Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2014, 03:18   #61
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Surprisingly Manna Dey even sang for Shammi Kapoor! There is a movie Ujala which had some very nice compositions. This particular one kid song "Suraj Zara. A Paas Aa" was very nice. A non-mainstream movie which I like for its music is Halaku (Aaja ke intezaar me).

Shifting away from Shankar Jaikishan camp, another movie which made deep impact for its music was Chitralekha (Sahir/Roshan). Esp the song "Sansar se bhaagte firte ho".
Actually, all songs from Ujala are fantastic and must listen.
My favorite is ' Jhumta mausam mast mahina... ', and also 'Chham chham, o suno chham chham...)

Sansar se bhage firte ho.... I like this one for its lyrics.
I believe any discussion on Roshan is incomplete without a mention of Na to kaarvaan ke taalaash hein.... What a quavvali, what a group of singers, what rhythm (Ishq ishq hey, ishq ishq hey), what a start by Manna Day and what a finish by Mohammed Rafi... Respect to all of them

Quote:
!!

PS: Halaku was a movie on Changez Khan with Pran playing the lead role! However I always remember it for music by Shankar-Jaikishan.
Remember Mohabat jinda raheti hey... From Changez khan?
I like it for flawless rendition and powerful voice of Mohammad Rafi.

Regards
JLS

Last edited by JLS : 12th December 2014 at 03:19.
Old 12th December 2014, 09:21   #62
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1950's, 60's and 70's Hindi songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
like it for flawless rendition and powerful voice of Mohammad Rafi.
+1 ! A couple of more Rafi performance from a lesser known stable. But the power to these songs came from lyrics by Neeraj. Still concerned by many to be his one of the greatest.

- Nai Umar to Nai Fasal : Karwan Guzar Gaya
- Cha Cha Cha : Subaah Na Aayai
Old 14th December 2014, 01:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
+1 ! A couple of more Rafi performance from a lesser known stable. But the power to these songs came from lyrics by Neeraj. Still concerned by many to be his one of the greatest.

- Nai Umar to Nai Fasal : Karwan Guzar Gaya
- Cha Cha Cha : Subaah Na Aayai
Ampere. Hi
Karwan guzar gaya. A great song. Love it.
When you mentioned Halaku( didnt see the movie) I typed that the title role was played by Pran but when I clicked on your link and saw Premnath singing I thought I was mistaken and deleted the reply.

JLS : Na toh karvaan ki talaash hai. AFAIR Shankar Shambhu. Voted as the best qawaali of Bollywood.
Song from Jagriti "AAo bachon tumhe dikhayen jhanki Hindusthan ki is mitti se tilak karo yeh dharti hai balidan ki.. voted as the most patriotic. If you are a fan of the railways,specially the staem era, you will doubly enjoy it.
Regards
PS: Ampere JLS Honeybee etc. An idea of another thread. Nineties and oughties MTV/ V TV hindi and english pop songs and remixes . One of you pl start. My first picks would be GNR November Rain( it was raining here in Bombay yesterday), Madonna's Frozen and Freddies "we will rock you. In hindi it would be Euphoria Mai re/ Yagnik's "saare sapnein kahin kho gaye/N.Bali's "na jaane kahaan kho gaya"

Last edited by faustus77 : 14th December 2014 at 01:28.
Old 14th December 2014, 01:20   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Ampere. Hi
Karwan guzar gaya. A great song. Love it.
When you mentioned Halaku( didnt see the movie) I typed that the title role was played by Pran but when I clicked on your link and saw Premnath singing I thought I was mistaken and deleted the reply.

I remember the hero was Ajit. The two big villains pitted against each other! The music was awesome.
Old 14th December 2014, 01:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Ampere JLS Honeybee etc. An idea of another thread. Nineties and oughties MTV/ V TV hindi and english pop songs and remixes . One of you pl start.
I am hopeless when it comes to English songs. In fact barring a couple of nursery rhymes, the only English song I 'understand' is the sweet and sexy My Heart Is Beating... from Julie, sung I think by Preeti Sagar. What a voice!

Talking of Premnath, I once had the occasion to listen to a Hemant da song, Aa Ja Mere Pyar Aa Ja. I was sure it was Hemant Kumar's voice, but I couldn't believe he would have ever sung with such a 'modern' music. Then I viewed it on Youtube and found it had been picturized on Premnath. These were the fading days of them both. And then I remembered another beautiful Hemant da song on a young Premnath in Aab E Hayat, Main Gareebon Ka Dil...

Somehow I always make this connection between these two songs whenever I hear one of them.

Kaarwan gujar gaya
Gubaar dekhte rahe
Mar gaya mareej
Hum bukhar dekhte rahe

From Movers and Shakers!

Last edited by honeybee : 14th December 2014 at 01:51.
Old 14th December 2014, 18:45   #66
Team-BHP Support

There are quite many movies which have music as the base. With regards to Amitabh many know about Abhiman with music by SD Burman. But many may not know about another movie called Alaap. Has some amazing music and lyrics. (Jaidev's music). Here is one by Yesudas.

The end song of the movie is another classic. "Mata Saraswati..Sharada.."
Old 14th December 2014, 23:18   #67
Senior - BHPian

I think another Yesudas song from the same movie is Koi Gata, Main So Jata

Talking of Amitabh, one of the best known movies is of course Amar Akbar Anthony. This movie has a song sung by the top three male singers and the top one female singer, viz. Kishore Kumar for Amitabh, Mohd. Rafi for Rishi Kapoor and Mukesh for Vinod Khanna, and Lata Mangeshkar for all the female leads. Is this the only bollywood song in which Kishore, Rafi and Mukesh have sung together?

Last edited by honeybee : 14th December 2014 at 23:20.
Old 14th December 2014, 23:29   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I think another Yesudas song from the same movie is Koi Gata, Main So Jada
I referred to the same song as well. The video in the post refers to the same song. Quite an awesome movie to watch too.
Old 14th December 2014, 23:53   #69
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
I think another Yesudas song from the same movie is Koi Gata, Main So Jata

Talking of Amitabh, one of the best known movies is of course Amar Akbar Anthony. This movie has a song sung by the top three male singers and the top one female singer, viz. Kishore Kumar for Amitabh, Mohd. Rafi for Rishi Kapoor and Mukesh for Vinod Khanna, and Lata Mangeshkar for all the female leads. Is this the only bollywood song in which Kishore, Rafi and Mukesh have sung together?
I think there are two such songs in this movie:
One is 'Dekh ke thuko ye dil dola hei..."

Other one is the title song, it has Kishore kumar, Mahendra kapoor and Shailendra singh!

My favorite is Dekh ke tumko...

@faustus77
Na toh karvan ki talash is from Barsat Ki Raat, here you go...

Relish and enjoy...

Regards,
JLS

Last edited by JLS : 15th December 2014 at 00:05.
Old 15th December 2014, 00:16   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
I think there are two such songs in this movie:
One is 'Dekh ke thuko ye dil dola hei..."
Talking of Amitabh's era of music, few particulars ones come to mind.

- Firstly : Kishore ruling the roost.
- Rishi Kapoor's swashbuckling musicals from Nasir Husain stable
- And the most important: That had to be the RD era..!

Few songs which immediately come to mind:
- Jeewan ke Din Chote Sahi from Bade Dil Wala
- All songs from Hum Kisi se Kum Nahi (esp the Rafi ones .. for a change)
- Ek Rasta hai Zindagi from Kala Pathar

The one Amitabh movie with awesome songs was Satte pe Satta. Again RD magic and with each song so full of life
Old 15th December 2014, 00:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I am hopeless when it comes to English songs. In fact barring a couple of nursery rhymes, the only English song I 'understand' is the sweet and sexy My Heart Is Beating... from Julie, sung I think by Preeti Sagar. What a voice!
Honeybee
Hi
Here is Mukesh singing for Premnath.

Then start the thread with Hindi pop songs
1)Haider Ali's Purani jeans aur guitar
2)Sajjad Ali's Sohni lagdi Amazing. No doubt a bit gory.

3)Lucky Ali's(Son of actor Mehmood) Oh Sanam
4) Strings "Dhaani"
5) Nitin Bali's Neele neele amber par
6)Shamsa Kanwal remix "Chaandni raatein" Original Noorjahan.

Enjoy. Regards
PS: Honeybee.It is P.Sagar daughter of character actor Moti Sagar
Ampere. AFAIR another music based was Dev( a music teacher)/Tina starrer "inspired" by My Fair Lady. Dont recall the name

Last edited by ampere : 7th June 2015 at 23:05. Reason: Fixed quote error in the post
Old 15th December 2014, 07:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ampere. AFAIR another music based was Dev( a music teacher)/Tina starrer "inspired" by My Fair Lady. Dont recall the name
Manpasand.

The last song in the movie Main Akela Apni Dhun Mein Magan by Kishore salvages the otherwise typically bollywood style performance. I would watch the My Fair Lady and then listen to this song to re-experience the same drama. That's the power of music!
Old 15th December 2014, 23:36   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Manpasand.

The last song in the movie Main Akela Apni Dhun Mein Magan by Kishore salvages the otherwise typically bollywood style performance. I would watch the My Fair Lady and then listen to this song to re-experience the same drama. That's the power of music!
Honeybee Hi
I have seen (in bits and pieces) My Fair Lady more than 20 times. Amazing acting by Rex Harrison and A. Hepburn
3 picks from my Mukesh favourites
A) Main to deewana deewana from Milan

B)
C)) Mujhe tumse kucchh na chahiye from Kanhaiya.
Specially love the line" tumhe apna kehne ki chaah mein na ho sake kissi ke hum bas yehi dard jigar mein hai mujhe maar daalega yeh gham.

Enjoy. Regards

Last edited by faustus77 : 15th December 2014 at 23:44.
Old 16th December 2014, 00:11   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Specially love the line" tumhe apna kehne ki chaah mein na ho sake kissi ke hum bas yehi dard jigar mein hai mujhe maar daalega yeh gham.
That same movie has one more song: Yaad Aayee Aadhi raat ko. A true classic.(Of course we also have the ever green : Ruk Jaa O Jaane wali).
Another of lesser known Raj Kapoor movies, which had beautiful songs was "Ek Dill Sau Afsaane". One of the best lyrics for the song: Kuch Sher Sunata hu main.

And I love the rhythm of the song: Tum Hi Tum Ho Mere Jeevan me. Again a classic from Shankar Jaikishan/Shailendra/Hasrat Jaipuri camp.
Old 16th December 2014, 09:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

I have to listen to these today - it has been a long time.

Koi Saagar Dil ko - Rafi with his wonderful voice.
In fact, some of Rafi's earlier songs like "Suhaani Raat Dhal Chuki", "Chaudvi ka chaand", etc were very melodious and his voice was sheer magic. I lost him when he started singing for Shammi Kapoor. Even there, I must admit he has some wonderful songs. Some songs that he sang for Dev Anand were great too. What a fabulous singer he was!

Thanks for reminding me of the song, "Na to kaarvan ki talaash hai". Beautiful song that one is. Got to listen to it today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks