Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 16:56   #1
BHPian

Narayana Murthy resigns from Chairmanship of BIAL

The suckers in power are at it again. As a bangalorean I am infuriated. This is not the way to treat a honest man, who spent time and energy for everyone's cause.

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanhe...9920051020.asp
Old 20th October 2005, 22:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Not a great fan of Narayana Murthy, personally. BIAL hasn't achieved too much either...

BUT, still, goes to show how we are so disillusioned with the government...and he is making a valid point...this press fiasco is horrid.
Old 21st October 2005, 05:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Why do we have to refer to these super corrupt politicians as "honourable" so & so. Many people tell me it's the British legacy. I disagree. Even the British don't refer to their ministers/Prime ministers as honourable or sir anymore. Another thing that makes me angry is when I see some dimwit minister going to a conference with 45 chamcha's behind him, some of them carrying his briefcase. Can't these idiots carry their own briefcase which probably weights a few kilos at the most? Another pet peeve is to see some mantri travelling by road with a ambulance part of his motorcade. If the guy is so old or sick why doesn't he stay at home or in the hospital? We spoil our politicans big time and in return they do nothing but sc*** our lives. Wish someone went into the parliament and shot all these criminals like Amitabh did in Inqualab. Sometimes I wish those terrorists who attacked the parliament had got in and blasted all these idiots.
Old 21st October 2005, 10:45   #4
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Sometimes I wish those terrorists who attacked the parliament had got in and blasted all these idiots.
Hahaha.. Thats the same thought I got just after that incident took place.
Old 21st October 2005, 11:30   #5

The ex PM was well known for dozing off during a session in the Parliament... I rest my case on the sanctity of his comment.

Amit - you do have a lot of anger against a lot of things here, don't you? Not that I'm fanatically patriotic or anything.. just an observation.

Not a great fan of Narayana Murthy, personally. BIAL hasn't achieved too much either

True..

If the politicians, systems and mindsets here are bad, then a lot of us are partly responsible for it (My opinion entirely... do mean to antagonise those who think otherwise)
Old 21st October 2005, 11:41   #6
cnu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexic_Typist
Not a great fan of Narayana Murthy, personally. BIAL hasn't achieved too much either
I don't think Murthy can be held responsible for BIAL not achieving much. If at all you have to blame some one then it has to be the dumb Karnataka politicians who do not realize the impact of delaying such projects and do not want to speed up the work on improving the infrastructure. More than half of their time goes for internal quarrels and finding ways to keep their chairs. Pity.
Old 21st October 2005, 13:36   #7
BHPian

Time to change your view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Not a great fan of Narayana Murthy, personally. BIAL hasn't achieved too much either...

BUT, still, goes to show how we are so disillusioned with the government...and he is making a valid point...this press fiasco is horrid.
NRN Murthy is not a person who advertise his works. He is silent achiever. If you dig the past,when the project started and whats the state now, well you can understand.

Some interesting facts about NRN
1. Missed the IIT-Madras studies just because his parent could not fund him.
2. Still lives same old apartment and drives the same old car (I guess its Uno.).
3. Didn't accept the additional shares given to him and owns around 1% of infosys share. Premji own 78% of Wipro shares.

Regards,
Prasanna
Old 21st October 2005, 13:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
2. Still lives same old apartment and drives the same old car (I guess its Uno.)
Last car was an Astra but he might have changed it.
Old 21st October 2005, 14:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
owns around 1% of infosys share. Premji own 78% of Wipro shares.
Both the guys have achieved a lot. So lets not pull down premji here. Just because NRN lives like a saint... cant expect every to follow. Me for some reason not a fan of either of these guys. But irrespective of that and this percentage holding, they have done wonders to indian IT sector, to indian corporate, to share holders, bangalore and its real estate(this is not such a positive thing though... cant blame them either...), etc etc.
Lets leave them alone... guess the punching bag here has to be devagowda and to some extent dharam singh.
Any one saw the NRN on hard talk last night???

Last edited by gkrishn : 21st October 2005 at 14:49.
Old 21st October 2005, 14:58   #10
Team-BHP Support

You got to remember that Wipro and Infy got land cheap and hence helps in their profits - they do owe it to the government. Devagowda is correct in saying that free/ subsidised land should not be gven to them.

However, NRN has done a lot for Karantaka and India, let us not ignore that. The cost of Devagowda blinkered stupidity and government inertia is beging borne by my car's suspension and myself. Time for a no confidence motion and re-elect someone more decisive - better still presidents rule. I doubt JD-S will win much
Old 21st October 2005, 15:01   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Any one saw the NRN on hard talk last night???
Yes he had some pretty tough questions to answer and he handled it well.
The BBC guy kept interrupting his answers. Questions were like what has infy done to the rural poor etc. What nonsense!!...it is a private company for god's sake and in business for profit.
Old 21st October 2005, 15:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wot cracked me up totally was when today morning i read in the papers that Deve Gowda thinks SM Krishna has a hand in NRN's resignation!!
Old 21st October 2005, 17:02   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
they do owe it to the government
I guess not so.
Cheap capital is always attractive and provide required torque, traction (wipros and Infys) for these guys... But once that is given, look at the kind of +ive side effect they create. Huge employement... and the effect of that is reflected in each and every part of bangalore. So i guess apart from making themselves rich... they have done enough to the socitey... infact more than what the govmt and socitey can ask for.
Infact that post from which NRN resigned from... he has got nothing to do with it. Its out of his passion or somthing like that he was doing it.
Old 21st October 2005, 18:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan
Yes he had some pretty tough questions to answer and he handled it well.
The BBC guy kept interrupting his answers. Questions were like what has infy done to the rural poor etc. What nonsense!!...it is a private company for god's sake and in business for profit.
Its a valid question Conan.. all companies have a CSR.
Old 21st October 2005, 19:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
You got to remember that Wipro and Infy got land cheap and hence helps in their profits - they do owe it to the government. Devagowda is correct in saying that free/ subsidised land should not be gven to them.
Heard that it was one of the primary reasons Infy will expand heavily @chennai .. the TN government is giving them cheap land plus a 15 yr tax holiday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks