Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 07:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Here you go with the next one in line...

Another source of radiation in Mayapuri - The Times of India
Old 27th April 2010, 13:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Man exposed to radiation dies, another critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Guys
I just spoke to someone in Mayapuri its not as big or dangerous as some of the TV channels have portrayed it to be.
The guys said that some radioactive substance arrived in some medical equipment from some hospital in Faridabad. My best guess is that it must be Cobalt (I hope I have the name of the element correct) that a friend was telling me is used in Cancer radiation and is very radioactive.
The damage has been contained in one particular lane which is referred in Mayapuri as "masjid wali gali"

So not to worry, & on a lighter note anyone game to go to Mayapuri tomorrow, might be we could go to this gali and get some good discounts, but remember to bring your radiation suits
On a more serious note :- Man exposed to radiation dies, another critical - Delhi - City - The Times of India

A 35-year-old man died at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), 19 days after he was exposed to radioactive material in the scrap market of Mayapuri in west Delhi. Another victim continues to remain critical, doctors said Tuesday.

Rajender Prasad, who was exposed to Cobalt 60 at a scrap dealer shop in Mayapuri in west Delhi and admitted to AIIMS on April 8, died around 9.30 pm on Monday after multiple organ failure.

"He developed bilateral pneumonia and was exhibiting signs of kidney and liver function impairment. He was put on ventilator April 24," a doctor treating the radiation victims said.

Eight radiation victims have been admitted to hospitals so far.

Six people were admitted at AIIMS with radiation exposure. One was discharged on April 20. Three patients continue to have low blood count but are "stable", the doctor said.

Harjeev
I had to think about the Team BHPian who visits mayapuri the most when I read this. I hope he will be cautious in future.
Regards

P.S. Maybe this needs to be shifted to the 4x4 section since it will deter potential customers from visiting mayapuri right now.
Old 27th April 2010, 14:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance but what connection is between Mayapuri ( a place in Delhi) with Jeeps ?
Old 27th April 2010, 14:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Pardon my ignorance but what connection is between Mayapuri ( a place in Delhi) with Jeeps ?
Mayapuri is basically an auto junk market, flooded with disposal/old jeeps!
Old 27th April 2010, 15:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
On a more serious note :- Man exposed to radiation dies, another critical - Delhi - City - The Times of India

A 35-year-old man died at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), 19 days after he was exposed to radioactive material in the scrap market of Mayapuri in west Delhi. Another victim continues to remain critical, doctors said Tuesday.

Rajender Prasad, who was exposed to Cobalt 60 at a scrap dealer shop in Mayapuri in west Delhi and admitted to AIIMS on April 8, died around 9.30 pm on Monday after multiple organ failure.

"He developed bilateral pneumonia and was exhibiting signs of kidney and liver function impairment. He was put on ventilator April 24," a doctor treating the radiation victims said.

Eight radiation victims have been admitted to hospitals so far.

Six people were admitted at AIIMS with radiation exposure. One was discharged on April 20. Three patients continue to have low blood count but are "stable", the doctor said.

Harjeev
I had to think about the Team BHPian who visits mayapuri the most when I read this. I hope he will be cautious in future.
Regards

P.S. Maybe this needs to be shifted to the 4x4 section since it will deter potential customers from visiting mayapuri right now.
Thanks buddy and now I feel like a fool for cracking that joke
I wish there was a way I could edit the old thread. May his soul RIP.
Old 27th April 2010, 18:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thanks buddy and now I feel like a fool forcracking that joke
I wish there was a way I could edit the old thread. May his soul RIP.
Harjeev, Actually I didn't notice the joke (in bold) in the morning. I just read it. This morning I searched in the 4x4 section for something about this issue because I knew you are always visiting mayapuri. Then I did a search on google and found this post. I suppose the situation wont be bad right now But one can never tell what these guys at the junk yard would have picked up. Looking back you were right about the cobalt the first time you poset about this. Anyway be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
DCEite if you go through the post in the 4 x 4 section you will notice that a lot of military auctioned jeeps/gypsy's have been purchased by our Team-Bhpians from mayapuri.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 27th April 2010 at 18:22.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

I think this is what we call "bandar ke haath mein ustara dena" (giving a razor blade to a monkey). All you can expect is disasters.

DU buried 20kg of radioactive material on campus, says professor - Delhi - City - The Times of India

Most Viewed