Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2005, 23:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

Actress wants to slap BEST driver

Mid-day reports on the accident tv actress Kishore Shahne had with a BEST driver. Pretty scary. The driver delibrately banged her car! Something needs to be done about these BEST drivers
Old 12th October 2005, 00:02   #2
BHPian

thats too good...maybe he just deserves one tight slap!
Old 12th October 2005, 00:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

emm. another reason 2 blame BEST? or u a fan of the actress

@fieroid : hi frm xbhpian... didnt knw that ur active here 2
Old 12th October 2005, 00:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
another reason 2 blame BEST?
Blame BEST? Didn't you read what happened? What would you do if this had happened to you buddy? Would you have said, "oh it's perfectly okay that he banged my car. Poor guy's having a hard time driving a BEST so he has a right to bang into others cars"

Quote:
or u a fan of the actress
I am now!
Old 12th October 2005, 06:53   #5
Team-BHP Support

Why do all our Government run organisations and their employees have such sick attitudes? All of them seem to feel that they are doing us a big favour by existing. The municipality, banks, telephone department, tax department, etc., all seriously suck!
This bus driver has gone over the top and shouldn't go unpunished. The Mumbai Police better get their act together. If this is the way they continue to function, they'll be termed as nothing more than crooks in uniforms. It's pointless closing public places at night. Instead go and catch the real criminals.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th October 2005 at 11:38.
Old 12th October 2005, 11:19   #6

wow which actress

Post Deleted : Note from the Admin. Do read the board rules before posting ANY further. Full and proper english is a must for communicating on Team-BHP
Old 12th October 2005, 11:32   #7
BHPian

I won't like to judge based on a single version (the actress') of the story (who wouldn't want to defend one's own position in such a situation?)... It's also unfair to brand all BEST drivers as rash.

I have a rather high regard for BEST drivers and the organization in general. BEST drivers receive superior skills and attitude training over most other drivers of public transportation in India. In my opinion, they are certainly superior to many private bus drivers operating in Mumbai. Not that they are above blame, but just superior in many situations. Several years back, I was myself involved in a brush with a BEST bus at Sion circle during rush hour. My car was sandwiched and immobile at the signal when an empty BEST bus elbowed its way forward from my left, but not before brushing my front left fender very badly. Naturally I was enraged, noted the bus number, and when the traffic eased, headed straight to Dharavi BEST bus depot to lodge a complaint. To my surprise and disbelief, instead of resistance, the supervisor apologised and said that the involved driver had already reported the incident a few minutes back to him and also admitted to his fault! The supervisor further informed me that this driver was fresh from training, and after this incident in his record, he would be redeployed in less congested routes till his skills improved. He further requested me to lodge an FIR at Dharavi police station and even gave me a chit written in Marathi (with his phone number) for the constable to verify. I was clearly moved by such professionalism. To my surprise of surprises, as I was coming out of the depot, I met the same driver standing in a corner. When I stopped and stared at him, he simply said sorry, which I acknowledged angrily and headed to Dharavi police station for the FIR. Of course, it involved a few hours of inconvenience to me till I got the copy of FIR in my hand. The rest of the story is the normal process of insurance claims using the strength of FIR.

Without prejudice to this case, I have also witnessed several instances of 'pretty' drivers (never cared to investigate if they have an 'acting' background or not) driving with zero road sense. Just yesterday evening I witnessed one such 'pretty' driver driving on L.B.S. Marg at Mulund at a 'safe' speed of 20-25 kmph (where the average speed could have been 40-50) at such a position on the road which allowed traffic neither to move to right nor to left.

True, our police reporting systems and attitudes need to change but that should be subject of another thread.

But guys and gals, what do you make out of Kishore Shahane's reported statement “I want to go to the bus depot and give him one tight slap...”? Is it her ambition to convert Mumbai roads into one big TV soap or hindi film stage? Should soap and filmi characters be allowed to rehearse their roles on public roads? At an age when society does not tolerate such attitude (slapping, corporal punishment) even with teachers in schools, who should get the sympathy in this Mid-Day story?
Old 12th October 2005, 14:20   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kishore whats-her-name? I am dead sure Mid-day printed this only because of the "actress' tag than anything else. 90% of their news paper is anyways ads and other trash.

GTO
Old 12th October 2005, 16:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why do all our Government run organisations and their employees have such sick attitudes? All of them seem to feel that they are doing us a big favour by existing. The municipality, banks, telephone department, tax department, etc., all seriously suck!
the joys union brings
Old 12th October 2005, 16:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Kishore whats-her-name?
I think the name's right... Although I don't watch such lifebuoy, just checked... See http://www.india-forums.com/forum_po...ID=27825&TPN=6
Old 12th October 2005, 17:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mid-day printed this only because of the "actress' tag than anything else.
Of course thats true. If it was any of us Mid-day wouldn't have bothered. But thats how society is anywhere in the world. Unfortunately, her "actress" tag didn't help her when she went to make a complaint with the cops as is evident from the story. If the cops had been more professional she wouldn't have had the need to use her "actress" status to make noise over the issue isn't it? Second issue here is what if it was Rani Mukherjee or some other top bollywood actress in her place. The driver wouldn't have been as rude and probably BEST would have fired the driver by now isnt it?

Quote:
But guys and gals, what do you make out of Kishore Shahane's reported statement “I want to go to the bus depot and give him one tight slap...”?
Why blame her? Don't we all see this happening countless times on our roads? One of the most hilarious things I see on Indian roads is people fighting after an accident. The louder between the two was right and the accident was not his fault! But I guess if someone delibrately bangs into my car and then makes fun of the situation, I'd do the same.

Quote:
I have also witnessed several instances of 'pretty' drivers driving with zero road sense.
Most of these "pretty" drivers are as "good" in driving as men. Some are actually better then men. Anyway, even if they are doing 20kmph in the overtaking lane, it still doesn't give anyone a right to bang into their cars delibrately.

Last edited by amit : 12th October 2005 at 18:04.
Old 12th October 2005, 19:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Most of these "pretty" drivers are as "good" in driving as men
Old 12th October 2005, 19:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
I think you're trying to conclude that pretty and driving dont go together....which is not very correct since I know of quite a few pretty ladies who can turn a mean wheel. This is despite the generalisation that women are normally not very good drivers - the ones that ARE good are VERY good.

Last edited by Steeroid : 12th October 2005 at 19:33.
Old 12th October 2005, 21:56   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
I think you're trying to conclude that pretty and driving dont go together....which is not very correct since I know of quite a few pretty ladies who can turn a mean wheel. This is despite the generalisation that women are normally not very good drivers - the ones that ARE good are VERY good.
Thank you very much!

BEST has a pretty strong disciplinary system and most complaints made againt any BEST is taken quite seriously.

Amit... lesser known celebrities are often known to blow things a little out of proportion so that they at least get talked about. So its best to take these reports (especially from midday) with a pinch of salt.
Old 13th October 2005, 09:52   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
This is despite the generalisation that women are normally not very good drivers - the ones that ARE good are VERY good.
I have a friend a few years older than me who drives a NOS Vtec. Dark Green with 2 white racing stripes. She was very good when we were kids, and very good now even after raising 2 sons.

Most Viewed