Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2005, 19:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

i guess the rate differ in various states and cities. but i think here in my state a temp drievr would get 100-150 per day.
Old 1st November 2005, 20:48   #17
BHPian

thanks for the post haque
i checked with some of the guys in the office who have drivers... range: 3.5k - 5k per day.
Old 1st November 2005, 21:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
.... I somehow feel they could to something more lucrative for themselves instead of idling...They could learn a whole lot of stuff or simply do small errands for people in office and make a buck or two...
Absolutely agree, my dad's driver is a driver cum office boy+man Friday. When he's not driving he's hanging around the office and helping with whatever comes up...nothing specific and also washes the car. Since he's a young guy its possible....some senior drivers will refuse to do errand jobs. Gotta checkup how much he's paid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel
I just dont understand how a guy can sleep for a whole day in the drivers seat!!
Oh Believe me they can.....but annoys me is when the start the engine, turn on the A/C and the music while they are at it.

Last edited by Mpower : 1st November 2005 at 21:31.
Old 1st November 2005, 21:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
thanks for the post haque

range: 3.5k - 5k per day.
Buddy, do you have opening for a driver in ur office - Do you mint currency ?
@3.5-5K per day thts a cool amount for a pickup and drop service...thts what drivers of techies cars do...

PS: I understand that this was a case of galati se mistake (typo ).
Old 1st November 2005, 22:44   #20
BHPian

err ... i meant per month (big typo) ... heh
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:17   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
We think alike. I hate idle time. In my life or the people who work for me.
GTO
GTO, our drivers do work such as collating post, running the xerox machine, while they are in the office. even then they do have some idle time. so do i that is what i use to log in to this fourm :-)
Old 2nd November 2005, 15:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

in hyd the avg starting salary is 2.5k to 3k,with an increase in 6 months to 3.5k if the driver is good. from there after it's depends on the driver for the raise.

we pay abt 6 k with house to our senior most driver( for hyd guys,think they know "meesalu" krishna)
who has abt 25 years of experience ranging from trucks to bikes and has all the licences possible.
his timing is generally 8.30 am to 5.30 pm , overtime extra

the other two drivers get 3.5 k as they are newbies (hired them almost an year back)

their timings are morning 8 am to 8pm,no excuses, sunday half day.

we hire temp drivers occasonally and pay abt 100-150 a day depending on the work load.
Old 2nd November 2005, 23:22   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmm,
we pay our guys b/w 3K - 6K.
3 of them have been workin for us before i was born and drive really well (Palio 1.6 and lancer and such driver's cars have gone to waste, considering the 60+ year old guy gets to drive them at the enthusiastc speed of 60 kmph on a sunday morning when i go to the club).
They don't get any overtime and are at our beck and call 24 hours. They come in the morning b/w 7 - 10 and leave after having dinner. They have been provided cell phones, food, lodging.
Of our drivers, the one i use to go to school, comes at 7am in the morning drives me to Juhu, then sits reads a book, goes around cleaning the car, to a couple of shops and sleeps a bit until i come back, then he drives me home at 4.30, we reach at 6 and i am too tired to do anything so then he does whatever he wants to.
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:53   #24
BHPian

We pay our drivers between 6K -8K plus overtime and other perks...
Sometimes the drivers take close to 10K plus in salaries ...
Old 3rd November 2005, 16:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

My dad's driver gets 3.5k for driving his Accord. Thats it, no overtime, no nutin . Just 200 extra on sundays
Old 3rd November 2005, 20:05   #26
BHPian

What about them ??

Guys have a interesting curiosity..
How much are the driver of expensive cars paid.. Like the driver of Ambanis MAYBACH or some Rolls Royce phantom drivers.
Also how the hell do they find those drivers who are trained to drive such huge cars.. After all a single mistake would cost thousands Atleast..

I guess they are trained and employeed by the motor companies themselves.. jus a guess though...
Old 4th November 2005, 10:50   #27
BHPian

Down south, They get paid at around 3K, this would include. Dropping and picking up kids from school.

Drive the boss to the factory and back
Drive bosses wife to a kitty party or to the beauty parlour

Good food, A good romantic life with the house maids. May be they would be happily married too.

Sounds too cinematic, but i have seen this happening
Old 4th November 2005, 14:43   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need a driver!

Well actually my family does...someone around Whitefield, Bangalore. We can pay around 4.5k, and the job is 8am to 8pm, with Sundays off. The person should drive well, obviously! Knowledge of Hindi is a prerequisite.

Please PM me if anything comes to mind... Thanks.
Old 4th November 2005, 14:51   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Guys, I need a driver!

Well actually my family does...someone around Whitefield, Bangalore. We can pay around 4.5k, and the job is 8am to 8pm, with Sundays off. The person should drive well, obviously! Knowledge of Hindi is a prerequisite.

Please PM me if anything comes to mind... Thanks.
hhhmm..i think i just have the right person in my mind..his name is akshay..pls let me know if ur interested ..
PS: juss kidding!!!!!
Old 4th November 2005, 16:39   #30
BHPian

Hi.
Have no personal driver but employ 2 for the factory to drive the factory cars (Lancer + NHC).
The Old and reliable (handles cash upto 200k without problems) chap draws about 7.5k plus is given free housing (lives with his family in a flat atop the MD's garage), free water and electricity plus PF.

The other lad, pretty avrg, draws 3k (from 8 to 1800 hrs) plus OT if applicable. Sunday is double OT.

Also free education for the kids of both the drivers at a nearby public school (2+2 kids Fees is 350/- pm per child). Both the drivers are permitted to take their families out in the factory cars once a month.

Cheers

Last edited by Xsailor : 4th November 2005 at 16:41.

Most Viewed