Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 00:48   #1
BHPian

Good English book store in TVM

As the title suggests, any ideas? Specifically, I am looking for Perry Mason series of books. I know the book shops in and around Statue and MG Road. Other than that, any large book store stocking English books, specifically Perry Mason?

Also, I hate used books. So, I don't want to check up with those used book vendors.
Old 8th April 2010, 01:35   #2
anb
BHPian

I think you can purchase via online. check out Flipkart.com: Buy Books Online @ Book Store in India: Online Bookstore
Old 9th April 2010, 06:17   #3
BHPian

Yeah. Even the publishers have their own online store. Will buy online if I can't find it in stores.
Old 9th April 2010, 14:48   #4
anb
BHPian

Purchasing via online is the easier option. The book will be delivered to you within 1 week and it's also more cheap because of discounts. If you go to a book store, you may have to pay MRP.
Old 9th April 2010, 16:01   #5
BHPian

Erle Stanley Gardner is published in India (under permission, hopefully) by the Bangalore-based Master Mind Books. In Cochin I've seen the complete collection at the large Reliance bookstore in Oberon Mall. Don't know about Trivandrum, but I'm sure they would be available in most bookshops. The quality of paper and printing is slightly dodgy, but not too bad either. If you're a careful reader you may catch minor typos. In one tragic instance I saw a Perry Mason book whose cover read "The Case of the Sunstitute Face".

Last edited by Edsel Rulez! : 9th April 2010 at 16:08.

Most Viewed