Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 09:47   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Parents going to Bangalore, need help with itinerary

Hi team

My parents are planning to visit Bangalore, ooty and mysore in the month of july. Having gone into a discussion with them regarding how much time to spend where, I think that T-bhp might be of some help.

Currently the itinerary stands such:

9th July: Reach Bangalore from Kolkata and further go upto mysore the same day. Stay at mysore.

10th july: visit mysore and make a move to ooty.

11th july: stay at ooty whole day.

12th july: return to Bangalore and sight seeing whole day.

13th july: stay in bangalore and sight seeing again.

14th july: reuturn back home to chandigarh.

Now, here are a few questions I have for the bangy guys.

1. Is the itinerary ok or should they spend more time at some place else.

2. My parents plan to go from airport on 9th july, directly to Mysore. How easy or tough is it to hire a taxi or hop on a bus from bangalore airport? Also, what sort of hire rates can they be looking at while hiring a taxi. They'll be 3 people only, parents and my brother so a small car would suit them.

3. I was suggesting them to hire a taxi for the whole trip altogether i.e. the moment they land at airport to drop at the airport when they have to go back. How easy or tough would it be to get hold of such a taxi at the airport. If not at the airport, where to should they head out in order to find one.

I have many more questions in my head but these are my major concerns. Hope to hear from you guys.

Shresth
Old 24th June 2010, 11:12   #2
BHPian

Meru cabs and some local guys are available at the airport. Some of the cab operators charge extra just for the airport drop. Say you want to go to Mysore, they would charge about a thousand bucks from the airport and then a per km fare from Bangalore city onwards.

I would recommend booking a cab beforehand to pick your folks up, clarify the fare and take them around rather than booking one at the spot at the Bangalore airport. Alternately, lot of Volvos from BIAL are available to any part of the city.
Old 24th June 2010, 11:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Hi team

My parents are planning to visit Bangalore, ooty and mysore in the month of july. Having gone into a discussion with them regarding how much time to spend where, I think that T-bhp might be of some help.

Currently the itinerary stands such:

9th July: Reach Bangalore from Kolkata and further go upto mysore the same day. Stay at mysore.

10th july: visit mysore and make a move to ooty.

11th july: stay at ooty whole day.

12th july: return to Bangalore and sight seeing whole day.

13th july: stay in bangalore and sight seeing again.

14th july: reuturn back home to chandigarh.

Now, here are a few questions I have for the bangy guys.

1. Is the itinerary ok or should they spend more time at some place else.

2. My parents plan to go from airport on 9th july, directly to Mysore. How easy or tough is it to hire a taxi or hop on a bus from bangalore airport? Also, what sort of hire rates can they be looking at while hiring a taxi. They'll be 3 people only, parents and my brother so a small car would suit them.

3. I was suggesting them to hire a taxi for the whole trip altogether i.e. the moment they land at airport to drop at the airport when they have to go back. How easy or tough would it be to get hold of such a taxi at the airport. If not at the airport, where to should they head out in order to find one.

I have many more questions in my head but these are my major concerns. Hope to hear from you guys.

Shresth
My suggestion to this trip is for the family to take a direct bus to ooty from Bangalore, spend time visiting the places in Ooty and Conoor. Reach Mysore on return journey and visit the historic places and then finally to Bangalore where they can relax and leisurely do the sight seeing.

Private Taxi's from Airport are expensive and generally charge about Rs. 1000. Best is to hire Meru cabs who are genuine. There are volvo buses plying from Airport to Majestic Bus stand from where you can take the onward tickets for the decided destinations. The bus facilities in Karnataka are very good and they have decent frequency. Its always better to take the RTC, reach the destination and then take a taxi to do the local sight seeing else there will be chances of cheating also(just being hypothetical here but cannot be ruled out also)

Hope this helps.
Old 24th June 2010, 11:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

So they will go around in a cab to Ooty and Mysore? From airport its easy to go to the Bus station and then hop to Mysore (all in Volvos). They can hire a cab from Mysore to Ooty.
Also, there is much to see in and around Mysore which you have not considered.
Old 24th June 2010, 12:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

I would strongly suggest that you make prior arrangement for a taxi for going to Mysore and Ooty from Bangalore. Booking a taxi on the spot from the Airport may not be possible. Airport taxis are meant for city use, not for tourist purpose.

Ask a friend/relative in Bangalore to contact a travel agency and arrange for a taxi for Mysore and Ooty from Bangalore. The same taxi may also be used to pick up your parents directly from the airport.

Another option which I can suggest is a 4 day KSTDC package tour from Bangalore which covers Mysore, Ooty and Kodaikanal. They make complete arrangement for travel, stay and sight seeing. (These tours are conducted in tourist buses, not individual taxis)

KSTDC also provides package tours for Bangalore sight seeing.

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks