Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2011, 18:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Ration card in Bangalore

Quote:
This is not applicable to citizens who don't have ration cards but have LPG Connection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Is this rule some sort of a joke? The more I think about the governance of this place the more screwed up I find it.
This is equivalent of saying, "Enter your password". "If you dont have, dont bother"
Old 21st January 2011, 18:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Everything around here is a joke anyway. All the babus are under fire and still busy gathering whatever wealth they can before the jolly days come to an end anytime. I know some of them personally, so can not talk bad about friends .

I had made a ration card for my family through the proper channels (in 2006 by getting a cancellation notice from Kerala and submitting it at the Vyalikaval office here, coupled with a 15 days waiting), but I have no clue how its classified as BPL or APL. Is there any color code for such a thing ? Mine is blue in color and it had a 2 year expiry date too. I never bothered to renew it as the ONLY purpose of it was to get the LPG connection.

Then the next thing was to get electoral card done, but missed the group that came for it twice in the past, also was not desperate. Hope to get it done this time. Not that I believe in electing some thieves to rule us, but as an ID/Address proof for life. But again if UID card becomes issued soon, then I wont require anything else. I heard even my 'chaddy' color will be in government records .
Old 24th January 2011, 13:43   #18
BHPian

Ration card is in the name of my mom who is residing in Bangalore only. But the ration card has expired. How to go about renewing the card?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 24th January 2011, 14:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Another pointless exercise which doesn't serve any purpose other than inconveniencing people.

Slightly OT, but recently my LPG disconnection was put on hold when i ordered a refill, on the grounds that it was not used for some X months, so it may have been used for non-domestic purposes. Can anyone buy that logic? If someone is interested in bending rules, how difficult is it finish the cylinder in a month and go unnoticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Ration card is in the name of my mom who is residing in Bangalore only. But the ration card has expired. How to go about renewing the card?

Thanks,
Ramki
You will have to go to the food and civil supplies office and give an application. I know there is one in Vayyalikaval for Bangalore north residents.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 24th January 2011 at 14:15.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:37   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Slightly OT, but recently my LPG disconnection was put on hold when i ordered a refill, on the grounds that it was not used for some X months, so it may have been used for non-domestic purposes.
How?

I had the similar experience with my Indane connection. I had the same issue. They asked me to give an application explaining why? Since I was traveling that month with family I listed so. I was fine after that.
Old 24th January 2011, 14:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
How?

I had the similar experience with my Indane connection. I had the same issue. They asked me to give an application explaining why? Since I was traveling that month with family I listed so. I was fine after that.
It seems that is one of their policies. Everybody has similar rules (Indane, HP, Bharat etc)
I gave a letter stating that i am single and usage is minimal so it's fine for now. Don't know if it will happen again during next refill.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 24th January 2011 at 14:59.
Old 24th January 2011, 15:28   #22
BHPian

This ration card issue has only recently cropped up. First they say its required, then they say its okay if you dont have it.

Actually its the corrupt babus who are trying to undo something they themselves have done. The Planning Commission says that Karnataka has 1.20 crore BPL families, whereas by its own admission, the Govt of Karnataka says it has issued 1.55 crore ration cards to BPL families. Now where the heck did these additional 35 lac BPL families come from ?

As identity or address proof, there is the passport, driving licence, BSNL landline telephone bill, election id card, Bescom bill and the bank account passbook. What more does one need ?

I think the humble ration card of yester years is fast losing its coveted position !!
Old 24th January 2011, 16:00   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

total waste of time.

the purpose ostensibly is to weed out all fake and ineligible Ration Cards.
the news article clearly says that if you dont have a ration card, then it is not necessary to produce the same when taking delivery and paying for your LPG refill.
Old 24th January 2011, 16:15   #24
BANNED

Forgot to mention I got a refill yesterday - ON A SUNDAY!!! Probably due to the strike they were working on Sunday. Pleasant surprise though. Appreciated him coming on a holiday.

So for now it seems this is another knee jerk reaction by the government.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Slightly OT, but recently my LPG disconnection was put on hold when i ordered a refill, on the grounds that it was not used for some X months, so it may have been used for non-domestic purposes. Can anyone buy that logic? If someone is interested in bending rules, how difficult is it finish the cylinder in a month and go unnoticed?
In my case it was like i called up the agency to book my cylinder, she says that i have already taken it 3 days back. I am shocked and asked her to confirm but she is sure about it. Then i call the guy who delivers the cylinders to me, he says Saar, please dont call the agency to book the gas instead just give a call and i will deliver it in one day.
This concludes that in the background the supply guys are themselves delivering the cylinders which are on our name for some commercial users.
Please advise how to stop this nuisance.
Old 25th January 2011, 11:04   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

there is a lot of malpractice in the cylinder delivery process. clear connivance of officials at the nationalized gas companies, the agencies and the delivery mechanism.
domestic cylinders being used for commercial purposes is quite common indeed. Just visit some small local restaurants/eateries and see for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kites View Post
In my case it was like i called up the agency to book my cylinder, she says that i have already taken it 3 days back. I am shocked and asked her to confirm but she is sure about it. Then i call the guy who delivers the cylinders to me, he says Saar, please dont call the agency to book the gas instead just give a call and i will deliver it in one day.
This concludes that in the background the supply guys are themselves delivering the cylinders which are on our name for some commercial users.
Please advise how to stop this nuisance.
Old 25th January 2011, 11:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Corruption breeds more corruption, until society at large don’t say NO to it firmly this will go on an on…
Selling domestic gas for commercial use is quite an easy way to make money as the distributer can just rotate stocks to keep everyone happy without getting caught ever. I feel that even the large gas companies don’t have enough control on its dealers and distributors.

In short our laws are outdated and lack teeth to prosecute and delivery timely judgment. The sad part is that nobody has the guts to bell this cat.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:35   #28
BHPian

@OP, where are you put up? I recently came to know of someone who can get's it done for 2K in Bangalore East (near RBANMS High School, St. John's Road, Bangalore) when I was making enquiries for someone in my colony. He initially quoted 2.5K to me but came down to 2K when I did not show any interest (I am yet to get back as my friend is pondering over whether 2K is worth it for a ration card).

Even though the govt specifies that a ration card should not be considered as address proof, I was asked for Ration Card both at the passport office and by the police during police verification when I applied for a passport. (The great Bangalore passport office does not accept a karnataka driver's license as a proof of residence btw and they want some kind of proof to absolutely certify that you are resident here. Apparently a ration card gives them this kind of confidence). The only time I noted ration card to be unacceptable as a proof is when I went to open an SBI account (they specifically mentioned that ration card is not acceptable on their application form).

Officials at all the ration offices just want to make money. I don't accept their argument that they cannot issue a new ration card without a deletion certificate. What if one does not have an existing ration card? Is there no process to issue a new one?

When I had applied for my ration card legally in 2007, I did not have a deletion certificate. So I went through the steps to obtain my ration card through their prescribed official process. I had to stand at Mysore Bank in the morning until 9:30 a.m., get 20 Rs stamp paper, go to Mayo Hall, get an affidavit made by paying the advocate Rs 400/-, submit it to ration office, wait for two months for inspection officials to arrive at my house and make fuss about not having deletion certificate(I did not pay them a cent however), go to ration office on a specific day after two months, be told by some idiot of an officer again to submit deletion certificate(looks like he wanted some money) otherwise he cannot give ration card, stand aside in the queue for 10 min and not budge, finally get my application processed and get a damn ration card that needs to be renewed every year. This was in 2007. I then got the card renewed every year for two years after which they have now (thankfully) issued a permanent ration card.

I did not hide any details i.e. I told the inspection officials that I had 1 gas connection taken in 2005. I have an APL card. I just wanted the card as an address proof.

It is shameful...just shameful and sad at how honest tax paying citizens are made to go through this ineffective measure taken by the govt to prevent commercial exploitation of residential gas connections.

Last edited by sydras : 25th January 2011 at 12:42.
Old 25th January 2011, 13:11   #29
Senior - BHPian

I am confused ,is ration card required for retaining GAS connection ? .What is this new rule ? .or electricity bill enough ?
We have the connection from past 20 years .

Passport costs ,legally -1000 rs ,Ration card -illegally -2000 Rs . Wa wa !
Old 25th January 2011, 13:15   #30
BHPian

Just wait for some time.

Nandan Nilekani is going to solve all these problems with the UID project.

Cheers

KD

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks