Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2005, 05:27   #1
BHPian

30GB Mail Box

Yes you heard it right.. 30 GB of email space...

yourname@30gigs.com

I'm sure people may never use such high amount of space for mail storage, but this post is just for information sharing

http://www.30gigs.com

Membership by invitation only.. So get you Invites here
http://38.98.129.131/~jim/30gigs.php

Or via any of the Invite sites listed on the 30gigs homepage.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 8th November 2005 at 05:35.
Old 8th November 2005, 05:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

30gb is more than what i need ... I'd sign up if they allow bigger file attachments to be sent out (more than 10mb per mail) All these guys r giving out such big email accounts but whats the point when you limit the attachment sizes to just 10 mb! Whats the attachment size limit on 30gigs.com? Also is there alot of spam mail coming in?
Old 8th November 2005, 10:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
30gb is more than what i need ... I'd sign up if they allow bigger file attachments to be sent out (more than 10mb per mail) All these guys r giving out such big email accounts but whats the point when you limit the attachment sizes to just 10 mb! Whats the attachment size limit on 30gigs.com? Also is there alot of spam mail coming in?

exactly whats going on in my mind right now.i have g mail already which has a big storage limit and i really dont need anything more than that.what would really be helpful is if they increase the attachment size limit.

Rev
Old 8th November 2005, 12:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

spams would be the biggest headache with big gb mail storages. but someone frm Aachen would knw better abt this. so what say mate?
Old 8th November 2005, 13:13   #5
BHPian

Thanks for that info bro, 30 gigs of e-mail.
Signed up for it.

I hope it is spam free
Old 8th November 2005, 14:20   #6
BHPian

Yes, I align to you points.

I dont even use 20% of my gmail capacity..

The 300gig.com service is still in beta testing and I couldnt find any mention on the attachment limits.

They claim they have some sort of Anti Spam policy, but we have to wait and see once the service really starts moving...Even I'm a new user.

The only plus right now is being a new service, there are lots of short email ID's available. Also they have a GD2 Email signature (not a big deal at all) to publicise your email ID as well as their service...lol. The GD2 signature may just avoid some email harvesting SPAM BOTS.

Just for the record, you can even get a 1 Terabyte Mail box from http://www.hriders.com/

I think all these services are just lame since no one is ever going to use such high amounts of space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
spams would be the biggest headache with big gb mail storages. but someone frm Aachen would knw better abt this. so what say mate?
How is SPAM related to big mailbox storages ? I think it plagues even the smallest size mailbox.
Old 8th November 2005, 14:20   #7

The attachment limit seems to be 2MB, which is quite stupid considering the mailbox size!
Old 9th November 2005, 02:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
How is SPAM related to big mailbox storages ? I think it plagues even the smallest size mailbox.
Well, spam is not directly related to the storage space. Its more to do with the fact that these email providers are still unknown and their spam filter technology is yet unprooven relative to gmail/yahoo etc. (no, not hotmail).

BTW, you live in Aachen? Been there, seemed like a nice place. But whats it like to live there?
Old 9th November 2005, 18:49   #9
BHPian

Well...Aachen is in the border between Germany, Netherlands and Belgium. Its a pretty nice place away from all maddening crowd of the city. Its kind of a sleeping village but with all modern amenities. Again tourists expecting a jazzy nature of some European cities will be really disappointed with the slow paced life in Aachen...

But what will be of interest to TBHP'ans will be the German Autobahns, the story is totally different...:-) Though I dont own a car here, I have tried ripping my friends Opel Vectra 2.4 litre Turbo Diesel at roughly 250 KMPH. The car did it with utmost ease and felt like it can do a lot more. All my lethargic feelings about a diesel car vanished into thin air after driving this modern turbo diesel. I could hardly believe it was a diesel. In this BMW/MERC country, speed is the mantra and almost everyone is crazy about their cars like most of us.

A lil about me since most of you dont know me though a member for nearly 1.5 yrs: I'm working as a Senior Design Engineer (Telecom Hardware). Originally from Cochin, Kerala and here in Germany as part of my job for the past 8 Months. Back at home I own an Indigo, Ikon, RD350 LT and a Suzuki Shogun...Well lemme stop here else we will deviate too much from the thread topic. :-)

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 9th November 2005 at 18:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks