Team-BHP - Branded Medical Stores Cheating Customers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Branded Medical Stores Cheating Customers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/83269-branded-medical-stores-cheating-customers-5.html)

Jaguar
Hi
I dont know about any other place but here in Bombay they make the bill with full amount.
I have noticed this with 3 different retailers.
Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 2800798)
Just for the sake of argument, on one hand you say that you don't want to go from shop to shop searching for a medicine and on the other you say you'll go back to the doctor to get an alternative.

My doctor is helpful enough to issue revised medicines via phone. The chemist usually asks which of the other available options can be given and I confirm with the doctor.
Please note I have not had the problem of chemist not giving exact quantity. the problem I have faced is that of shortage/ unavailability of prescribed medicine. If it does come to that, I can still call my doctor.

When someone is unwell, the last thing they want to do is to go from one shop to another. Which is why I said chemists should ensure they are well stocked and issue only as many medicines as are required. It is not as if they are selling milk which needs to be sold the same day.

A little off topic, but all medical shops were closed today & someone said there was a strike. But I could find no news about this. Anyone knows what this is about?

What if your power steering level falls 50 ml and the dealer has 200 ml packing only?

Ponder over the question and kindly buy drugs with expiry date showing.

Give the remaining leftover meds to a charitable clinic or your doctor .

Buy medication from institutions if possible. the likelihood of fakes is less. you'll get 10-15% discount. You'll get fresh stock with longer expiry dates and you'll find those vendors more accommodating in case of returns and loose strips.

BTW I think branded shops selling meds at MRP is a total ripoff.large purchasers easily dictate MRP and stock branded versions of drugs which are sometimes even triple the cost of generics by the same company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 3044559)
A little off topic, but all medical shops were closed today & someone said there was a strike. But I could find no news about this. Anyone knows what this is about?

Carboy
Hi.
I passed by 4/5 medical stores in the afternoon and not a single one was closed.
Except for the apna bazaar medical store at Mahim.It was closed for lunch as the shutter was half down.
Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by faustus77 (Post 3044704)
Carboy
Hi.
I passed by 4/5 medical stores in the afternoon and not a single one was closed.
Except for the apna bazaar medical store at Mahim.It was closed for lunch as the shutter was half down.
Regards

Hmm. Must be something specific to Mulund, then. Every medical shop was closed except the one in Fortis Hospital which was very crowded because of the others being closed.