Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2014, 17:34   #106
BHPian

Re: Driver salaries / pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzoomer View Post
Seems to be a good discussion. Now that i have one, i realized the importance of this discussion.
Thanks Mitzoomer. Spoke to a few drivers. Asking salaries for a full time driver (the guys I have spoken to so far) is around 14-18k. :|
I think it is super high, but "necessity is the mother of a screwed up monthly budget"? Inclusive of his food,travel, OT (if any etc). Any Bangalore folks here with inputs?

Thanks,
Kapil
Old 26th March 2014, 17:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

We pay 11.5k to our driver with extra at 50/hr if he works beyond 8 pm. He begins late,at around 10.45 in the morning and is generally done by around 7-7.30 pm. We also ensure he doesn't sit idle in the car by making him do odd jobs at office like dropping cheques,getting photocopies done,courier etc.

After interviewing over 20 candidates the current one seems to be the best of the lot. Most could hardly drive safely. Apart from paying them salary,one has to account for higher maintenance,lesser FE. This is our experience after having driver since 2007.

EDIT: 14-18 seems to be very high for a regular car. 14-18k is what my friends pay for their Merc/BMW drivers!

Last edited by shashank.nk : 26th March 2014 at 18:02.
Old 26th March 2014, 18:47   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
EDIT: 14-18 seems to be very high for a regular car. 14-18k is what my friends pay for their Merc/BMW drivers!
Thank you for your inputs Shashank!
Old 4th June 2015, 22:48   #109
BHPian

Hi, Bumping up this thread. How much should I pay for our driver here in Thrissur, Kerala?. Used mainly by my dad. He has been working for the past one month for us. Comes to our home in his TVS Scooty (his home is 6 kms away). We have 3 cars, Skoda Ocavia, E class, and Renault Scala. He cleans the cars regularly. He comes at around 8.45 in the morning and leaves by 9 in the evening. He even worked for some hours on some Sundays. Mainly we use Soda Octavia for regular commute. Merc Used 2-3 times a week and Scala rarely(as it is used by me). He has been very good for the past one month. We had initially agreed to give him 12k per month. But has agreed to increase the salary if he worked well. He brings his own luch. Other refreshments are given from the office. On a regular day he drives around 50 to 60 kms. We usually take long journeys 4-5 times a month. He is 45 years old, has a wife and 2 children dependent on him. What should be his ideal salary?
Old 4th June 2015, 23:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinmurali View Post
Hi, Bumping up this thread. How much should I pay for our driver here in Thrissur, Kerala?. Used mainly by my dad. He has been working for the past one month for us. Comes to our home in his TVS Scooty (his home is 6 kms away). We have 3 cars, Skoda Ocavia, E class, and Renault Scala. He cleans the cars regularly. He comes at around 8.45 in the morning and leaves by 9 in the evening. He even worked for some hours on some Sundays. Mainly we use Soda Octavia for regular commute. Merc Used 2-3 times a week and Scala rarely(as it is used by me). He has been very good for the past one month. We had initially agreed to give him 12k per month. But has agreed to increase the salary if he worked well. He brings his own luch. Other refreshments are given from the office. On a regular day he drives around 50 to 60 kms. We usually take long journeys 4-5 times a month. He is 45 years old, has a wife and 2 children dependent on him. What should be his ideal salary?
15k is what I think you might want to pay.

Rationale: The guy works over 12 hrs daily, 6 days a week, sometimes Sunday as well, cleans your cars, drives safely, is skilled at driving multiple cars.

I'd reckon paying him a little more than the market would pay off since you're getting a great guy and you'd want to ensure his loyalty for a long time.
Old 4th June 2015, 23:56   #111
BHPian

Good day All, please advice how much salary would be ideal for a driver to start at 0730am and finish by 0100pm in Chennai??
Old 7th June 2015, 22:48   #112
BHPian

Thanks Lalvaz. Yeah, we decided to pay 15k to our driver. Its a fair pay.
Old 10th June 2015, 15:47   #113
BHPian

Just to add a data point, we pay 13.5 per month in Bangalore. This is for 6 days per week, 12 hr.s per day (8am to 8pm). However most days it's more like 8-10 hours, and Saturdays maybe 3-4 hours max. Also includes washing charges for two cars on alternate days.
Old 29th January 2017, 20:39   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone is looking for a part time driver in Bangalore south ( Jayanagar & surrounding areas) for morning drops, please let me know. A person I know for past few years is available. He starts his regular work at 10:00 am, and is available upto 9:30 am.
Old 29th January 2017, 20:40   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Condor you mean 10am to 930pm ... Not twenty three and half hours
Old 30th January 2017, 07:19   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I think he means that the driver is available till 9:30 am only. After that he starts his regular work. So he can probably do morning drops only, as mentioned.
Old 30th January 2017, 09:53   #117
BHPian

We are buying Polo petrol in about 2 days and I am looking for need based / part time drivers to drive my parents around, back in my hometown Belgaum. I spoke to one reliable fellow whose car we used to hire earlier and he quoted Rs.500 per 24 hours. Current full time driver salary at my place is 8000/- pm. We have decided to go for a part time driver.
Old 30th January 2017, 11:07   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I think he means that the driver is available till 9:30 am only. After that he starts his regular work. So he can probably do morning drops only, as mentioned.
@BenjiRoss, correct - Morning upto 9.30 so that he can get back to regular work.
Old 28th November 2020, 10:29   #119
BHPian

Can anyone tell what is a reasonable salary to pay in Bangalore?. (Not commercial)

Also, how is the overall scene?. With WFH getting prolonged, not many people going to office. I wonder if the owners are still paying the salary or have cut the salary. I feel sorry for these drivers.
Old 28th November 2020, 16:52   #120
BHPian

What a strange co-incidence..this thread pops up as a new post alert; and my the then driver happened to visit us today; and we go back in time -15yrs ago...he was with us for few years before moving out. He's now driving an auto.

Though from what I have heard - drivers have been hit hard in these times. Where they used to get 18k pm pre-covid, I am told that it's come down to around 10k pm now.
Haque is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks