Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 13:04   #1
BHPian

A different set of wheels for M&M

I was thinking about how Mahindra is into every form of transport now, except for horses.
No wait. Horses and bicycles.

We've been seeing the Thar offlate, a proper off-roading lifestyle vehicle. So I felt that it would be great if they gave along with it, a mountain bike. I am thinking of something like this but with a Mahindra badge:

Trek Bikes | Bikes | Mountain Hardtail | 3900 Disc

Extending the thought, I think it'd be great if Mahindra could venture into mountain-bikes. Considering the kind of vehicles that Mahindra is into, I feel that beefy and good mountain bikes would blend very well into their product portfolio. The lifestyle-bicycle market in India is really growing and there are many more options today. And I'm not suggesting to cater only to the upper end of the spectrum. Making good bicycles which can be bought for growing teenagers will help with their brand image and embed into them at a younger age the Mahindra brand. Seriously, who hates the bicycle they rode as a kid? If anything, this will only help them. Quality is not a huge issue (for the cheaper bikes) because unlike the automotive market, the competitors in the bicycle market aren't exactly making unbreakable machines as yet. So it would definitely be possible to compete. A range of bicycles between Rs.3,000 to 20,000 will cover a wide spectrum of customers from teenagers to returning bikers. I feel this is a good opportunity! What do you all think?

P/S: The link of the bike shows what a good mountain bike could look like but not necessarily at that price point. Yes, there are some decent looking Indian bikes for reasonable money in India too.

@Moderators: I didn't know where to post this or if this has been mentioned before (couldn't find any record), so do the needful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks