Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2020, 17:58   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Driver salaries / pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Can anyone tell what is a reasonable salary to pay in Bangalore?. (Not commercial)

Also, how is the overall scene?. With WFH getting prolonged, not many people going to office. I wonder if the owners are still paying the salary or have cut the salary. I feel sorry for these drivers.
I'm paying full salary even though me and dad are both WFH. The driver runs a few errands for us and drives the cars around a bit.

Other than that no work and duty but it's not fair to cut their pay during these times, so we have been paying full salary as well as Diwali bonus.

If the driver is good, there's no reason to cut his pay unless he wants to leave himself due to less duty.
Vid6639 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 02:09   #122
BHPian

My present driver is with me for the last 8 years taking my son and wife to school, sports classes,markets etc. safely. It will be injustice to cut his salary in the present situation due to no fault of his own. So, I am paying him full salary including full Diwali bonus. He thanked me for this and also told me honestly that not every driver got paid fully these days. It seems that he has become more loyal during these days due to the financial support. This might turn out to be beneficial in the long run.
sups is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 23:25   #123
Senior - BHPian

Paid full salary to chauffeur and domestic help during lockdown and lower working load now. You can't arbitrage on people's livelihoods.
v1p3r is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 13:41   #124
PPS
Senior - BHPian

We paid full salary to our driver for the months of April & May. Then some weekday in June when we called him to turn up, he was away in Mahad for 2-3 days working as a 'badli' for someone else! So from June onwards we haven't been paying him full salary. Usually, Sunday is his official off & we don't mind him working as a 'badli' on that day. He has been paid his Diwali bonus though.
Old 1st December 2020, 12:27   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Can anyone tell what is a reasonable salary to pay in Bangalore?. (Not commercial)
I hired a chauffeur last week. I am paying him 18K per month (as per his expectations):

1. Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 8 PM duty. Though he is available during weekends also on request
2. Brings his own lunch while commuting
3. He is our neighborhood guy who is a clothes ironwaala stays with his wife and daughter. His primary profession is driving and when he is unemployed helps his wife and daugher with clothes ironing work. we know him and his family since close to 4 years now.

Even otherwise the ongoing trend for a chauffeur salary is currently 18K - 20K per month.

Hope this helps
lazybrain is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks