Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2019, 10:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Microsoft Office; Tips & Shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
The following Message gets displayed if I click on Save after editing the downloaded Excel File.
The Type of File in Windows Explorer is shown as Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet.

The Dell Laptop has Windows 10 Home 64-bit and MS Office Student 2016 both License Copies bundled with the Laptop.

I don't get this message on MS Office 2010 (pirated version) on different Laptop-Sony Vaio running Windows 7 32-bit.
Also if I edit that file on MS Office 2010, I can upload that file on the Etendering website without any problem.

Is this related to some problem in MS Office?

EDIT: -
If I manually try to Save as Excel 97-2003 Workbook, I get below message.
[/ATTACH]
But even this does not allow me to upload the file and throws same error on Dell Laptop with MS Office Student 2016.
From the screenshot, it appears that it is saving as an xml file rather than an xls file. Check the file type while saving and choose xls.
Old 27th September 2019, 11:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

The error given in the second screenshot is the answer to the problem, I guess.

The file which you are using (older version) has compatibility issues with the (newer) version of MS Excel in your laptop i.e. 2016.

You can check the compatibility issues from File -> Info -> Check for Issues ->Check Compatibility.

Based on my experience converting into lower version of MS Excel has two limitations - one related to some formulas which are not supported in the earlier versions and second the limitation on the number of rows and columns, in versions (till 2003?).

Last edited by vrprabhu : 27th September 2019 at 11:05.
Old 27th September 2019, 20:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I have downloaded the Excel File directly on both Laptops (not copied) from the Etendering website.

The downloaded file is of Type- Excel 97-2003 Workbook.

But I am unable to identify why Office Student 2016 is showing Error and not 2010.

I tried saving the file in Binary format but no success.

I will try installing MS Office 2010 on Dell and see if the problem get solved.
Old 28th September 2019, 23:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE: -

I had contacted one helpful person Raju (My Friend's employee) who has more knowledge related to that Etendering website. He reminded me to Change the Settings of Internet Explorer (Internet Options) as per the "Guidelines to the Bidders" (Oh My God, how did I forget to do the Change in Settings when I switched to this Dell Laptop last year).

Yesterday I had done the Settings and tried to upload the Template but in vain.

Just now out of curiosity, I downloaded the Template again on Dell Laptop and saved the file (in the default XML Spreadsheet 2003 format). I edited the Contents of that file and Clicked on Close (the X on Top Right Corner). It asked me whether to save changes. I clicked Yes. Then I uploaded that file and Voila it got uploaded successfully.

I had tried saving the files previously downloaded in XML Spreadsheet 2003, Excel 97-2003 Workbook, Excel Binary Workbook but it did not work (Might be due to fact that I did not change the Settings in Internet Options).

Thank you bhpians and Mr. Raju for helping me.

And yes, I did this with MS Office Student 2016 version itself.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th September 2019 at 17:45. Reason: Corrected as requested.
Old 8th February 2020, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Guys I had purchased a Microsoft Office 365 Personal for my Mac which seems to have expired on the 23 Jan 2020. So they have frozen my One Drive Account. So it seems I need to buy another one of those.

However, the confusion arises when I try to open the Word/Excel/Powerpoint applications on my Macbook. They seems to work just fine. Can anyone tell me how it works? If it continues to work on my Macbook what benefit do I get by spending another INR 4200, other than getting 1TB of One Drive storage?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks