Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 22:06   #691
Senior - BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Very expensive to own a car in Malaysia? It’s actually quite cheap to own a car in Malaysia. Local brands are really affordable, and Japanese brands are available on similar prices (or slightly higher) as of India. And petrol is really cheap (less than RM 2.00 I believe).
I am not sure if I am seeing this right. For example, a premium model of i10 cost 50K MYR. Thats over 9L in INR. Cheap? I could see anything lesser than the 35K MYR range which was some Perodua one.

Japanese ones were even expensive. Jazz I known is higher spec than India, costing 90K+ MYR
Old 17th June 2013, 22:29   #692
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I would sincerely appreciate if you could kindly advice a trustable immigration consultant for New Zealand & Canada in New Delhi or Gurgaon.

Over the net or in newspapers there are tons & tons adverts of immigration consultant but don't know whom to rely upon.

Thanks in advance!

Amit
Old 18th June 2013, 07:06   #693
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Dear Friends,

I would sincerely appreciate if you could kindly advice a trustable immigration consultant for New Zealand & Canada in New Delhi or Gurgaon.

Over the net or in newspapers there are tons & tons adverts of immigration consultant but don't know whom to rely upon.

Thanks in advance!

Amit
Do a private message to bensb2b as he has quite a bit of experience in this.
Isn't it sad tha so many first class Indians are being forced to consider emigration on account of the scum ridden politics, administration and corruption that India seems full of? Sad also that we pay so much by way of taxes and get absolutely nothing back.
All the best.
Cheers
Old 18th June 2013, 07:39   #694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I am not sure if I am seeing this right. For example, a premium model of i10 cost 50K MYR. Thats over 9L in INR. Cheap? I could see anything lesser than the 35K MYR range which was some Perodua one.

Japanese ones were even expensive. Jazz I known is higher spec than India, costing 90K+ MYR
Well, it does not work if you compare with India prices. If you do MYR to INR conversion, even a cup of coffee from a regular café may look expensive. Majority of Japanese cars are CBU in Malaysia and hence the high price. Koreans are slightly more reasonable. Honda especially is an expensive brand in Malaysia. For e.g.; a Honda Jazz will cost almost same as a Hyundai Elantra. On a budget, there are abundance of options with the local brands (proton, perodua etc.). Check around the options (instead of going by the country of origin) and you will find a good deal. Cars made for local markets are considerably cheaper (e.g.; Toyota Avanza).
Old 28th June 2013, 10:49   #695
Senior - BHPian

Those looking for H1B are perhaps having a better chance now due to the immigration reform bill in US.

http://www.myvisajobs.com/Blog/post/...tion-bill.aspx
Old 28th June 2013, 21:24   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance!

Amit
Can't help you with consultants but can suggest one thing - take all promises with a grain of salt. Do your own research wrt employability and the time it takes to get approved. Might come in handy if you are needed to do some courses etc. in the mean time.
Old 28th June 2013, 22:27   #697
BHPian

Mods, may I list an ex Canadian consulate employee who has her own practice in Delhi, she specializes in critical cases and refusal.

Linkedin : http://in.linkedin.com/pub/preeti-ahluwalia/16/3a7/320

If any one needs contact info pm me.

Btw there are dime a dozen consultants, but the above person is highly recommended, as she got me a visa in her first attempt.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:25   #698
BHPian

Hi All

I have successfully migrated to AUSTRALIA.Do we have any BHPins from Brisbane?If so please update me
Old 5th July 2013, 10:04   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
Hi All

I have successfully migrated to AUSTRALIA.Do we have any BHPins from Brisbane?If so please update me
Thats great news indeed. Are you alone or with family? How about the job..? Wish a fruitful stay there.
Old 5th July 2013, 10:16   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Those looking for H1B are perhaps having a better chance now due to the immigration reform bill in US.

http://www.myvisajobs.com/Blog/post/...tion-bill.aspx
The article doesnt say anything about the proposed wage increases for H1B workers (kinda negates the advantage of sending an Indian to work from here) as also , more importantly, this rule :

The new bill will also prohibit any company with more than 15 per cent of its workforce holding H-1B visas from placing those workers at client sites.

The Indian IT cos would definitely be hurt by this alone, and if passed, will see a huge drop in the number of applications from India.
Old 5th July 2013, 10:47   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The article doesnt say anything about the proposed wage increases for H1B workers (kinda negates the advantage of sending an Indian to work from here) as also , more importantly, this rule :
The US government by law mandates that H1B workers be paid the higher of the applicable wage for the job or what is paid to an American in the same job. There is a pamphlet called "Know your rights" that you usually receive at the consulate or your immigration attorney gives you which specifies your rights as a non-immigrant worker. It has a lot of interesting points which actually mandates that an H1B gets treated equal to a citizen in most aspects!

An H1B petition requires and LCA to be filed which shows the range of current wages for American workers and you ought to get paid in equal.

Attaching a printer version of the pamphlet for your info.English.pub - Pamphlet-Printer.pdf
Old 5th July 2013, 11:05   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
The US government by law mandates that H1B workers be paid the higher of the applicable wage for the job or what is paid to an American in the same job.
Yep , but the new bill reportedly talks of a 1.5x the prevailing wage slab for an H1B worker. Currently , the prevailing wage has to be "more" , and doesnt specify by how much.

BTW , just curious, what does it mean for existing H1B holders ? Will their renewals be also subjected to this ?
Old 5th July 2013, 11:26   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Yep , but the new bill reportedly talks of a 1.5x the prevailing wage slab for an H1B worker. Currently , the prevailing wage has to be "more" , and doesnt specify by how much.

BTW , just curious, what does it mean for existing H1B holders ? Will their renewals be also subjected to this ?
I believe whatever is applicable bill at any moment, H1B visa holders will be subjected to that. And by the way it doesn't look like the bill will pass very soon. Some predict that this bill could come in effect only by 2016.
Old 5th July 2013, 13:40   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Thats great news indeed. Are you alone or with family? How about the job..? Wish a fruitful stay there.
Hi MaxTorque

Thanks

Yes ,I am with family and need to search for a job now
Old 8th July 2013, 10:57   #705
Senior - BHPian

@BinFord, if you have some free time, please describe the overall process of immigration, timelines required, costs involved and so on, for the benefit of all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks