Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2015, 09:28   #916
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTAutoMad View Post

Hi hellmet, I am presuming you intend to migrate to Canada. Sorry to be blunt, but the fact is that choice of location / employer / industry etc is a luxury not possible for new migrants. The over-riding objective is to get a job asap, wherever that may be, even if it is way below what you are doing in India. Once you have some local experience, then you can always apply to jobs in your preferred location, industry etc.
Yes, I get that. But are there other cities with a lot of IT opportunities as well, apart from Toronto?
Old 20th July 2015, 17:14   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTAutoMad View Post
Hi mdsaif92, You are right to be suspicious. When there are tens of thousands of highly qualified, experienced local residents (be it Canada / Australia / NZ - any of those countries where one can migrate) unemployed & looking for jobs, why they should send an unsolicited email offering a job to to foreigner who (to quote you) is an entry level professional. Quite possibly a scam.

The previous pages provide a wealth of honest (sometimes raw / blunt) advice / information - if you are interested in migration, please do go through them.

Hi hellmet, I am presuming you intend to migrate to Canada. Sorry to be blunt, but the fact is that choice of location / employer / industry etc is a luxury not possible for new migrants. The over-riding objective is to get a job asap, wherever that may be, even if it is way below what you are doing in India. Once you have some local experience, then you can always apply to jobs in your preferred location, industry etc.
Thank you so much for your response LTAutoMad. I'm gonna take out some time and read more. There certainly is a lot of info on this thread
Old 21st July 2015, 19:46   #918
BHPian

Is Canada (white collar jobs wise) in a recession right now?
Old 11th August 2015, 20:45   #919
BHPian

Guys - Me and my family have now moved to Canada. Currently I'm in Mississauga. Any T-BHPians living close by?
Old 17th August 2015, 23:37   #920
BHPian

PMed you. I am in Downtown Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Guys - Me and my family have now moved to Canada. Currently I'm in Mississauga. Any T-BHPians living close by?
Old 18th August 2015, 20:08   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I need some advice related to a paperwork quandry.

My brother has applied for a work permit in Canada and needs to prove 'legality of professional experience' ,'proof of social security payments' issued by a 'government authority'

He has submitted his experience certificates and form26 and itrv forms which they refuse to accept.They also refuse to accept a tax certificate by a CA. What 'government' authority can issue such a certificate? Im clueless on how to proceed further.Any guidance would help.

Thanks in advance.

Dr.Singh
This must be Quebec. Recently they refused my application on the same grounds. They do not accept IT returns, employer's certificate, salary slips, PF statement etc. So ultimately provided them Form 16. He consulted any lawyer?
Old 1st September 2015, 10:07   #922
BHPian

Hello guys,

Kindly request you all to urgently recommend a trustworthy immigration consultant in Pune.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th September 2015, 10:26   #923
Senior - BHPian

What are the good options for immigration for a seafarer? I always thought I would never leave India and still don't want to but things are getting worse day by day so I may just try and move somewhere better.
Old 19th September 2015, 13:10   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
What are the good options for immigration for a seafarer? I always thought I would never leave India and still don't want to but things are getting worse day by day so I may just try and move somewhere better.
A lot of ex navy types I know have ended up establishing shipping, import, export type businesses in Africa.

I would think India to be a nice place for a seafarer. What with all the new ports coming up.
Old 29th September 2015, 06:27   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
A lot of ex navy types I know have ended up establishing shipping, import, export type businesses in Africa.
Other than South Africa, I wouldn't consider Africa to be better than India. But South Africa is also becoming worse day by day.

Quote:
I would think India to be a nice place for a seafarer. What with all the new ports coming up.
That's what I used to think. As I said before, "I always thought I would never leave India". Without going into specifics, I don't see India ever becoming like any of the developed countries at least in my lifetime. I have decide to wait and watch for another 4 years and then take a call.
Old 29th September 2015, 07:20   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Other than South Africa, I wouldn't consider Africa to be better than India. But South Africa is also becoming worse day by day.

That's what I used to think. As I said before, "I always thought I would never leave India". Without going into specifics, I don't see India ever becoming like any of the developed countries at least in my lifetime. I have decide to wait and watch for another 4 years and then take a call.
It may not become like a 'developed' country, but the whole world wants to make money in India's expanding economy. Ask all the expats working in India

But I agree that the west is a better place for retirement.
Old 29th September 2015, 16:04   #927
BHPian

Here is the Situation.

I have been talking to a guy in Canada for a employment opportunity with top IT organisation. Everything is finalised but it is VISA which is giving me sleepless nights. As per the HR guy, they has applied for me under some LIMA category and VISA from embassy are approved. I am yet to see them in person though but we has the option of -

Either getting Our visa stamped in india itself .

Or

We can Just fly out to Ottawa and get the visa stamped there.

He Insists that we use option 2 as risk of rejection is bare minimal. Wondering what is true in above and if any such option exist at all. I tried searching through canadian embassy website but i could not see any option for VISA on Arrival for indian nationals.

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 29th September 2015 at 16:06.
Old 29th September 2015, 19:20   #928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Here is the Situation.

I have been talking to a guy in Canada for a employment opportunity with top IT organisation. Everything is finalised but it is VISA which is giving me sleepless nights. As per the HR guy, they has applied for me under some LIMA category and VISA from embassy are approved. I am yet to see them in person though but we has the option of -

Either getting Our visa stamped in india itself .

Or

We can Just fly out to Ottawa and get the visa stamped there.

He Insists that we use option 2 as risk of rejection is bare minimal. Wondering what is true in above and if any such option exist at all. I tried searching through canadian embassy website but i could not see any option for VISA on Arrival for indian nationals.
I dont know much about this category. Is it LMIA or LIMA? For LMIA, this is what the Canadian Immigration site clearly states:
Quote:
Once a positive LMIA has been issued, you should provide a copy of the confirmation letter to each foreign worker and advise each worker to apply for a work permit and, if necessary, a temporary resident visa at a visa office abroad.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...lmo-basics.asp

Here is another link that says option 2 might be possible if you as an Indian do not require temporary resident visa:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...s/hire-how.asp

Also search canadavisa.com forum.
Old 30th September 2015, 11:31   #929
BHPian

Very valuable information on this thread. Thanks to everyone for contributing immensely and allowing us mortals to understand the pros and cons of moving to a different country for work and life.

From what I've seen in the last few pages of this thread, the discussions have been centered around Australia, Canada and NZ (to some extent). I'm keen to understand a bit more about Ireland (ROI).

I've looked through their immigration pages and it seems like a catch-22 situation. To apply for a work visa, one must have a job offer for a min of 2 years from an employer based out of Ireland. Having said that, if you approach any agencies and job portals in Ireland, they'd invariably ask if you have a work visa/permit. That's quite a bummer!
I think the best bet is to seek formal education for about a year (a professional Masters) and then try one's luck in the job market there. Not certain how useful that might turn out to be!

Nevertheless, I was kind of hoping to understand from TBHP brethren based out of Ireland on how the job situation is like out there.

Cheers.
-Subhash

P.S: I am an IT chap with a little over 13 years of work experience now.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:42   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I dont know much about this category. Is it LMIA or LIMA? For LMIA, this is what the Canadian Immigration site clearly states:

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...lmo-basics.asp

Here is another link that says option 2 might be possible if you as an Indian do not require temporary resident visa:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/em...s/hire-how.asp

Also search canadavisa.com forum.
Thanks a ton for revert Amit. I Kept searching for LIMA and hit upon peru's capital city .It must be LMIA only and After reading through the links, I am glad that guy is correct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks