happens frequently. One proof of identity & One proof address is all you need. The address proof needs to prove you have spent one year at that address otherwise you will need address proof for your previous address also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
Having said that, Passport services have undergone a sea change. I simply cannot compare this day with the ones that I spend to get my fresh passport issued to in 2003 at Mumbai.
Yup, it all changed when the PSKs were established in 2013. But the one thing not changed is the police verification. That is the most painful part of the process.
Old 16th September 2017, 17:04   #2310
BHPian

There have been quite a few changes in the application process off late.

1. Birth certificate requirement waived off.
2. Name of only one parent/legal guardian will do.
3. Fewer annexes.
4. Marriage certificate and divorce decrees not mandatory.
5. Easier for orphaned children and children born out of wedlock.
6. No NoC needed from superiors for government servants.
7. Deed waived for in-country adoption.
8. Aadhaar mandatory.

http://indianexpress.com/article/ind...icate-4765174/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks