Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2011, 20:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ration card in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I am an Indane customer and I don't have any prefixed alphabet in my consumer number. It is just the regular 5 digit number.

Did you try entering your Consumer number without the prefixed alphabet?
No, it was already submitted without prefixed alphabet first time around. So today i resubmitted with prefixed alphabet. Let's see what happens. At least now i have an acknowledgement number.
Old 30th July 2011, 20:35   #47
BHPian

^^ I am also an indane customer and my consumer number is a 6 digit number without any alphabet. I had submitted all documents to the agency. But the status is no documents submitted. Ration card address is mandatory? Its in my FIL's name and the ration card address is different from the address in LPG connections address. I have uploaded electricity bill and refill bill online and the status is yet to be processed by the Concerned Officials.It has been one 5 days i uploaded documents

Last edited by devil_klm : 30th July 2011 at 20:36. Reason: Removed HTML tags
Old 31st July 2011, 13:17   #48
BHPian

Update
Checked the status today and it says "The LPG Connection is Continued and Ration Card is Suspended".
Old 31st July 2011, 21:38   #49
BHPian

^ Good that you got your LPG connection back.

A ration card is not necessary. I do not understand why at all you gave your FIL's Ration card address and got it suspended - if it is still active and has not expired.

Anyway I think heavens is not going to come down.

The minister had already said that every citizen by law should have a ration card. Let us see how it is going to be issued to everyone to make us law-abiding citizens.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 31st July 2011 at 21:40.
Old 28th November 2011, 08:59   #50
BHPian

Am not sure whether this info has been shared already but, here is the link to apply for ration card online.(for those especially who need to get a LPG connection).

Govt. of KARNATAKA. Food and Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs

I am not sure what happens to the application once you submit here, but then,I think it is better to be in a queue rather than being left outside :-)
Old 13th October 2012, 19:29   #51
BHPian

Our APL ration card expired on 31 Dec 2006. Since then no new card was issued. For all practical purposes an APL card was useless since APL holders are not eligible to draw any subsidised food items.

When online application facility was made available for new ration cards, we applied for one in Jan 2012 and got the security code in April.

Three days back, there was a notification by Food,Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department that Temporary ration Cards and applications for new ration cards in respect of which photo-biometrics are not furnished by 20 Oct 2012 will be cancelled. So today we went to the nearest Photo Bio Centre and fulfilled that obligation showing the security code received on the mobile. We were under the impression that the card will be issued immediately but we were only given a printed acknowledgement. The family head was asked to go to the Food Zonal Office and register an entry there with the acknowledgement.

Can anyone who has applied online and got the card throw more light on this?

Subsequently I checked online and could get this: http://164.100.80.172/fcslpg1/docs/D...lish%20pdf.pdf. But we are not sure whether he has to carry any documentay proof such as Photo ID and whether the card will be issued then and there.

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 13th October 2012 at 19:32.
Old 13th October 2012, 20:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post

I have applied for a new card and completed biometric scan. Waiting for further information.

Online status shows Your RC application no. XXXXXX dated on 02/01/2012 applied for BANGALORE EAST(IRA) taluk is Completed Biometric & Photography process. Please wait for further process.
Old 13th October 2012, 21:02   #53
BHPian

Thanks for the info.

So you were not asked to go to your Zonal Office immediately after the biometry and you have only been checking the status online.

In a blog dated Mar 2012, I have read that within 45 days after completing the Photo and Biometry, one will receive an SMS whereupon the family head is to go to the Zonal Office. A biometry confirmation (left thumb finger print) will be done and checked with that in the database(uploaded by the franchisee). The card will be issued on payment of Rs.20.

I was wondering why one should go there immediately after the biometry.
Old 13th October 2012, 22:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post

I have applied for a new card and completed biometric scan. Waiting for further information.

Online status shows Your RC application no. XXXXXX dated on 02/01/2012 applied for BANGALORE EAST(IRA) taluk is Completed Biometric & Photography process. Please wait for further process.
Old 14th October 2012, 08:57   #55
BHPian

Why is this repeated?
Old 6th December 2012, 14:13   #56
BHPian

Finally we got the APL+LPG ration card on 30th Nov 2012.

The procedure is that after the photo-biometry process is completed, the concerned range office will send an SMS asking the head of the family to come and collect the card which will be issued after verification of the left thumb impression with that on record.

However, it appears that the babus there just sleep and do not send these messages.

We completed the Photo-Biometry process on 13th Oct.

After waiting for the SMS till 27th Nov., we decided to go to the office personally and check on it.

There was a long queue for enquiry and some 50 people were sitting in front of the computer room. The first question asked is whether we have got the message. We said no and that is why we came here personally. " OK, give us a copy of the acknowledgement. We will check and send you the SMS and you can come on 30th to collect your card." was the reply.

We didn't receive any SMS till 30th Nov and so we went there as assigned earlier. We were again asked for a copy of the acknowledgement - this time there was a different babu - and come on a later date. We told that we have already done it and were asked to come that day. Then he sent the acknowledgement to the computer room.

Within half an hour we were called inside - and simultaneously we got the SMS - and after verification of my father's thumb impression, the card was printed. On payment of the prescribed fee of Rs.20, it was laminated and given to us.

One big and long drawn process is over.

(Hi vivek.ks, if you are waiting for the message calling upon you to come and collect your card, you will be waiting for eternity. )

Last edited by Ponmayilal : 6th December 2012 at 14:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks