Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 12:17   #1
BANNED

Hyderabad BHPians - Pls advice - Travelling to Hyderabad on 24th April

Dear Guys,

I am travelling to Hyderabad this 24th i.e. 24.04.10,for a personal work,along with my Mother.

The following is my itinerary

1. I arrive at the Hyderbad airport at 9:35 A.M (from Chennai).
2. From the airport I need to go Secundarabad (which I believe is 25kms away) and might spend 60-90 mins to complete my personal work. How long would it take?
3. The return flight is at 7:05 P.M to Chennai.

I require assistance in the following.

1. I require a cab(preferably A.C) to use during my 1 day visit to Hyderabad. Could somebody recommend a good cab service,which you are aware of,that I could potentially use? What are the rates? Are there any good deals? Worst case I may have to book something in the airport,which I want to avoid.

2. I guess, I would need to return back to the airport around 6:00 P.M. Could we visit any pearl market(my Mother is interested) nearby and also could you recommend any good restaurants to have lunch(preferably a veg. one)?

3. We would also visit Birla Mandir,it's quite close to the place that we would be visiting in Secundarabad. What are the timings for Birla Mandir?

I am not planning to book any hotel for our visit as we would be outside most of the time.

Cheers
Old 19th April 2010, 12:24   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Dear Guys,

I am travelling to Hyderabad this 24th i.e. 24.04.10,for a personal work,along with my Mother.

The following is my itinerary

1. I arrive at the Hyderbad airport at 9:35 A.M (from Chennai).
2. From the airport I need to go Secundarabad (which I believe is 25kms away) and might spend 60-90 mins to complete my personal work. How long would it take?
3. The return flight is at 7:05 P.M to Chennai.

I require assistance in the following.

1. I require a cab(preferably A.C) to use during my 1 day visit to Hyderabad. Could somebody recommend a good cab service,which you are aware of,that I could potentially use? What are the rates? Are there any good deals? Worst case I may have to book something in the airport,which I want to avoid.

2. I guess, I would need to return back to the airport around 6:00 P.M. Could we visit any pearl market(my Mother is interested) nearby and also could you recommend any good restaurants to have lunch(preferably a veg. one)?

3. We would also visit Birla Mandir,it's quite close to the place that we would be visiting in Secundarabad. What are the timings for Birla Mandir?

I am not planning to book any hotel for our visit as we would be outside most of the time.

Cheers
1. Airport to Secunderabad is 35kms away

2. Please call JustDial Hyderabad ( 040-24444444) and take the numbers of cab services. If its indica, you can book Yellow Cabs, I think their rates are Rs.12/KM

3. If your in secunderabad, you can visit "UTSAV" for Lunch, its one of the best veg restuarants in twin cities. Its next to Lamba Theatre in Secbad

4. You can visit Jagdamba Pearls in Basheerbagh for buying Pearl necklace. Its about 2kms away from Birla Mandir.

5. Birla Mandir from Secbad would be approximately 6-8kms

To ensure you dont make a rush effort. Finish everything by 5pm and head to airport which usually takes 1 hour so your in time to catch your flight back home.

Hope this helps !
Old 19th April 2010, 12:53   #3
BANNED

@mobike008 Thank you very much for the quick response.

Cheers
Old 19th April 2010, 19:11   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mobike has answered all of your queries and I agree with him on his replies. Yellow Cabs are one of the best cab services in Hyderabad.
Old 19th April 2010, 21:28   #5
BANNED

mobike008 & ottocylcle,

I would prefer some kind of package dealing say 5 hours/50KMS - Rs500(just an example) rather than metered taxis as metered taxis would turn out to be expensive.

Are there any good cab services which offer these type of dealings? I would anyway give a ring to Yellow Cabs tomorrow to enquire about their tariffs.

Cheers
Old 20th April 2010, 09:43   #6
BANNED

Just called up Yellow Taxi. They have a 7hour/7Km/Rs850 package(Non-AC) and Rs10 for every extra km. Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 20th April 2010, 09:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just called up Yellow Taxi. They have a 7hour/7Km/Rs850 package(Non-AC) and Rs10 for every extra km. Sounds reasonable to me.
Whoaa!!! guess its bit expensive compared to Chennai. In Chennai, they charge about 8 hours 850 for non A/C Indica
Old 20th April 2010, 12:37   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Whoaa!!! guess its bit expensive compared to Chennai. In Chennai, they charge about 8 hours 850 for non A/C Indica
err..it should have been 7 hr/70km and not 7 km.

On another note,just received a call from Maruthi Travels(Hyderabad). The agent says their tariff is 8hrs/80KM/Rs800 for Indica (A.C). This seems to be a very good deal. Will speak to him again as their web-site that the meter starts/ends at their Garage and their garage could be 30kms from the airport
Old 20th April 2010, 14:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

On another note,just received a call from Maruthi Travels(Hyderabad). The agent says their tariff is 8hrs/80KM/Rs800 for Indica (A.C). This seems to be a very good deal. Will speak to him again as their web-site that the meter starts/ends at their Garage and their garage could be 30kms from the airport
Thats ridiculous.IMO, the best way is to get down at Hyd Airport and walk out and down towards McDonald Restuarant.

Here you will find a lot of cab fellows waiting. Just speak to them 1-1 and arrange yourself a deal, it will work out much cheaper. I know because i find most of them desperate for business and its just a matter of negotiation and maybe 15-20 mins of your time.

Tell them you need their service for the whole day and ask for a complete package

Airport to Paradise : 35km
Paradise to Hotel Utsav : 2km
Hotel Utsav to Basheerbagh : 8kms
Basheerbagh to Airport : 35kms

Total Approximately : 80kms

So talk to the cab for a maximum of 90kms package and i am sure they will agree to Rs.10/KM which will be reasonable.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh!!! 7 hour 70 Kms is good deal & cheaper than Chennai.

Quote:
Will speak to him again as their web-site that the meter starts/ends at their Garage and their garage could be 30kms from the airport
Right, beware of these tactics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks