Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:09   #1

skoda with spinners

hey everyone
yesterday i was crusing down worli sea face in my honda and i saw a skoda with spinners. they were damn good. 17 inchers spinners with neons. although the car was not modded it looked good. could'nt get pics but will try to get them nxt time. it had a good audio which increased the weight of the car due to multi amps and woofers.

the kid tried racing me so i also put a heavy foot on the throttle. pulled my honda at 129kmph in 2nd gear after which the engine died out.
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:13   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhonda
hey everyone
yesterday i was crusing down worli sea face in my honda and i saw a skoda with spinners. they were damn good. 17 inchers spinners with neons. although the car was not modded it looked good. could'nt get pics but will try to get them nxt time. it had a good audio which increased the weight of the car due to multi amps and woofers.

the kid tried racing me so i also put a heavy foot on the throttle. pulled my honda at 129kmph in 2nd gear after which the engine died out.
Yo racer boy...firstly this is in the wrong section...secondly 129 in 2nd gear?? Either you drive the fastest honda in india or your have major speedo error!! Its impossible to hit that speed....what do u mean u r engine died? I am sure you blew it!
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
129 in 2nd gear?? Either you drive the fastest honda in india or your have major speedo error!! Its impossible to hit that speed....what do u mean u r engine died? I am sure you blew it!

i second that.theres no way you can cross 100 in 2nd.are you sure the black skoda had spinners or just chrome wheels.did the guy who was driving have long hair.

Rev

ps. were you in a dark blue/black city....

Last edited by revtech : 2nd November 2005 at 12:53.
Old 2nd November 2005, 15:41   #4
BHPian

was that revtec with the skoda??? hey i dint understand what u guys meant by spinners.. what is it??
Old 2nd November 2005, 17:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do u mean "Spinners With Neons" or just spinners and neons??

Which honda do u drive? Even the VTEC does only just abt 100 in 2nd
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:36   #6
BHPian

hey rev..i think the blue city was mine....i was with a blue landcruiser doing some great speeds on the seaface just after that fire caught...nearly had an accident because of all the black smoke.....i surely was doing more than 129 but definetly not in secong gear if u know what im saying
allan
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think it is the same black skoda we attended to in mumbai, his spinners were yet to arrive at that time... short guy long hair, black RS with a Pete's 50bhp Phase I remap. The honda wouldnt have stood a chance against it.

Arush
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

deja vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhonda
pulled my honda at 129kmph in 2nd gear after which the engine died out.
something similar to what Jeremy Clarkson pulled at the Nürburgring in the diesel Jaguar S-Type!
Old 2nd November 2005, 21:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

guys now although i dont own the fastest baleno i have pulled the car twice in second at 120.....driver only with the ac off...
Old 2nd November 2005, 22:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

SO how much would 17" spinners cost?? 75k plus?
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip
was that revtech with the skoda??? hey i dint understand what u guys meant by spinners.. what is it??

i was driving the black Rs but it didnt have spinners.it just had 17 inch chrome wheels.

In very simple words spinners are a disc on top of the already existing alloys wheel So when the car moves both the allys obiously n the spinners move but when the car stops only the top part (spinner)continues to move.
this should explain it better.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=17

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Do u mean "Spinners With Neons" or just spinners and neons??

the one i was driving didnt have either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power
hey rev..i think the blue city was mine....i was with a blue landcruiser doing some great speeds on the seaface just after that fire caught..

okay but did you come on my left stare at me for about 2-3 seconds and the floor it. ?? if you did then that was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche
I think it is the same black skoda we attended to in mumbai, his spinners were yet to arrive at that time... short guy long hair, black RS with a Pete's 50bhp Phase I remap. The honda wouldnt have stood a chance against it.

Arush

hmmm ok short and long hair is right but there are no spinners or pete upgrade on this one unless we are talking about two different vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
guys now although i dont own the fastest baleno i have pulled the car twice in second at 120.....driver only with the ac off...

dude i seriously doubt that man.i own a baleno too but i doubt that.i never really redlined the car but i doubt it

Rev
Old 4th November 2005, 03:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche

Arush
Yep,it his car.His name is vishal.Dark tints,17" spinners,green neons.The car looks great,probably the best RS ive come across here.One can spot this car at seaface near Mafco almost every evening.

X
Old 4th November 2005, 10:36   #13
BHPian

I agree, not possible to get a Honda at 129 om the 2nd gear.
Even if your did, you should have fried the piston rings and the engine should have seized
Old 4th November 2005, 12:37   #14
Senior - BHPian

straight put - it's impossible for a honda to do 129 kmph in second..even the vtec just about manages 100 in second at over 7000 r.p.m, which is well in the redline. even without a rev-limiter (or possible e.c.m mods, on a standard 1.5 or vtec) the car won't get to that speed...110, maybe (@ 7500 or 8000 r.p.m with shorter ratios and 9000 r.p.m red-line with a hondata or haltech e.c.m; but then, that engine would be seriously modded)...

uh-oh...just read the whole thing again...yeah, speedo error seems like a good possibility now...

@C.H- how did you guess whether the octy had engine mods or not..??!! and, as you said, if you somehow did manage 129 in second, then perhaps your "id" actually does suit you eh...LOL..
Old 4th November 2005, 13:23   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Yep,it his car.His name is vishal.Dark tints,17" spinners,green neons.The car looks great,probably the best RS ive come across here.One can spot this car at seaface near Mafco almost every evening.

X
hey bro how about some pics of that rs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks