Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 18:40   #1
Senior - BHPian

Indirapuram (Ghaziabad,UP) - Severe Power crisis Alert!

Power situation in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad has turned from bad to worst in recent times.

Till about last year, 6-8 hour of daily scheduled cuts were the norm. But since the last few months - hold your breath, 14-16 hours power cuts are being faced by the residents daily.

So those people who are looking to move into this locality - or thinking of buying some property here - BEWARE!

The situation will only get worse from here on as the State government has no concrete plans to provide adequate electricity to this area.

Being populated mostly by middle class people it is not a big vote bank area for politicians, hence the exploitation.

So again advising anyone looking to move to this area - be prepared for worst power cuts or pay through your nose for the power backup !
Old 30th April 2010, 18:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

I've heard that the power costs about 11 bucks per unit in Indirapuram. Is that correct ?
Old 30th April 2010, 19:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes Eddy, thats what i have heard too Rs. 10-11 per unit.

What a shame this area is one of the fastest growing in NCR in terms of residential real estate development!
Old 30th April 2010, 19:14   #4
BHPian

The power cuts have always been major in Ghaziabad.

I remember that I had shifted to ghaziabad some years back & worst scenerio was every night in summers that too 45 degree - power cuts from 2 am - 6 am - I got feedup & shifted over from Ghaziabad- what would have the AC Done in case u have banglow only would work if you have power backup facility is up - god saved me- shifted over to better place with AC Backup Genset.

If some one wants to invest at this point of time noida extn is the best.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam

Last edited by anupam00 : 30th April 2010 at 19:16. Reason: Rectified
Old 30th April 2010, 23:16   #5
BHPian

Hey man, you make it sound scary. Power cuts are indeed long, but my society (Shipra Sun City) does have 5 KVA back-up for every flat; so I can run 2 ACs easily.

The rates for back-up are Rs. 10.5 per unit but it doesn't turn out very expensive. During peak summer months I pay about 2K for back-up abd 1.5K for SEB.

The real problem is crossing NH-24 to reach Noida. It takes me 10-15 mins in the morning and 20-25 mins in the evening. I am POed because of this and wanted to sell my flat and buy an independent house but wifey heard none of that. She like the area very much - Shipra Sun City is a huge locality and everything (OK, almost everything) under the sun available within the campus.

And yes anupam is right; Indirapuram is no longer good for investment - prices are too high - 4200-5000 per sq feet. Noida extension (Greater Noida sec. 1-4) are the destinations for investment. I myself had bought a flat over there, in the hope that some day wifey might relent to shift there :-)

Nitin
Old 16th May 2010, 13:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Update:
Situation is getting critical day by day as summer progresses.
Since the last 4-5 days, power cuts have increased to 18-19 hours *minimum*.

Yesterday night, there was power only for 1.5 hours. All the invertors discharged.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:08   #7
BHPian

The strange fact is that across the road, in sector-62 Noida, we have fixed 2hr power cut from 10am-12pm and no power cut for the rest of 22hrs. Is there any rostering plan for Indirapuram because we have proper roster for the whole city.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:14   #8
BHPian

I am staying in Pitam Pura in North West Delhi and yday we had kind of the first power cut of the season when elec failed at around 12 and was restored at 2:30. It wasnt a power cut but actually one of three phases of the colony had blown and incidentally all three of our electric meters are on that phase only. The generator kept the fans on but AC cant be operated on Generator and I was sleepless till the time power was restored.

Thinking of your situation sends shock waves through my spine.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:16   #9
Team-BHP Support

Why don't you organize a public protest on NH-24. Peaceful assembly is your constitutional right, and just imagine the mother of all traffic jams!
Old 16th May 2010, 14:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Update:
Situation is getting critical day by day as summer progresses.
Since the last 4-5 days, power cuts have increased to 18-19 hours *minimum*.

Yesterday night, there was power only for 1.5 hours. All the invertors discharged.
Hey DCEite,

Where in Indirapuram are you living ? I am asking this because in my society last night there was no power cut from 12 am - 7 am.

Yes the power cuts have increased in my society during summers (which is a norm) but not to the extent of 18-19 hours. 10 hrs is the usual that I have seen.
Old 16th May 2010, 16:24   #11
BHPian

(1) Get enough people on board, and threaten mass resignation and move to another city.
Or
(2) Move to another city
Or
(3) Get power backup.
Old 16th May 2010, 17:12   #12
BHPian

Moving to another city won't help. Its Uttar Pradesh. Nobody in the state government will care. Also this will involve a lot of money.

Getting power backup is a good option but that will also involve money though it will be lesser than what is required to migrate to another city.

As sugegsted by TSK, for quick remedy, a "peaceful" protest on NH 24 will be required. Make sure that it remains peaceful otherwise that area is already known for violence during traffic jams. Hooligans in the crowd don't leave even the private vehicles. Also one should make sure that the NH doesn't come to a stand still.
Old 16th May 2010, 22:32   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
Hey DCEite,

Where in Indirapuram are you living ?
My parents house is in Rail Vihar society, Indirapuram

As i write this(10.32 pm), i am at the same place, just had a power cut from 8 pm to 10 pm, and voila, its gone again!
Old 16th May 2010, 22:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why don't you organize a public protest on NH-24.
@ tsk1979: I believe more than one such protest has been held - definitely 2 last summer, though not this summer AFAIK. The repercussions of an NH-24 jam spill over from Nizamuddin to Noida to Ghaziabad to Hapur - and it really is not funny being stuck in one.

@ DCEite: don't take Tanveer's advice and make life unbearable for me!

Most Viewed