Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 06:45   #1036
BHPian

re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I wonder if he can save the 2L by doing it himself, it shouldn't be that difficult. I told him he could use the 2L for something else, maybe flights or settling down costs
For IT professionals, the PR process is quite straight forward. He can do it himself. The only care needs to be taken is while choosing correct occupation code. Else he may land up in the problem later on.

We had consulted a consultant in Pune, the approx cost was 1.0 lac (only consulting fee). Rest all visa charges as discussed earlier in this thread. In our case, I must say paying the consultation fee was worth, because they gave some valuable information regarding point scoring.

If he is confident to go direct, ask him to visit and register at expatforum.com, there you can get his doubts cleared on each step.
Old 18th January 2017, 20:06   #1037
BHPian

Request some information as I decided to file a PR by myself for me, wife, kid. I am a Business Analyst/Scrum Master with total 10 years experience having worked in US, Singapore and India. I decided to file for PR on my own (without seeking consultancy help)

1) Is there a reliable website/forum where Aus PR is discussed so that I can get my questions cleared at each step

2) After getting an invite and paying the Visa fee (AU$6300), is there a chance of PR getting rejected? If so, how much do we get in return? I searched but could not get this piece of information

3) How is the job market for Business Analyst in Sydney?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Sagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
For IT professionals, the PR process is quite straight forward. He can do it himself. The only care needs to be taken is while choosing correct occupation code. Else he may land up in the problem later on.

We had consulted a consultant in Pune, the approx cost was 1.0 lac (only consulting fee). Rest all visa charges as discussed earlier in this thread. In our case, I must say paying the consultation fee was worth, because they gave some valuable information regarding point scoring.

If he is confident to go direct, ask him to visit and register at expatforum.com, there you can get his doubts cleared on each step.
Old 19th January 2017, 05:29   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
1) Is there a reliable website/forum where Aus PR is discussed so that I can get my questions cleared at each step
Look at http://www.expatforum.com/expats/aus...ing-australia/
There are some threads written by people who managed the PR on their own which are really informative. I had followed one or two of those threads to get my PR done all by myself in 2015.

Quote:
2) After getting an invite and paying the Visa fee (AU$6300), is there a chance of PR getting rejected? If so, how much do we get in return? I searched but could not get this piece of information
I have no clue. Haven't seen any cases where this has happened.

Quote:
3) How is the job market for Business Analyst in Sydney?
There is always job for the right candidate. It is up to you to present yourselves as the right candidate and leave an impression. Jobs will come looking for you. Saying this from my personal experience.

All the best with the PR application.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 19th January 2017 at 05:38.
Old 19th January 2017, 12:29   #1039
BHPian

Thanks basilmabraham! Really appreciate the quick response. I will start off with the IELTS, university transcripts etc. Thanks once again!
Old 19th January 2017, 14:19   #1040
BHPian

Browsing through this thread from a rich European nation. I usually come here 4-5 times every year due to work commitments. These are all short trips, usually ranging from a week to three max. Every single time, I end up missing my home town and my country a lot. Love India, live India! Now raring to board that plane tomorrow morning!
Old 20th January 2017, 05:07   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks basilmabraham! Really appreciate the quick response. I will start off with the IELTS, university transcripts etc. Thanks once again!
All the best with the prep. Do look at PTE-A as well for English language, it is much simpler and an overall easier process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Browsing through this thread from a rich European nation. I usually come here 4-5 times every year due to work commitments. These are all short trips, usually ranging from a week to three max. Every single time, I end up missing my home town and my country a lot. Love India, live India! Now raring to board that plane tomorrow morning!
I am also originally from Kochi and had a very similar life few years back, travelling around Europe, Americas, Africa and East Asia, all short trips, few months at max. I also missed a lot of things in life due to these travels. It took me few years to realise it was not the home land that I was missing the most, rather it was my people that I was missing.

Changed jobs and took up a long term assignment in a prestigious company in one of the best cities in Europe, tagged my family along, so not missing them any more. It was all good initially, but after a while realised that you are always at a disadvantage when you are at the mercy of your employer for salary, visa and all related matters. That is when the plans started to migrate somewhere where I would be considered equal with the rest of the people. Where I could decide what to do for work with no restrictions on employers.

Looked at possible options, Australia was the best considering the opportunities, English language acceptance and weather. That was almost two years ago, now I have been here almost one year and pretty happy with the move. To each his own. All the best.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 20th January 2017 at 05:19.
Old 23rd January 2017, 08:37   #1042
BHPian

Any reviews about Abhinav consulting group? I had gone to their branch in Hyderabad and they have given me a good deal for Canada PR. I just wanted to check if any of you have had any experience with Abhinav, before I take the plunge.
Old 27th January 2017, 04:22   #1043
BHPian

Writing this post from the U.K.

Been here less than a week, and I already adore this place! People are so nice, facilities are marvelous, and every thing is absolutely amazing. I so want to immigrate to the UK but sadly my VISA is valid just for 3 years :(

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I need to stay here for a minimum of 5 years to be eligible to apply for the PR, yes? I'd give anything to settle down here for life. Nothing could be more perfect.
Old 27th January 2017, 06:34   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I need to stay here for a minimum of 5 years to be eligible to apply for the PR, yes? I'd give anything to settle down here for life. Nothing could be more perfect.
They had a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) very similar to the General Skilled Migrant programme in Australia. I have many classmates who took this to stay back after their Masters. This was in 2002 - 2005 times. There was a huge restructure after that, not sure what the status is now.
Old 27th January 2017, 07:39   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
Writing this post from the U.K.

Been here less than a week, and I already adore this place! People are so nice, facilities are marvelous, and every thing is absolutely amazing. I so want to immigrate to the UK but sadly my VISA is valid just for 3 years :(

Immigration to UK is very difficult now. If you are highly skilled and from an Ivy league instituition, there is way but very difficult otherwise.
Old 27th January 2017, 07:44   #1046
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
My membership got approved few days ago. This is my first post and I am immensely proud to join this great forum.

I started my migration process to Canada last year but the plan did not work out due to my Express Entry points not meeting the cut-off score. Now, awaiting the provincial nominations to open to see if there will be any invitations, but I am not very hopeful.

My consultant is saying that the competition to get invitations is high now as more and more people from US are moving to Canada due to Donald Trump effect. Those who already have US work experience are finding it easy to get jobs in Canada.

Started thinking about other locations now.

Regards,
Kiterunner
Old 27th January 2017, 14:14   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiterunner View Post
Hello Everyone,
My membership got approved few days ago. This is my first post and I am immensely proud to join this great forum.

I started my migration process to Canada last year but the plan did not work out due to my Express Entry points not meeting the cut-off score. Now, awaiting the provincial nominations to open to see if there will be any invitations, but I am not very hopeful.

My consultant is saying that the competition to get invitations is high now as more and more people from US are moving to Canada due to Donald Trump effect. Those who already have US work experience are finding it easy to get jobs in Canada.

Regards,
Kiterunner
How many points have you secured as of now? Some of us may give suggestions or ideas to increase those points so that you have better chance. Right now, the cut off is running around 458 for Canada. What field of work are you into?
Old 27th January 2017, 14:28   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
How many points have you secured as of now? Some of us may give suggestions or ideas to increase those points so that you have better chance. Right now, the cut off is running around 458 for Canada. What field of work are you into?
Thanks for the reply. My score currently is 408. I got a Band 8 in IELTS also. However, not having a "valid" Post Graduation is a disadvantage (Mine being a distant education MBA). I am into digital marketing from the past 7 years.
Old 27th January 2017, 15:00   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My score currently is 408. I got a Band 8 in IELTS also. However, not having a "valid" Post Graduation is a disadvantage (Mine being a distant education MBA). I am into digital marketing from the past 7 years.
1) My score is just above 400. Very few chances, but luck does play its part. However, improving score is difficult. My IETLS is 7.5, but I lost it in writing wherein I scored only 6.5, whereas listening is 9. Nevertheless, try learning French and see if score improves. Else, there is little chance of score going up. My 3-year Bachelor's degree was mentioned as equivalent to 3 year Bachelor degree and 2-year PGDM was mentioned as 4-year Bachelor Degree by WES.

2) Try for Australia if you are from technical field. Australia has better response overall and a firm yes or no is expected atleast initially. My friend is waiting for his final PR approval (189 Visa).

3) For Canada Province, its again not easy. Its true that there is lot of competition and also the fact that some Refugees were given shelter by Canada that has made thing tougher for employment. This is what I came to know. But, always consult 2-3 agents. Relying on only one agent does not exactly help. And agents for Canada are not pretty well known as they are about Australia, atleast that is what I have seen in my city.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 27th January 2017 at 15:02.
Old 27th January 2017, 20:15   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) My score is just above 400. Very few chances, but luck does play its part.
====
And agents for Canada are not pretty well known as they are about Australia, atleast that is what I have seen in my city.
1) Learning French sounds tough, but will explore that option as well. Don't know if there will be an exam or how they will access my proficiency in French Language.

2) Yes, thinking about Australia and PTE

3) Thanks for the tip, Will check with some other consultants also.

Hope things are going per you plan.

Regards
Kiterunner

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks