Only if somebody else jumps, i follow 7 7.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2005, 20:25   #46
Team-BHP Support

lessons to learn

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
This is whats called arrogance of youth. So you'd prefer to jump red lights over starting early ?

Its coz of people like you that i dont cross the signal without looking both ways even if its green.

Amitoj
Amitoj: you're fighting the good fight but theres no point getting yourself worked up over irresponsibility when you know its not going to get any positive results - partly because of the person's ignorance and partly because of families who encourage underage driving.
the person'll get whats in store for him/her, in due time - maybe sooner than later.
Old 7th October 2005, 20:31   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys, u shoudn't jump a red light i agree. But incase ur commin a bit fast and the signal suddenly goes red, its better to go past it than slam ur brakes and get banged from behind. This kinda jumping rd lights happens often to most ppl
Old 7th October 2005, 20:45   #48
BANNED

did i do any kind of mistake by saying the truth and being honest....if yes then..i take my words back...
and a new post to this thread...
i never break any signal...till now i have never broken any red signal...i even wait when the orange light is on...whether its 5 am or whatever....even if its a bandh and i have to go somewhere in my car...and the signals are on...i wait for the signal....
Old 7th October 2005, 21:05   #49
Team-BHP Support

well if there's no cop around and if its not going to harm oncoming traffic then i do jump a signal if i can.

manson.
Old 7th October 2005, 23:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
even while breaking a signal..i make sure by lookin left right and everywhere and then cross....and this msotly happens early mornings...
and u dont look anywhere after early mornings ? drive staright thru the red light eh, afternoon , evenings ?

i would say - Just be careful pal ! its your life and your family !
Old 7th October 2005, 23:53   #51
Team-BHP Support

Unless absolutely necessary, I never jump traffic signals. There have been times I have had stupid rickshaw, taxi and bus drivers honking their guts out standing behind me. In turn, I've given them some really nasty glares.
Old 8th October 2005, 00:29   #52
Senior - BHPian

wow! the poll shows t-bhp members as respectable and learned citizens.
Old 8th October 2005, 01:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Oh Well Thank God ! I ansolutely hate people who jump red lights especially two-wheelers which come infront of you while jumping their red light as you are trying to make a quick getaway as the light turns green and win the Traffic Light Grand Prix!!!!
Old 8th October 2005, 01:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Guys, u shoudn't jump a red light i agree. But incase ur commin a bit fast and the signal suddenly goes red, its better to go past it than slam ur brakes and get banged from behind. This kinda jumping rd lights happens often to most ppl
Thats why you have Amber...you're supposed to slow down when you see it, preferably stop.

Only red lights I've jumped were those on the dance floor when I was much younger (and lighter)...
Old 8th October 2005, 01:33   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
but satan where in bangalore have you seen a person making way for an ambulance
happens all the time ... atleast all the times i had seen. infact the last instance happened on the last weekend near NIMS. the light had turned red and an ambulance had to rush and there was no way the ambulance could've gotten through the traffic ... so, some people stopped the vehicles going through the green light and made all the vehicles in front of the ambulance go ahead through the red light so that ambulance could get through ... dunno if this would happen anywhere else.

s
Old 8th October 2005, 01:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

although never on intention or purpose, i have jumped VERY FEW red lights- but all of them were during traffic jams, when the pandus were causing chaos and were telling the snail-paced cars (read; everybody crawling along at 0.5-1 kmph) to move forward, despite the signal being red....other than that, i don't think i have ever jumped a red light intentionally, and do not intend to do so, on an empty road or otherwise...

Quote:
Only red lights I've jumped were those on the dance floor when I was much younger (and lighter)...
ha..ha..
Old 8th October 2005, 01:42   #57
Senior - BHPian

I almost never break red lights
never when i am driving four wheeler (my mom/sister never sit in car when i am driving, my brother in law doesn't let me drive when he is with me)

however on two wheeler once i very narrowly missed a big accident (surely the sumo coming from behind at very high speed would have crushed me when i was waiting at red signal)
since then when on two wheeler & deserted road/odd timings i prefer to go with mob
not that i am proud of
Old 8th October 2005, 01:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
I hate these people who jump the lights. And the countdown timers that have been installed at most signals seem to have just made matters worse. Once it reaches about 5 people start jumping the lights. Its something i just cant understand.

yeah they start going when there are five seconds left.what they dont realize is the other signal is turning amber and the traffic seeing it turn amber steps od the accelerator and speeds so as to get the signal so there is no way he can stop in time and then ....BANG !!

rev
Old 8th October 2005, 01:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Did you ever realise that narian karthikeyan started driving when he was 12(read underage)and today he is one of the fastest indians and the best!!!

I too am underage and i dont see anything wrong in driving as long as i dont put the life of the public in danger(by driving rash)

Many of the underage drivers have learnt how to drive by themselves compared to the 40+ people going to driving schools and driving without lane discipline etc etc.This is one fact that you guys must learn to appreciate

The point that i am trying to make is that people who drive underage are not the worst when it comes to driving.Though we may get tempted when someone pisses us of, we know our limits!!(what say dadude??)

regards
binz

ps:this is the link to narains life
http://www.dailypioneer.com/indexn12...&counter_img=1

pps:no offence to anyone
from article you posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by link provided
And before I (Narain Kartikeyan) got my licence I would drive on private roads and farms.
you want to drive? drive on private road
driving on public road? follow the law

there is a reason why 18 is age limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
99% of mumbai's pedestrians break signals all the time, at times causing accidents, but its never their fault...ever!
pune people are better
they start crossing road as soon as traffic signal turns greed & pedestrian signal red

Last edited by adya33 : 8th October 2005 at 01:54.
Old 8th October 2005, 02:01   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Thats why you have Amber...you're supposed to slow down when you see it, preferably stop
I guess, you are talking about those in US or Europe and not in India. Here, you have amber which turns red in 2 seconds :-( Amber is supposed to give you sufficient time to slow down or pass if you are in high speed and can cross before it turns red. At many of our signals, amber is there only because it is supposed to be there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks