Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 15:08   #46
BHPian

Do you have a 'Nick Name' for your car? List it here - with the reason!

Hello BHPIANS!
Being a member of TBHP means that we all love our cars and cars in general, and since we're all emotionally attached with our machines I'm sure we have all have some nick-name for our cars!!
I remember having a discussion about nick-names with a few BHPians from Mumbai on the WhatsApp group, so tried looking up a forum about the same, but couldn't find one. So I thought, we not start one!? It would surely be interesting to see what nick-name each of us have assigned to our lovely cars and the reason / logic behind the same!!
(MODS - please merge this thread if a similar one already exists. I couldn't find one though!)

So let me start with the nick-name I have for my car: Ford Figo Titanium - Petrol - Colorado Red
Name one: (when calling it with love) Red Candy
Reason: This one is courtesy my uncle - who had come along when i took delivery of the Figo. On first look he said 'Dude! This looks just like a candy! Red Candy!' So this is how I decided to keep this name for my lovely lady!
Name two: (when calling it with anger) Pyaasi Daayan (Yes, I know it's cheesy, but what to do, bollywood influence!)
Reason: Some Figos have an issue with the programming of the fuel meter, due to which it used to start buzzing even when there was like 20ltrs left in the tank! Unfortunately my Figo was one of them! Because of this issue by car used to start buzzing very frequently, which was extremely irritating during our Goa drive, and out of frustration my wife just called out 'Yeh teri PYAASI DAAYAN' baar-baar bajti rehti hai! Fuel tank hai ki black hole!?
So there it was! I now call her Pyaasi Daayan whenever it starts buzzing for fuel!! (I've got the issue with the fuel meter sorted, but the name remains!)

So these were the nick-names I've assigned to my car, I'm sure you guys have one too! Please share yours!!

Cheers, over & out!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 24th March 2014 at 16:14. Reason: 2 smileys per post only pls....
Old 24th March 2014, 15:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you have a 'Nick Name' for your car? List it here - with the reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
Hello BHPIANS!
Being a member of TBHP means that we all love our cars and cars in general, and since we're all emotionally attached with our machines I'm sure we have all have some nick-name for our cars!!
A nice way to find out how close we are to our machines.
Both my bikes and car have had names ever since I got them.

M800(Sold)- Comfortably Numb.
I am a big Floyd fan and the 800 was passed on from my dad to my sis and to me and taken a lot and still performed with all the crazy changes I did to it.(Which included a T-Bird muffler!)

Ford Figo- Red Rascal.
Yes, it is red and I was figuring names when this came into my mind and stuck to it.

Bullet Electra- Silverado.
A silver Enfield and thought of the name because of the old west movie-Silverado.

Bullet 500- Greyhound
The idea behind the name being the color of the bike as well as the dog.(not the US bus company)

All of them except for Silverado had their names stickered on them.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A nice way to find out how close we are to our machines.
Both my bikes and car have had names ever since I got them.

Bullet Electra- Silverado.
A silver Enfield and thought of the name because of the old west movie-Silverado.

Bullet 500- Greyhound
The idea behind the name being the color of the bike as well as the dog.(not the US bus company)

All of them except for Silverado had their names stickered on them.
Wow! Nice nick-names you've got here!!
You seem to be a big bullet fan! Personally I'm not a bike-guy (because my feet don't reach the ground when seated), but i really appreciate bullet guys! Such a heavy bike, but you guys still manage!
Old 24th March 2014, 15:35   #49
BANNED

Nick name for my car is - Venom (the spider man series).
Reason - Its a Hyundai Accent, a Trouble free family sedan = Good boy image. Since accents were used in WRC in the early 2000s. So I fantasize about my car having that hidden potential of raw power & speed = the evil/ Dark side which remains hidden. That was a Lame justification, I just like the name - Venom.

Nick name for my RD = Wolf.
Reason = the growl of the exhausts, the way it leaps forward when I twist the throttle.

Last edited by sinhead : 24th March 2014 at 15:37.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

My wife names our vehicles, I have not been able to figure out the logic

The Figo is called "Chameli"
The Flyte is called "Gussie", after Augustus Fink-Nottle of P.G.Wodehouse fame
Old 24th March 2014, 16:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why and How do you choose the name of your car??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The Flyte is called "Gussie", after Augustus Fink-Nottle of P.G.Wodehouse fame
Ah! another character from P G Wodehouse.

I do name almost all of my possessions - Cars, bikes, mobiles, laptop, camera, house etc

So here goes the list:

Unicorn - Jeevs (from PG Wodehouse )
Bullet - Letty (From Fast and Furious)
Punto - Jai Sackett (Jai from Sholey and Sackett from the Louis L'Amour stories - and oh, he comes from the family line of Tyrel Sackett)

and the list goes on...

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 24th March 2014 at 16:54.
Old 31st March 2014, 12:01   #52
BHPian

My first personally owned car was a Red Maruti 800 - bought second hand from someone called Suman Ranganathan. My friend tells me she is an actress and i am thinking "So What" ? Anyway, the car was mercurial and it was one of those purchases done through a shady dealer who closed up 6 months later. The car would start whenever she wanted and stop whenever she wanted. And so she was called Christie (remember stephen king )

The second vehicle was a first hand Wagon R - and we named her Sally - Thanks to Mustang Sally by B.B.King. Incidentally, that was the first song that was played in her audio system and so she was Sally

The third one is a Ford Fusion - and she is still with us after 8 years running strong. We just couldnt part with Sally name and therefore named her Sally again.

The fourth one is a Safari Stome and we decided to call him - Black Knight. He is black, he is mean and still a woman's man. My wife drools over him and cant get enough.
Old 1st February 2024, 22:04   #53

Hi, I Just Bought A New Mahindra Thar Rwd. Black In Colour. Was Thinking For A New Name Preferably In Hindi. Had A Few Names Listed Up. Any Suggestions?
Bagheera
Gabbar
Jhota
Hagrid
Hulk
Django (from Django Unchaned)
I Know Few Names Are Not Hindi But Sounded Good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks