Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 13:07   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
I heard that some flights to Europe have resumed, but are connecting flights to India available?
If you are talking about flights from USA then definitely yes because 9W and AI have resumed its operations and are now flying via Greece or Cairo.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Charles De Gaulle is open for traffic now, but the earliest available seats on any flight from India are on the 27th. Frankfurt is partially open as well, but no seats available on flights to Manchester or Edinburgh before May 1st. Heathrow closure is proving to be a huge bottleneck. I hope they get it open soon.
Old 21st April 2010, 17:49   #48
Senior - BHPian

Managed to get the first flight to Bangalore out of Frankfurt yesterday. Whew, good to be back home. Flight was on time, and the return flight should also have left on time. My flight was half full, which is more because people are not well informed - too much latency between LH deciding something, publishing the information and people accessing that information.

Frankfurt is more than partially open - there is a list of operating flights published on LH websites.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised that the flight to BLR was 1/2 empty! Couldn't LH have organized things a bit better and made sure more passengers got to BLR on that flight.
Anyway, I'm headed to the US Customs and Border Protection office this afternoon to see how my Mom-in-law's I-94 can be extended until next Monday/Tuesday, since her flight's been confirmed for the 26th. Crazy state of affairs!
Old 4th May 2010, 21:26   #50
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,
In one of our calls some onsite people said the Volcanic activity has started. Has the mountain begun spewing more debris over the skies ? Any news on this one ?
Old 19th May 2010, 17:40   #51
Team-BHP Support

Just in case you were wondering why they won't fly jets through volcanic ash clouds!

Volcanic ash damage.pdf

Most Viewed