Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2005, 14:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

Simple.
BMW 3 series - 3 crores
BMW 7 series - 7 crores

BMW X5 - 7 x 5 = 35 crores

BMW Z series - price is not mentioned. You can add as much zeroes as you wish. Hence Z.

(seriously put) some people are born lucky. A chap has no idea what a paddle shift is and yet he is driving a "feyrari".....
Old 28th October 2005, 18:17   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

For some reason this reminds me of the Ferrari Incident in the Mid Day.
Were i think we were going to get some detuned Ferrari fo 40L or was it 4L?
Old 28th October 2005, 19:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Did any one see footage of the Porsche launch in Mumbai where all celebs were invited. The reporter asked Malaika Arora " What do think of the 911 Carrera?"

Her reply " Oh I love the Porsche its my dream car . It looks so much like the Sonata and I drive a Sonata so..thats how close I get to one"
Old 28th October 2005, 19:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

These supermodels live up so well to their " Beauty, no brains" theory, it's difficult not to stereotype them.
Old 29th October 2005, 13:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Her reply " Oh I love the Porsche its my dream car . It looks so much like the Sonata and I drive a Sonata so..thats how close I get to one"

Sonata v/s Porsche?? and i thought super cars were rare in India
Old 31st October 2005, 09:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Did any one see footage of the Porsche launch in Mumbai where all celebs were invited. The reporter asked Malaika Arora " What do think of the 911 Carrera?"

blondes of india
Old 31st October 2005, 12:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Didnt she marry someone from the Salmaan Khan family? Can you expect her to appreciate the finer things in life after that???

Sonata like a Porsche! Somebody give er a job as a pit babe...at least she'll learn something.

Old 31st October 2005, 16:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

That was hilarious, a Porsche 911 looks like a Sonata for her
Old 1st November 2005, 12:15   #24
BHPian

Babe's got no brains people...also heard the Headlines Today guy telling in "WHEELSPIN" that Hyundai was a Japanese company....and he said that the Sonata Umbra was one of their best creations..
Nice article Dippy...got the truth out finally...'about these journalists.
Old 2nd November 2005, 03:04   #25
BHPian

why just the programmes which cover cars and motorsports events , its hilarious when u hear the kind of titles they give to breaking news , its like u are watching a "C "grade bhoj puri film (not that i have seen one , but have heard that they can be really low class , no offence to any one ). I guess these repoters are taking coaching from some one like DADA KONDKE who i have heard had his film titles like "ANDHERI RAAT ME DIA TREA HATH MAE "

Seriously they should do atleast some ground work before they attempt a story , and the editors of these programmes should edit some of the stupid stuff what these reporters come up with .

TV these days has gone to the dumps ...

GOD HELP US ....
Old 2nd November 2005, 06:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Babe's got no brains people
I wouldn't put it down as having no brains. Just that she is not passionate about cars. She has a Sonata, that shows for her cars are a means to go from point A to B for her. I guess the company doing the launch wanted a hot babe with the hot Porsches and invited her with a bunch of non-car celebs. I don't get it. A Porsche doesn't need celebs to promote it. The car is the star. If they want to invite these celebs at least brief them on the company profile. Doesn't make sense to me. These celebs know nothing and get invited for all the hot car launches and get paid to smile and talk silly.
Old 2nd November 2005, 07:12   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
A Porsche doesn't need celebs to promote it. The car is the star. If they want to invite these celebs at least brief them on the company profile. Doesn't make sense to me. These celebs know nothing and get invited for all the hot car launches and get paid to smile and talk silly.
Well said, man!
Shah Rukh raving about the Santro - understandable. Amitabh raving a about the Versa - understandable.
But, don't even try to talk about a Porsche and even if you want to, go and learn something about the car first.
The legend of the 911 is more than 40 years old and just too big for any of these current Bollywood personalities to even come close to. It speaks for itself. In this case, it's the car that can make any human a star. Not the other way round.
As far as Mallaika Arora - Khan is concerned, all I can say is, "if a person is flush with funds and still spends on a car like a Sonata, we can understand what he / she feels or knows about cars."
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
As far as Mallaika Arora - Khan is concerned, all I can say is, "if a person is flush with funds and still spends on a car like a Sonata, we can understand what he / she feels or knows about cars."
most people bought old Sonata just for its looks
besides doesn't everyone has their own choices?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks