Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win FIFA World Cup 2010?
Algeria 0 0%
Argentina 73 31.20%
Australia 1 0.43%
Brazil 24 10.26%
Cameroon 0 0%
Chile 0 0%
Côte d'Ivoire 2 0.85%
Denmark 0 0%
England 4 1.71%
France 1 0.43%
Germany 58 24.79%
Ghana 0 0%
Greece 0 0%
Honduras 0 0%
Italy 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
Korea North 1 0.43%
Korea South 0 0%
Mexico 1 0.43%
Netherlands 20 8.55%
New Zealand 0 0%
Nigeria 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Portugal 3 1.28%
Serbia 1 0.43%
Slovakia 0 0%
Slovenia 1 0.43%
South Africa 0 0%
Spain 41 17.52%
Switzerland 0 0%
United States 0 0%
Uruguay 3 1.28%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 23:24   #76
Senior - BHPian

God, I left office when Slovenia was leading 2-0. By the time I reached home, the match ended a draw. I don't know if it was fixed or not, but big disappointment for sure. :-(
Old 19th June 2010, 06:38   #77
Team-BHP Support

The referee was pathetic. The US should have won that match.
And England really doesn't deserve to be playing in the World Cup.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

England must've learnt the less that overhype doesn't gonna win them matches automatically. They doesn't deserve to be in next round and should be packed off.

Really feel sad for US, the 2nd goal against them was clearly an offside and their third goal was dismissed due to the height of stupidity of the referee. Probably he was day dreaming. Is there a way to show the referee a red card? That bugger sure deserve that.

Germany still have chance and they will qualify for sure. Watched the replay of the match and they were really unlucky yesterday.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:13   #79
BHPian

It looks like only Argentina and Brazil are ready to fight for the cup.There is no spirit on other big teams like Germany,England,France and Spain. Germans lost motivation in yesterdays game and was just playing for the sake of 90 minutes.Same with France and England.

This year, there is not much spirit in teams.

I think,an Argentina -Brazil final is building up.
Hope Messi and Kaka will score in coming matches and will give us some entertainment and adrenalin pump.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:28   #80
BHPian

2nd goal was not offside - they showed the replay and he was on side, but disallowing the last minute goal was stupidity.

I think Germany is trying to avoid Argentina in QF. Top teams from both those groups can face each other in QF.

Last edited by echo77 : 19th June 2010 at 12:29.
Old 19th June 2010, 13:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

Am not voting - whenever i vote for my favourite team, they do not win. But Iam happy if the typical european teams like Italy, France, England and Germany do not win. hehe. But this time Germany is showing some flair, so they are also ok.

England is one team i've always hated. Yesterday's match was a yawn. Algeria were much better in defence and midfield, but did not have a clue about what to do after reaching the penalty box. It is as if after reaching there, they are looking at England defenders for ideas!! Of the 10-12 shots, they had none on target. England's moves, though very few, were relatively more threatening - at least they were shots on target and reached the goal keeper!!
Old 20th June 2010, 02:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

Denmark Cameroon was a real thriller; loved the match and plenty of shots on goal!

The first Danish goal was a stunner, really enjoyed it at the moment
Old 20th June 2010, 11:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

Going off topic here, but what happens if there is a brawl in the locker room between two players during half time?? Can the referee show them red cards in the locker???
Old 20th June 2010, 12:03   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Going off topic here, but what happens if there is a brawl in the locker room between two players during half time?? Can the referee show them red cards in the locker???
Teams have separate locker rooms.
Old 20th June 2010, 12:39   #85
BHPian

I'm rooting for Argentina. Very very disappointed with the english team. Wonder if they are a bunch of overpaid and overrated players.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:41   #86
Team-BHP Support

After today's match which Italy played, i am beginning to wonder what on earth they think of when attempting a shot at goal, or even at the times when some of them play-act an injury.

Despite enjoying most of the possession, and also containing NZ to their half for most of the second half, they were unable to break through the NZ defence! The lone goal which they scored was off a penalty.

Despite all the good work which was done by NZ, for putting up a praiseworthy peformance, the time-wasting tactics which were deployed by their coach towards the end of the match left a sour taste.
Old 20th June 2010, 22:45   #87
Team-BHP Support

New Zealand. YOU GUYS WERE AWESOME.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:26   #88
BHPian

Italian oscar-worthy acting gets them yet another penalty. The NZ goal was offside, so that kind of equates things.
Old 21st June 2010, 02:04   #89
Senior - BHPian

Italians should be out of the world cup soon. All they can do is acting and nothing else. Today NewZealand should've won the match and Italy should've been shown the door.
And after today's Brazil vs Ivory Coast match, I'm adding Ivory coast also to that list of actors. They are also learning well to fall down like nine pins with even the slightest touch. Good that they were forced to bite the dust by Brazil. Kader Keita should be banished from playing football for all his life as he is a disgrace to football and should never be allowed to near a football field. He himself came running towards Kaka and then fall down and acted as if been hit by a bulldozer.
Old 21st June 2010, 02:15   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
Italian oscar-worthy acting gets them yet another penalty. The NZ goal was offside, so that kind of equates things.
+1 to that. And the best Actor Oscar goes to - Daniele De Rossi. He had taken a stumble in the last match too as if he had tripped on a tree root on the ground.

Italians surely have a knack of getting some dubious penalties, remember the Australia match in 2006?

I don't like them but I have to admit that Brazil played really well tonight. Their link up play was excellent and they were lightning fast on the counter. I thought Kaka was foolish to get himself sent off, he was needling the referee too much. I guess they should make the Oscars more exclusive by awarding it every 4 years and there were lot in the Ivory Coast line up who could have trumped the top Hollywood actors. Fabiano's was excellent in front of the Goal but I was not impressed by his 2nd "hand ball" goal.

Ivory Coast were mere spectators in the 1st half and the introduction of Gervinho did pep up things and he was mightily impressive and his quick counter led to that clinical goal by Drogba. The match was over by the time the Elephants had warmed up

Last edited by lloydofcochin : 21st June 2010 at 02:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks