Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2005, 12:05   #136
Team-BHP Support

Damn! All his reviews are back. Looks like MouthShut doesn't care about stolen goods, they like to keep their mouth shut about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Now If he was connecting from office with static IP, it would be a different story.
Not really. Most offices provide Internet access via proxy servers. In that case, the IP that gets registered is the proxy server IP. By banning that IP, you will ban everybody from that office.
Old 8th November 2005, 12:28   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
All his reviews are back

Is that they want to keep up some quality posts on their site never minding what way it has come.

Just want to check out whether all our senior members are writing review for only Team-Bhp or with other sites too
Old 8th November 2005, 12:42   #138
Senior - BHPian

Wait! Things get worse!

PUlsarian's review of the RD350 on MouthShut is lifted from BS Motoring...

Pulsarian's review on 4th May this year:

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Rajd...0-73861-1.html

BSM's write-up when they launched the RDclub:

http://www.bsmotoring.com/bsmrd350club/laurel.htm

Somebody tell Bijoy and Co...
Old 8th November 2005, 12:50   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Check out mouthshut homepage now... a section says the Ultimate City Car was stolen by Pulsarian
I also see a Yamaha RD350 review by Pulsarian, low ranked by you... Great effort on letting the readers there be aware....
Old 8th November 2005, 12:56   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
I also see a Yamaha RD350 review by Pulsarian, low ranked by you... Great effort on letting the readers there be aware....

Is there a remark column for marking the review low? If just a plain ranking of what we feel about the review, Iam sure it will be not taken by the visitors as I guess the review would be good
Old 8th November 2005, 13:04   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeroid
Somebody tell Bijoy and Co...
i think you have already done that, haven't you...

even i visited mouthshut recently, under my friend's i.d, and found out that "his" (pulsarian's) reviews are back up again....it seems as though mouthshut isn't interested in privacy or piracy policies...anything goes, as far as nothing affects them....

i'm using this for the first time ever..."WTF..??"...!!!

Last edited by veyron1 : 8th November 2005 at 13:11.
Old 8th November 2005, 13:32   #142
Senior - BHPian

cracking Pulsarian

Here's a method for cracking Pulsarian:

- find out a review "written" by Pulsarian
- look for distictive phrases in the review; e.g. in his RD350 review you can see a term "six-speed close-ratio gearbox".
- Now perform a google search using that term. "six-speed close-ratio gearbox"- within QUOTES, of course.
- you will get 600+ results. So give "rd350" also. That is: "six-speed close-ratio gearbox" rd350
- you will see only three results. One is from BSM, the other is "penned by" this dimwit, and a third one - another copy/paste job by a "wildjat", whic appears on his personal site in Geocities.

yoohoo Pu!@#ian, please copy/paste this post ASAP......
Old 8th November 2005, 13:39   #143
Senior - BHPian

http://www.mouthshut.com/user/pulsarian.html

User Pulsarian has been disabled on MouthShut. However they continue to gleefully carry all his reviews.

I spoke to a Farooqui in Dubai who happens to be one of their investors (MouthShut). I have told him about the issue, but he insists (rightfully) that he doesnt interfere in the operations and that we are free to proceed legally if required. For what it is worth, he has promised to speak to the guys in Mumbai about this issue.
Old 8th November 2005, 13:39   #144
Senior - BHPian

Looks like his account at Mouthshut has been disabled ...
His name is also mentioned here .. if that is his real name ..

http://www.mouthshut.com/user/pulsarian.html
Old 8th November 2005, 13:59   #145
BHPian

for all thats happened is that this teenager has got more -ve publicity than a newly launched vehicle.

best is to let the dust settle down and continue.

if something constructive cannot be done about it then all this is plain abstract.

i think its time the thread was stopped going further.
Old 8th November 2005, 14:17   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
if something constructive cannot be done about it then all this is plain abstract.
Why is it Abstract??? Its REAL. Revvmaster's emotional review of his Zen (My First Love) has been copied by this joker on MouthShut - for people who LOVE cars and LIVE cars thats sacrilege of the highest order. Brushing it under the carpet wont help matters, dude.

If I found someone pass off my Dicor review as his own, I'd be pretty pissed off if you told me to can my anger.
Old 9th November 2005, 01:46   #147
Senior - BHPian

i have a solution for protecting(not 100%) all reviews on T-BHP.

There are softwares available to convert .txt and .DOC into images.now what we can do is as soon as someone posts a review,the moderator will copy the text and create a word document with it.

Now using the text to image converter this document will be converted to Image format.

Then stamp this image ith multiple Team-bhp and Owner Name(writer) watermarks using Coreldraw or photoshop or any other good image editor.

Now the moderator can delete the original text in the post and replace it with the image that is created as mentioned previously.

now since not all of them have fast connection the moderators can use a software called a ACDSee to save the image at 70% of its quality or they can use the inbuilt function of the convertor to save the image at 70% quality.this will reduce its size.then they can convert it to B/W or monocrome to futher reduce the size and post the whole image as the review.is there is no option post it as thumbernail.

Only problem is that the Mods will have to work overtime and will require to get hold of the software(it costs 20$).but since the reviews are not many(1-2 in a week at max).this method should be ok.other way is all those posting reviews can do it in this format.but it will be difficult for so many of them to get hold of the software.this is not a fool proof method since people can still sit and copy the review word by word,but i dont think lazy dumb people like pulsur@#% will bother to write so much.something is better than nothing.

as an extra precauton mods can also block the reviews page to people with 25 posts or higher or say block it for newbies(i kow not many newbies are not going to like it).what this will ensure is that when people are banned they will still require some time to get access back to the reviews page if they create a new ID.and people like the pulsur@#%^ will not bother.

below i am posting an example of how it should be done and link to the software.

above text converted to image:

software link:

http://www.processtext.com/abctext.html

Last edited by merve_extreme : 9th November 2005 at 02:04.
Old 9th November 2005, 07:04   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
Now the moderator can delete the original text in the post and replace it with the image that is created as mentioned previously.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Quote:
Only problem is that the Mods will have to work overtime and will require to get hold of the software(it costs 20$).but since the reviews are not many(1-2 in a week at max).this method should be ok.
Tell me about it! IT’S A LENGTHY PROCESS. BUT, there are easier ways to reproduce any document. Even it’s an image.
One just needs to take the image (as image) in new ACROBAT. New version will scan the image and convert it to a word document. All the watermarks can be deleted in the process.

merve_extreme, no matter what we do, there are characters in this world live to scavenge.
Old 9th November 2005, 09:26   #149
Senior - BHPian

are u talking about Acrobat 7.if u are talking about OCR in acro the it needs much clear and higher resolution image.it is same for many OCR softwares.the image clarity must be optimum,else OCR errors are huge.so if we dirty the image a little OCR will not perform.

see what error i got in Acro text conversion for this image.

lets see if i can get around that problem.i:e image to text conversion.But the bigger point is will lazy people like the tratior on T-bhp do so much hardwork to get a review,if they were hardworking they would never have stolen something.they know only cut and paste.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 9th November 2005 at 09:38.
Old 9th November 2005, 09:38   #150
Team-BHP Support

20$. There are many such softwares available for free also. Use openoffice(Open source office, openoffice.org to write out pdf from doc file, open the pdf in free image editing program like gimp and then save as jpg. Example attached
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks