Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 19:33   #1
BHPian

LOST finale (not for fans who havent watched it yet) SPOILER alert!

Anyone, happened to watch the LOST finale and your thoughts on the same?

I felt overwhelmed while watching it almost into tears thinking back to all the 6 seasons. Lots of interpretations can be had mostly mythological and the scientific interpretations mostly left out.

But after done watching it almost felt a void and also a sense of disappointment about most of the open ended threads left as it is.

Anyway, it was the best experience among the TV shows I had watched ever!

Please provide your thoughts if any of you have watched it.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Watched it, lovely ending The writers have answered more questions than you might know, so ask here and I'll be happy to clear them out. The final scene with Vincent and Jack was beautiful. The only regret is that I can never watch the 6 seasons again without remembering the outcome. The 6 year journey was worth it though, have been watching since the third/fourth episode of the first season.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Watched it, lovely ending The writers have answered more questions than you might know, so ask here and I'll be happy to clear them out. The final scene with Vincent and Jack was beautiful. The only regret is that I can never watch the 6 seasons again without remembering the outcome. The 6 year journey was worth it though, have been watching since the third/fourth episode of the first season.
So many to ask. In fact we can come up with as many of our interpretations of most of those, thats the point isnt it?

Most of the scientific aspects were left unanswered in my opinion, like the time shifting, pregnant women deaths, whats with the electro-magnetism and so on.

Even some mythological aspects had been left unanswered, such as, the statue of tawaret/origin of it, island being underwater, etc.

In my opinion most of the people triangles were solved with some answers ignoring Eko, Walt, etc.,
Old 26th May 2010, 13:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkris View Post
So many to ask. In fact we can come up with as many of our interpretations of most of those, thats the point isnt it?

Most of the scientific aspects were left unanswered in my opinion, like the time shifting, pregnant women deaths, whats with the electro-magnetism and so on.

Even some mythological aspects had been left unanswered, such as, the statue of tawaret/origin of it, island being underwater, etc.

In my opinion most of the people triangles were solved with some answers ignoring Eko, Walt, etc.,
Pregnant women deaths due to the incident in 1977. If you might remember, someone did deliver a baby when the LOSTies where in the Dharma initiative. The incident released radiation on the island. What about electromagnetism? Statue of Tawaret built by Egyptians who were on the island like the LOSTies. Another time, another story. Same like Ajira 316 or the Dharma initiative who built the barracks and the stations. We only know about the barracks and the stations because the timeline was covered during the show. The Egyptian era was probably too long ago to be really relevant. Island being underwater? That was only in the purgatory timeline and suggests that the island wasn't important anymore. Or because it had been so long since Jack and co. died while Hurley and Ben stayed and looked after it. For all we know, those two might have been on the island for hundreds of years before dying and by the time they reached purgatory, the island had sunk.

Walt was ignored because he had grown too much in real life. They did answer how he was special though. If you remember, during the 5th season when Locke visited him off the island, he said that he knew Locke was coming to meet him because he had seen him in his dreams. The time in the show had progressed by about 3 years, while the real time taken for the show was around 6. And he was a kid, so by now he probably looks way too old for his character. Actor playing Eko asked the producers to be taken off the show after the death of his parents. You cannot tell a story if the protagonist is not on the show anymore. He was to be on the show for 3-4 seasons.

It wasn't scientifically watertight, but you'd be surprised at how much you've missed by way of explanations

Last edited by pranavt : 26th May 2010 at 13:25.
Old 26th May 2010, 13:32   #5
BHPian

where can I download all seasons of lost, and also Prison break
Old 26th May 2010, 14:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Pregnant women deaths due to the incident in 1977. If you might remember, someone did deliver a baby when the LOSTies where in the Dharma initiative. The incident released radiation on the island. What about electromagnetism? Statue of Tawaret built by Egyptians who were on the island like the LOSTies. Another time, another story. Same like Ajira 316 or the Dharma initiative who built the barracks and the stations. We only know about the barracks and the stations because the timeline was covered during the show. The Egyptian era was probably too long ago to be really relevant. Island being underwater? That was only in the purgatory timeline and suggests that the island wasn't important anymore. Or because it had been so long since Jack and co. died while Hurley and Ben stayed and looked after it. For all we know, those two might have been on the island for hundreds of years before dying and by the time they reached purgatory, the island had sunk.

Walt was ignored because he had grown too much in real life. They did answer how he was special though. If you remember, during the 5th season when Locke visited him off the island, he said that he knew Locke was coming to meet him because he had seen him in his dreams. The time in the show had progressed by about 3 years, while the real time taken for the show was around 6. And he was a kid, so by now he probably looks way too old for his character. Actor playing Eko asked the producers to be taken off the show after the death of his parents. You cannot tell a story if the protagonist is not on the show anymore. He was to be on the show for 3-4 seasons.

It wasn't scientifically watertight, but you'd be surprised at how much you've missed by way of explanations
I do know these from most discussions around net and the very informative lostpedia., darkufo., hurley's blog and so on. but most of these are assumptions that are left to us to decide. Thats what I was trying to say here., mostly fan speculation
Old 27th May 2010, 14:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

You guys saw it already?? I have not read a single post on this thread yet, will be seeing the episode tonite and come back soon.

But yes, Lost has been my obsession since 2005 when I saw it first.
Can't wait to see the finale.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:41   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
You guys saw it already?? I have not read a single post on this thread yet, will be seeing the episode tonite and come back soon.

But yes, Lost has been my obsession since 2005 when I saw it first.
Can't wait to see the finale.
Just saw Aloha to Lost with Jimmy Kimmel and some of the cast members and was hilarious with alternate endings and what not. Its a must watch too.
Old 27th May 2010, 14:47   #9
BHPian

watched the finale . now feel the various sub stories were just all a waste . no explanations to so many things especially the mythology . on emotional level the show ended ok but intellectually it was frustrating .

1 thing i wanna know how come hurley never lost any weight while on deserted island with no food and only fruits and animals to hunt for so many years .
Old 28th May 2010, 13:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
watched the finale . now feel the various sub stories were just all a waste . no explanations to so many things especially the mythology . on emotional level the show ended ok but intellectually it was frustrating .

1 thing i wanna know how come hurley never lost any weight while on deserted island with no food and only fruits and animals to hunt for so many years .
Probably he had secret stash of DHARMA supplies

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks