Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 12:31   #1
BHPian

Petrol Pump Buying in West Bengal - Need suggestions

Hi all ,

I want to start with a new business although I am currently in Job but my family wants me to do some business. And after researching for few months I found owning a gas station is a very good option for me.

Now all Petrol Heads & Business junkies I need your suggestions.

Petrol Pump is located 70 - 80 Kms from Calcutta.
It is located on State Highway and near Bus Stand with the total area 17280 sq ft, 3 tankers, two for diesel 20kl each and one for petrol 15kl capacity.The petrol pump is situated on the main road.

Now what all do you think of owning this in 1.5cr approx , According to the owner the profit he is getting today is around 2~4 lac per month.

He is owning this petrol station since 28 years and the reason for selling is his age he is alone without any family member or son.

Will it be a good deal to start with and how all this stuff works petrol pump is from Indian Oil. He is also saying that a thermal project is also coming in the area which will increase sales soon.

If it is a good deal , I will visit kolkata to look at the other finer details. & what care should I take while dealing with him. Is petrol station business is a very good money making business.

Suggest I am confused and dont want to risk my parents hard earned money.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:01   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaushik View Post
Hi all ,

I want to start with a new business
Suggest I am confused and dont want to risk my parents hard earned money.
kaushik; petrol pump is a good business. My friend's dad has a very small petrol pump with just 2 pumps. It is in a small village, and he makes about 50000 per month. but he stays there from morning to night. if you live in delhi, and you buy one in bengal, how are you going to manage it. It is best if you live near it.

Since your pump is on the highway, it is better. check where the nearest pump is. Do a thorough study of the pump's past with the locals. I too had an idea of starting one at my native place, but could not get sufficient fund to start.

There wont be any loss while running it. best of luck.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

Heres a kinda related thread : Petrol Bunk Management.
Old 8th April 2010, 22:12   #4
BHPian

Is it on NH34 or NH2 ?
I hope you know the problems in West Bengal.
Otherwise its a good business.

Most Viewed