Team-BHP - German Engineering Excellence, watch video.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   German Engineering Excellence, watch video. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/79845-german-engineering-excellence-watch-video.html)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RobaJKGMMiE

Very nice find, thanks for sharing.

Un-un-unbelievable and amazing feat!! Thanks for the video Fazalbhai!!

WOW excellent video .Thanks mate for sharing

Great show. The guy has got courage!

Stunning video brother!

@Fazalaliadil

Amazing, by any chance do you have the video as to how he got the machine down.

Amazing video. Liebherr really have quality products. I know this because my dad trade in construction Machinaries and even he likes this company more than any other. I think i should show him this video. Just Bookmarked the video.:)

Thanks @fazalaliadil

Das Überraschen video (Amazing video).
But what's the application? Just to climb up the towers to help construction? I like to see the real application rather than doing something for records.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aargee (Post 1844496)
Das Überraschen video (Amazing video).
But what's the application? Just to climb up the towers to help construction? I like to see the real application rather than doing something for records.

Thank you all, the pleasure is mine.

Aargee,
You have a point here.
It is for us to understand, appreciate or criticize.
The machine's applications are very well known to most.

Here they changed the front end of this excavator by removing the bucket which is used for excavating soil and replaced it with an adapter to fit in the slots in the tower.

For starters this demo shows
Quality of steel used in the boom to withstand the heavy load alone.
Power and refinement of engine on a 100% vertical.
Hydraulics, everything is controlled by fluids which run through pipes, (pipes under high pressure burst very often).
The controls, accuracy matters most when you are on a 30+ foot tower trying to fit your vehicle in slots that are just a few inches, translation into accuracy of the electronic controls/ toggles to heavy mechanical parts, not an easy thing.
etc.

When a 40 ton machine can be made to move like an acrobat, surely there have been brains which have worked very hard to achieve this.

Forget the machine, how easy is it to build the tower which can take the extreme angles of this 40 tonner on one side without and counter weight and still stand?

German steel is considered the best in our world. Undisputed.

My friend, apart from designing, planning and flawless execution which are demonstrated here, if this machine can perform in these high levels of accuracy and stress at a vertical, horizontal or semi-horizontal planes would be a cakewalk no?
Regards,

Got you. Thanks for explaining that to me. Yes, truly German (and Japanese) Engineering are real marvels of the world. It did strike out to me that the white steel is what they intended to show, but I was carried away by the acrobatic poclainer.

Great, but don't expect the same from your Merc/BMW/Porsche or especially VW/Skoda.

This video is a must for RC guys. German build again.
YouTube - RC SR-71 JET

TEN reasons why German Cars Rule!

1. First and foremost, the Germans have been practicing this automotive thing a bit longer than most countries. After all, it was Karl Benz who, in 1879, first patented the internal combustion engine and then in 1886 received a patent for his first automobile.

2. Fortune argues, the Germans have a storied racing history where their machines were pushed to their limits and reputations were forged. And then there's the infamous Green Hell – The Nürburgring – where legends are made.

3. Fortune' third reason is related to the second. Any country with 8,000 miles of public roads that allow almost unlimited speed is destined to turn out cars capable of thriving in that environment. The German Autobahn is as uniquely German as the cars the country produces.

Find the other seven factors that Fortune says make German cars great by scrolling below, then let us know if you have any other suggestions or want to lodge any disagreements by sounding off in Comments.

4. Fortune cites the German automakers' brand strength, specifically their "clarity, commitment, authenticity and relevance." Think about BMW's target goal of building every vehicle with a 50-50 weight distribution.

5. Technology. Fortune notes that "Engineers occupy a high pedestal in a country that prizes technology and craftsmanship." When engineers are given permission to do their thing, they can produce some seriously impressive machinery.

6. Fortune sums it up from The Economist: "It's quite simple, really – Germany makes things which people in countries with growing economies want to buy."

7. Arrogance with a purpose – Mercedes' ads claim "The Best Or Nothing." BMW says they build the "Ultimate Driving Machine."

8. Price is very nearly the object – Closely related to No. 7, Fortune says "Sometimes, how much you pay for something – as opposed to its function – is the point of the exercise." An extra $330 charge for a Porsche logo on the center console lid of a 911, for example.

9. Exclusive and super-exclusive – Anyone upper class with $50k can buy a 5 Series, but it takes an even larger bank account to afford an M5.

10. Everybody else is in second place – The tenth reason given for German car dominance arguably only repeats No. 7: Fortune says Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Porsche are generally thought of as top marques because, well, they say they are. And, despite great efforts by brands like Cadillac and Lexus, they remain on top of the heap.

10 ways German cars rule the road - Achtung baby (1) - CNNMoney

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 2827425)
6. Fortune sums it up from The Economist: "It's quite simple, really – Germany makes things which people in countries with growing economies want to buy."

10 ways German cars rule the road - Achtung baby (1) - CNNMoney

Yeah, the flat bed truck operators in India certainly want more and more people to buy German cars! :D

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rman-cars.html

Cheers,
Vikram