Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 21:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

Unhappy after 2nd service

Just got my Baleno back from 2nd free service yesterday. I was definitely expecting smoother engine and that new from service feel. Instead, the car has become sluggish, less torque/responsive than before. In fact, I had noticed that one of the tyre has low pressure yesterday morning. Since I was in a hurry, and the service station was short drive, I figured I'll let the service take care of it. Today morning I noticed that they hadn't bothered with filling the air, did it myself today. The crazy thing is their service sheet mentions checking the tyres/air, etc.

I am going on a long drive (450Kms) next week, I am not sure what to do now. Should I take it back and ask them to do it all over again saying I'll pay for it this time?
Old 20th October 2005, 21:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why pay, I mean you can talk to the service advisior who was appointed for the service of your car and cross check by questioning him. I mean, Personally I would have done that.
Old 20th October 2005, 22:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Should I take it back and ask them to do it all over again saying I'll pay for it this time?
NO!!!

Make sure they do it without charging you anything...and this includes labour.

Sagar made the mistake of cross-rotating my directional tyres...my service advisor stayed back to get it redone properly...
Old 20th October 2005, 23:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
NO!!!

Make sure they do it without charging you anything...and this includes labour.
Well, that was the sarcastic statement I am planning to make... Not that I'll pay.
Old 20th October 2005, 23:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Just write down on a piece of paper things which you asked to do and which did not get done. Hand it over to service advisor and ask him to ensure this is done and tell him that you dont want to visit the service center with same problem one more time. Also ask him if he can manage this time or you are required to make few more trips to service center.
Old 20th October 2005, 23:26   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Just write down on a piece of paper things which you asked to do and which did not get done.
Actually I didn't ask them to do anything because I didn't have any problems. I just gave it for 2nd service since it was due, that's all. Now it has come back sluggish. What makes me mad is that they didn't even check the air or top it up although they claim it. If they missed doing something that obvious/visible, I wonder what all they didn't do while claiming it.
Old 20th October 2005, 23:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
What makes me mad is that they didn't even check the air or top it up although they claim it. If they missed doing something that obvious/visible, I wonder what all they didn't do while claiming it.
Awww! That sucks. Anyway, are you sure that the car is indeed sluggish and it's not just your perception? Sometimes, we tend to become very very sensitive after servicing and start imagining things :-)

On side note, you can use this air excuse as opportunity to blast off the service advisor or whoever is responsible.

Last edited by RX135 : 20th October 2005 at 23:34.
Old 21st October 2005, 00:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

My honest opinion about service centres is that they're just a piece of land run by the dealers to make gains which they can't at the time of sale.

I've had so terrible experiences where i send my ikon for service and it comes out without washing the undercarriage or the engine bay. They even broke the driverside mirror and claim it wasnt their fault. I would have commited a couple of murders for what they'd done.

After all these incidents, i've found a Genuine Ford factory mech who comes does the regular service(replace engine oil,oil filter,air filterand fuel filter,other checks, etc..) right at my office garage in front of my eyes and does the water service at the nearest water wash. This gives me total satisfaction.

But still, i have other "sensible" friends who have different opinions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks