Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 07:59   #901
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
post visa expenses and tickets you would be left with AUD12600 approx. which might not be enough to sustain. Unless you are sure of support (housing/schooling) during the time of your job hunt. I'd say if you are going with family, make sure you have AUD50k at least. Opinions could vary.
I am telling you upfront that this is not to demotivate or demoralize anyone from migrating abroad, especially Australia.

I would say, In a scenario where you are in a very good profile, earning good money back in India and also have a family with children studying ,parents relaying on you etc, then migrating on your mid-thirties is not a good idea at all. Unless you have the guts to play with your career and also tamper your child’s education and parent’s welfare.

But on the other had if you are recently married and in a junior to mid- junior level in India and looking for a better life and money ,then I would recommend start filing your migration after your skill assessment by exploring suitable opportunities. It is like a win-win situation where you are not going to lose much and whatever you gain will always be a positive.

However to start in Australia with a good job with an experience over 12 years or more and having a great IT background in India, you should be really lucky to get a good break. Also If you are coming with your family and you are the only earning member then you should have a really good financial backup to support you till you get a dream position. Otherwise you may be end up earning same or less what you were earning back in India after taxes and monthly expenses.

Positives you may gain from this life would be a pollution less environment, good infrastructure ,opportunities for your children to take up different career path and studies etc. But negatives ,you are far away from home, your spouse may need to study and start looking for a job in case you want to own your own house and want to send your kids to private schools etc. The list goes further depending on one’s situation ,unless you work in a mining industry . Apart from that you will be missing your parents and relatives and need to have a good financial stability before you fly them here.

So I request if anyone trying to migrate on your mid-thirties and also working in a very good profile back in India, think thrice before you make a final decision. It is you choose your destiny and you can’t blame anyone else.

All the best for everyone.
Old 22nd June 2015, 10:15   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Given a choice between

Start fresh at Australia -

1) no job in hand
2) family to take care of (got 15 years of work experience in india and single earning member of the family)
3) no significant savings (can run for 3-6 months without a regular job)

vs

Getting a reasonably good paying job in India

1) with some definitely good benefits in the long term (4-5 years) insurance, health care, subsidy for school fees, incentives, etc.
2) Could use this opportunity to build savings and career certifications and eventually move abroad with some good savings and career prospects.

What would you chose ?
I am close to making a choice which is similar to yours. I am 31, have a 1 year old daughter and my spouse is working as well. I have around 6 years of Work Ex. ,decent savings in ready cash - which can last atleast 6-7 months abroad and 1 year in India and some assets.
I have been to Australia on work and really liked the place. However as far as moving abroad for a longer term, I'd choose Canada as the integration is far far easier than in Australia.
Job prospects in my work area - Analytics/Consulting/Finance is also decent.

But the point is if you do not take risk, there is never a reward. There are and there will be problems everywhere. But if you keep trying to play it safe, you can only get that far.
So, my suggestion to you would be to probably build up your savings in the next 6 months and give it a go. Be prepared to do the hard yards at the start.
Old 27th June 2015, 00:26   #903
BHPian

I need some advice related to a paperwork quandry.

My brother has applied for a work permit in Canada and needs to prove 'legality of professional experience' ,'proof of social security payments' issued by a 'government authority'

He has submitted his experience certificates and form26 and itrv forms which they refuse to accept.They also refuse to accept a tax certificate by a CA. What 'government' authority can issue such a certificate? Im clueless on how to proceed further.Any guidance would help.

Thanks in advance.

Dr.Singh
Old 27th June 2015, 00:43   #904
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
I need some advice related to a paperwork quandry.

My brother has applied for a work permit in Canada and needs to prove 'legality of professional experience' ,'proof of social security payments' issued by a 'government authority'

He has submitted his experience certificates and form26 and itrv forms which they refuse to accept.They also refuse to accept a tax certificate by a CA. What 'government' authority can issue such a certificate? Im clueless on how to proceed further.Any guidance would help.

Thanks in advance.

Dr.Singh
What profession has your brother stated on his application?
Does he have prior experience of working in Canada?
Old 27th June 2015, 02:29   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

What profession has your brother stated on his application?
Does he have prior experience of working in Canada?
He's just completed his masters in Computer Science. He has worked in India for Dell and Tech Mahindra and wants to leverage that experience.
Old 28th June 2015, 10:05   #906
BHPian

Hello all. I'm an entry level professional looking for some advice. I received an email from a certain consultancy and they offer me a PR visa along with a job approved by the HRSDC in Canada. Should i be suspicious about the offer? What are the things i should look at?
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:15   #907
BANNED

Could somebody suggest a reliable company which could help in migrating to Canada ?
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:39   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Could somebody suggest a reliable company which could help in migrating to Canada ?
I am considering this as well but friends advise - and on initial checking it seems to be so - everything is there on the websites. There is no need to approach and pay money to an agent who is going to do the same thing.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:26   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet.fever View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I am considering this as well but friends advise - and on initial checking it seems to be so - everything is there on the websites. There is no need to approach and pay money to an agent who is going to do the same thing.
No need to take help from any agency, you can do it yourself.

4 Major things:
1. IELTS - (Score of 7 is good)
2. WES needs to certify your educational documents - can check this on their website itself
3. Need to get JD from whereever you've worked (this needs to be in line with what you have studied)
4. Bank Balance - Also mentioned on the website, but rough calculation is INR 10 Lacs for a family of three (8.5 for a couple)
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:34   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
No need to take help from any agency, you can do it yourself.

4 Major things:
1. IELTS - (Score of 7 is good)
2. WES needs to certify your educational documents - can check this on their website itself
3. Need to get JD from whereever you've worked (this needs to be in line with what you have studied)
4. Bank Balance - Also mentioned on the website, but rough calculation is INR 10 Lacs for a family of three (8.5 for a couple)
Yes, the Police Clearance Certificate as well.
Old 5th July 2015, 09:27   #911

Hey BinFord, i didnt knew we had another forum member here in Brisbane apart from Benson. Not sure if you guys have already met, but it would be great to catch up here in Brissie.
Old 5th July 2015, 20:43   #912
BHPian

Hi,
I might have an opportunity for a permanent position in Munich. I am an engineer (ASIC) with 10 years experience.
My wife and 4 year old kid would accompany me. What is the average cost of living for a family of 3 in Munich? Is the place accommodating to immigrants there in terms of language and comfort level?

Thanks!
Old 8th July 2015, 06:02   #913
Team-BHP Support

OFF-TOPIC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.machine View Post
Hey BinFord, i didnt knew we had another forum member here in Brisbane apart from Benson. Not sure if you guys have already met, but it would be great to catch up here in Brissie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinFord View Post
All the best for everyone.
We can surely meet up. We already opened the chapter on TBHP meets in Brissie when phamilyman visited on work, and we met up for lunch.
I have both your numbers, so depending on when you are free, we can plan to meet up.
Old 18th July 2015, 21:29   #914
BHPian

Which city in Canada do you guys recommend for finding IT jobs? I know Toronto has one of the largest IT markets in Canada but somehow not very comfortable living in a crowded city once again.
Old 19th July 2015, 07:07   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaif92 View Post
Hello all. I'm an entry level professional looking for some advice. I received an email from a certain consultancy and they offer me a PR visa along with a job approved by the HRSDC in Canada. Should i be suspicious about the offer? What are the things i should look at?
Hi mdsaif92, You are right to be suspicious. When there are tens of thousands of highly qualified, experienced local residents (be it Canada / Australia / NZ - any of those countries where one can migrate) unemployed & looking for jobs, why they should send an unsolicited email offering a job to to foreigner who (to quote you) is an entry level professional. Quite possibly a scam.

The previous pages provide a wealth of honest (sometimes raw / blunt) advice / information - if you are interested in migration, please do go through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Which city in Canada do you guys recommend for finding IT jobs? I know Toronto has one of the largest IT markets in Canada but somehow not very comfortable living in a crowded city once again.
Hi hellmet, I am presuming you intend to migrate to Canada. Sorry to be blunt, but the fact is that choice of location / employer / industry etc is a luxury not possible for new migrants. The over-riding objective is to get a job asap, wherever that may be, even if it is way below what you are doing in India. Once you have some local experience, then you can always apply to jobs in your preferred location, industry etc.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 19th July 2015 at 08:28. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Please use the Multi-Quote button to reply to more than one post at a time. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks