Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 21:38   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

That is dreadful, Tramway.

Hoping you have got your home back together now.

Is that LPG cylinder floating? I guess they would do, at least if empty...
Old 8th February 2009, 21:46   #122
Senior - BHPian

And surely our government does not compensate us for the damage in any way, does it?
You'll probably get fined for damaging that floating gas cylinder!
Old 8th February 2009, 22:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That is dreadful, Tramway.

Hoping you have got your home back together now.

Is that LPG cylinder floating? I guess they would do, at least if empty...
Yes it is the LPG cylinder, Infact the water level was very high. This pictures were taken 2 days after the rain when I opened the house. Later I put the cylinder on the slab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
And surely our government does not compensate us for the damage in any way, does it?
You'll probably get fined for damaging that floating gas cylinder!

Yes for sure, the Govt. only target us for milking money.

You know what I was really became angry when I heard from the local FM channel about the Sembarambakkam Lake Executive engineer's interview. The opening of the lake caused the actual flood in the southern side of the city and He was giving interview saying He opened the lake thinking that the rain will continue and the lake will be damaged due to excessive water income, however immediately after he ordered the crew to open the shutters of lake, seems the rain stopped. Subsequently he claimed that the lake is now emptied and Chennai needs another rain for filling the lake which is the direct source for drinking water

Last edited by trammway : 8th February 2009 at 22:05.
Old 8th February 2009, 22:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Had I not seen these pictures, I wouldn't have believed. There must have been heavy damages to people's household. Is there any provision in insurance to cover such happenings?
Old 8th February 2009, 22:34   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you get the government's Rs2000?

That really is crazy about the lake. It is one thing to allow water out to control its level, and another to empty it, although in the past we have heard of areas flooding because private persons breached a lake to protect their own encroachments.

Others may not have any reason to follow the news in UK, but those that have will have seen the effect of the snow on the country over the last week or so. It happens regularly, but not often (like this was, I think, the worst for 18 years) and, quite apart from the reasonable argument that no-one is going to budget and plan every year for something that only happens once in twenty, UK is never prepared for snow. Chennai, it seems, is never prepared for rain.

What maddens and saddens me is that the year will be spent with the government (whichever; they both do it, this is not party-political) talking about how they will be prepared next time --- and the next time turns out to be worse than the last.

Sorry... rant over...
Old 9th February 2009, 07:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

well, trammaway, thats an RD350 in water! Hope its running now!
Old 9th February 2009, 11:59   #127
BHPian

My colleague's 10 month old Swift Vdi which was submerged and badly affected in rain. He has not started the car and it has been towed by the dealer service centre guys . Service centre guys adviced him it just require to change the oil & diesel which might have mixed with rain water. After oil change also car was not getting started and they were unable to find/fix out the issues. Then they started changing ECU,Key set,EPS kit....etc . In between their R& D they have replaced almost all electronic parts and bill was 1.6 Lacs.

After 45-50 days my friend took it from dealer service center to MSM and they resolved the issue in 1 week it seems and paid another 20K .
Old 9th February 2009, 16:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

your colleague is such a sweet guy for that Dealer..!

Ask him to take up the issue with MUL direct!
Old 9th February 2009, 16:51   #129
Senior - BHPian

@trammway,
someone's sweet home is under water and its always sad to see such pics.
i hope, during course of time, everything is set back to normal.
Old 9th February 2009, 18:59   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Did you get the government's Rs2000?
Oh yeah.. that 2000 is actually 1% of my total loss during this flood and I was denied for the flood relief as I'm a tax payer and higher income person as per the Ration card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
well, trammaway, thats an RD350 in water! Hope its running now!
Yeah... It was restored with the expense of 7K as the crank bearings damaged due to excessive water in the engine block.

Now see this missing picture... my submerged JAWA... This was restored by self with 800 rupees expense.
OLD THREAD : Chennai flooded-canons3is-136.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVille07 View Post
My colleague's 10 month old Swift Vdi which was submerged and badly affected in rain. He has not started the car and it has been towed by the dealer service centre guys . Service centre guys adviced him it just require to change the oil & diesel which might have mixed with rain water. After oil change also car was not getting started and they were unable to find/fix out the issues. Then they started changing ECU,Key set,EPS kit....etc . In between their R& D they have replaced almost all electronic parts and bill was 1.6 Lacs.

After 45-50 days my friend took it from dealer service center to MSM and they resolved the issue in 1 week it seems and paid another 20K .
Dude, I didn't show you guys with my 3 months old Zen estilo floating outside my house and the expenses included in the amount I mentioned in this post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@trammway,
someone's sweet home is under water and its always sad to see such pics.
i hope, during course of time, everything is set back to normal.
You know what out of all this losses, my Jeep was the hero on the flood day to save my family and also rescued many from my area from flooded house. Love and Long live Jeeps.

Last edited by trammway : 9th February 2009 at 19:05.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2009, 19:45   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
your colleague is such a sweet guy for that Dealer..!

Ask him to take up the issue with MUL direct!

Actually I came to know recently only and then we asked honm to take to MSM and escalate to MSIL. Now the dealer service centre is behind him and ready to give free paint and entire seat change..etc.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks