Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win FIFA World Cup 2010?
Algeria 0 0%
Argentina 73 31.20%
Australia 1 0.43%
Brazil 24 10.26%
Cameroon 0 0%
Chile 0 0%
Côte d'Ivoire 2 0.85%
Denmark 0 0%
England 4 1.71%
France 1 0.43%
Germany 58 24.79%
Ghana 0 0%
Greece 0 0%
Honduras 0 0%
Italy 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
Korea North 1 0.43%
Korea South 0 0%
Mexico 1 0.43%
Netherlands 20 8.55%
New Zealand 0 0%
Nigeria 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Portugal 3 1.28%
Serbia 1 0.43%
Slovakia 0 0%
Slovenia 1 0.43%
South Africa 0 0%
Spain 41 17.52%
Switzerland 0 0%
United States 0 0%
Uruguay 3 1.28%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 15:15   #451
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Justice? What justice? A team that scored only 7 goals in 6 games won the tournament! Thats justice??

Spain deserved European cup but not the world cup. This is the worst team to have won the world cup. Spain neither play themselves, nor allow others to play. They just keep the ball. thats it!!! Its plain boring.
If it was purely the number of goals scored which merits winning the WC, then lets hand it to Germany. However, despite all the goals they scored, how come they couldnt manage it against Spain? Even Portugal scored 6 against the hapless Koreans. Would they be worthy champions?

Look at how the mighty Brazilians known for their flair played against Portugal.. befitting as champions? I think not.

Argentina literally had people worship them with the way they played, but put them under pressure as the Germans did, and they crumbled.

Spain didnt score too many goals, but i feel they played fair mostly. They did well to soak the pressure thats associated with the big moments, and they came out on tops.

In a time and age where football is becoming more of a push and shove kinda affair, the Spaniards showed the art of the passing game. With Torres not firing, the number of goals were bound to be limited. However, they had a good defence, and also exelled in midfield. Upfront, i agree they could have done much better.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:16   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did Spain even have 4 shots at the goal to deserve a 4-0 win??
Cricket is a gentlemen's game not football!!!
Justice? What justice? A team that scored only 7 goals in 6 games won the tournament! Thats justice??
Spain deserved European cup but not the world cup. This is the worst team to have won the world cup. Spain neither play themselves, nor allow others to play. They just keep the ball. thats it!!! Its plain boring.
Boring? in what sense? Did we expect a WWF showdown there on the football field? If passes and tactics, teamwork and sportsmanship seem to be boring, then you must be watching WWF and not FIFA. Dutch players were physical with Brazil right from the first whistle and Brazil were feeling like they have been thrown into the WWF ring instead of Football field. And the Dutch continued their 'technique' of rough, rougher and roughest (proven by 9 Yellow and 1 Red beyond doubt).
Its not that Spain deserved 100% to win, but its a fact that the Dutch deserved 100% to lose.
Had this been a Dutch-German finals, there would have been 20 Yellow cards and 5 Red cards at least.
Man, it depends what you look for in Football to give you pleasure or boredom. Watch it like a beautiful game and not like a knock-out WWF.
Any sport is gentlemen's sport,except WWF,which is entertainment like a movie.
Sportsmanship is next level of gentlemanship, mate.!
Finally, "Spain has the worst team in the world...!!!!"
Just can't say anything else except do this->

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 12th July 2010 at 15:29.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:20   #453
Senior - BHPian

OT: Spain v/s Germany semi-final was the most boring match I saw in this WC and Germany v/s Uruguay the most exciting!!

End of the day I was very happy for 2 things.
1. Diego Forlán's Golden ball
2. Thomas Mueller's Golden Boot
Old 12th July 2010, 15:29   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Did Spain even have 4 shots at the goal to deserve a 4-0 win??
Yes they would have that and more by their clean passing game. Unfortunately, the orange-shirted gorillas decided to got for their legs and chests than the football.

Quote:
Cricket is a gentlemen's game not football!!!
I wasn't going by any stereotype definitions. More by the manner of play-making.
Johan Cruyff and Franz beckenbauer (to name just a couple) won hearts and matches with their mind and tactics, not by breaking bones and diving to ground as if shot (Snyder) and by cursing refrees and by flapping hands like chicken (Robben). Players like them made football 'gentlemanly' and a pleasure to watch.

Quote:
Had holland won, Football world would have been shamed. Spain won. That's justice enough for me.

Quote:
Spain neither play themselves, nor allow others to play. They just keep the ball. thats it!!! Its plain boring.
Its difficult to keep possession of the football for any reasonable amount of time against the best in business. Ask any 'real' football player or a coach. For that alone, i prostrate before the Spaniards.

@joslicx, iam forced to wonder how well you understand football and its associated tactics. No offense buddy.

Last edited by WindRide : 12th July 2010 at 15:42.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:40   #455
Team-BHP Support

I am very glad that Spain won. To me, they played the best football in the tournament.

@windride
Quote:
iam forced to wonder how well you understand football and its associated tactics. No office buddy.
Are you on leave today ? Most of us have Monday blues
Old 12th July 2010, 15:41   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
8/8 probability is easier to attain than winning a lottery. Now people win a lottery too, don't day.
If I take the 5 out of 6 right from the Euro Cup the final tally comes to 13 out of 14. I gave it a thought again and realized that most of the world cup predictions involved Germany as one of the team making his task a little easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
To really prove the octopus is on to something, a random analysis is needed, with a greater sample size.
for example, randomly chose two teams, and then ask it to predict.
Simple
Agreed!
Old 12th July 2010, 15:42   #457
BHPian

aaaahhh Eddy - corrected it now .. haha
Old 12th July 2010, 15:59   #458
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Sportsmanship is next level of gentlemanship, mate.!
This means then also not to foul with intention, but make it look as it wasn't anything. Or deliberatedly hurting the opponent when helping them up after a foul. This is an 'art' in the name of sportsmanship the Italians, Portuguese and Spanish have developed.

Or just falling down making it look like a foul to gain a penalty or claim that a penalty shouldn't been given when it is justified.

But in these days it is considered to be cool.

And it seems to be even cooler to rob an opponent of the deserved victory in the last minute by preventing the goal on the line with a handball.

And the coolest are the ones that trying to bribe and the ones taking bribes for winning matches.

Last edited by CPH : 12th July 2010 at 16:03.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:40   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
This means then also not to foul with intention, but make it look as it wasn't anything. Or deliberatedly hurting the opponent when helping them up after a foul. This is an 'art' in the name of sportsmanship the Italians, Portuguese and Spanish have developed.

Or just falling down making it look like a foul to gain a penalty or claim that a penalty shouldn't been given when it is justified.

But in these days it is considered to be cool.

And it seems to be even cooler to rob an opponent of the deserved victory in the last minute by preventing the goal on the line with a handball.

And the coolest are the ones that trying to bribe and the ones taking bribes for winning matches.
I agree, it was disgusting to see the the player using his hands deliberately to deny the goal. He should have been suspended for couple of years at least from international football. Scoring on a penalty kick really depends on luck factor but then when the player used his hands, it was a 100% goal.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:50   #460
Senior - BHPian

Best match in this world cup according to me was GER vs UGY. It was nice to watch the way Forlan was playing.

Thank god that Netherland did not win yesterday.
Old 12th July 2010, 17:46   #461
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Some amount of justice done, withe Mueller bagging two awards. In a field scattered with stars and some big guns, a newbie comes and shows what it is to score goals, Mueller is the find of the tournament! Sad that he was out of the SF, should have made a big difference indeed!
I can see so many posts on the finals, esp saying spain was deserving of the win, well people come to watch football for games like GER-ENG, GER-ARG and GER-URU. Sad that spain did not even provide a single match where one could enjoy the classic moves that culminates in the final event- the ball landing at the back of the net, except for the single instance in the last 3 matches( all won 1-0). All one could watch, was the finesse of their passing and ball possession, which was the best no doubt hence they are where they are, but IMHO i have seen better World champion teams. That does not taking anything away from the fact they won and are WC winners, what i want from a world class team, i did not get, germans provided that aplenty this time. The final was a rugby match more than a football match
1. Robben should have scored- dutch cannot blame anyone else
2. The second attempt, Robben was CLEARLY pulled by Puyol, the advantage was played
3. Forgot who- but the guy who kicked Xabi in the chest, should have been promptly kicked out, leaving the dutch to 10 men.
4. Prior to the goal, the corner not given, was a most weird refereeing error. Who knows what could have happened if that mistake was not made.
Highlight of this WC- Paul !!!!
Old 12th July 2010, 17:47   #462
Senior - BHPian

@CPH,I agree,just for earning a foul, falling down has become also a tactic. But, I can see nowadays the referees are smart too, disallowing most of those 'acts'. I've seen many such 'falls' disallowed in England's matches.!
Old 12th July 2010, 17:50   #463
Senior - BHPian

Whats with the kicking and head butting crap in all the finals now a days ? That was disgusting to watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks