Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: English Plagiarization of Indian Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
The Hindi movie is a masala non-sense.
Basically desi movie makers tried to 'desify' fight club. But Indians like the original. So there is a disconnect between what desi movie makers think what desi movie buffs expect.
Quote:
The story is not about the setting up of fighting clubs for youth to vent out frustration. Its much deeper than that.
The English fight club brought exactly this aspect.
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:28   #32
BHPian

I think Chashme Buddoor(1981) by Sai Paranjpey inspired a british movie, with the same plot of 3 buds trying to woo the same girl. Just cant remember the name.
All similarities or common original sources aside, I guess plagiarization as is of Indian movies is very very rare. Mostly the movies have a common source or its just a far fetched similarity, like Vietnam Colony and Avatar mentioned in the first page.
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

I was watching "Out of Time" yesterday on some cable channel and I realized that the Emraan Hashmi movie "Zeher" is a rip-off of Out of time.
Old 23rd October 2013, 04:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I was watching "Out of Time" yesterday on some cable channel and I realized that the Emraan Hashmi movie "Zeher" is a rip-off of Out of time.
Dude this thread is English Plagiarization of Indian Movies. Hindi Plagiarization of English is like stating the obvious
Old 5th December 2013, 11:06   #35
BHPian

Saw the movie A Common Man starring Ben Kingsley and Ben Cross. The film is an official remake of A Wednesday! It is directed by the Sri Lankan film maker Chandran Rutnam who has worked with greats like George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. The movie is a worthwhile watch.

Note to Mods: I would not call making of "A Common Man" as plagiarization since it is an official remake of "A Wednesday!" Please move this post to the English Movies thread if it is not appropriate on this thread.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 5th December 2013 at 11:16.
Old 5th January 2014, 09:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Dude this thread is English Plagiarization of Indian Movies. Hindi Plagiarization of English is like stating the obvious
BTW, just curious if there is any instance where we thought some Hollywood movie was copied from an Indian movie but realized later that the 'original' Indian movie was also a copy of some other movie in a not-so-global language.

Considering how prevalent the plagiarization is in Indian movies, the fact that the so called original Indian movie is actually original should also be verified. If the movie was based on some Indian novel, there is a high chance that it is original, else I've my own doubts.
Old 25th September 2014, 15:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

I recently watched Last Legas (2013). Though I wouldn't recommend that movie to anybody, the story-line is similar to Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
Old 23rd November 2014, 17:52   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
I recently watched Last Legas (2013). Though I wouldn't recommend that movie to anybody, the story-line is similar to Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
The theme may be similar but the story line is certainly NOT.
Old 23rd November 2014, 19:45   #39
BHPian

The Telugu movie "Aahwanam" has been remade in Hollywood as "Divorce Invitation" by the same director - S V Krishna Reddy with a completely non-Indian star cast. The movie is on Netflix streaming. Catch it when you can. It is not a total disaster

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks