Team-BHP - Neighbour Nuisance : Any suggestions ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Neighbour Nuisance : Any suggestions ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/85055-neighbour-nuisance-any-suggestions.html)

Hi.

We've got this crowd of strange and stupid people living in front of our house. Here are some of their activities.

1. Their overhead tank keeps on overflowing. It's been doing that for four years, and to a guy like me who runs like a Veyron when he sees a leaking faucet, it hurts. It hurts a lot.

Three or four years ago, when they came, people shouted, rung their doorbells, pleaded them, fought with them, did everything short of hitting them with bricks to make them switch off their pumps. Didn't change anything. People gave up too.

Neighbour Nuisance : Any suggestions ?-dscn1590.jpg

See the foliage that has grown below the outlet pipe. :Frustrati

Neighbour Nuisance : Any suggestions ?-dscn1591.jpg

The standing water in this case could be partially attributed to monsoons, but they(the neighbours) have been known to singlehandedly cause the formation of similar pools.

2. They throw garbage on the empty plot besides our house. The last straw was when they disposed off the last remains of their car on the plot too. :deadhorse

Neighbour Nuisance : Any suggestions ?-dscn1592.jpg

Now, most, if not all, people have given up on them. Ours is an old style colony with no Development Authority we could complain to.

Not even the guy who owns the plot bothers, as he has no activity going on the plot for the last 15 years, and apparently, has no plans to do so.

Is there any legal, non-time consuming remedy that we can seek, like some law they're violating ?

Or any other solution you could recommend ?

Thanks a lot.

I'm sure you have tried this. But how about all of the neighbour's joining collectively and visiting them on Sunday morning with a request to stop such activities.
Suggest them to install an auto-cutoff switch in their water tank/pump set.

Its similar to what is done in our apartment at times.
When some folks do not pay the maintinance/ some collection the members of the association collectively go and pay them a "friendly" visit.

-Fillmore

all of you get together and just go ahead and seal off their outlet pipe...

get a scrapyard guy to come and pick up the car for free

not sure about dumped garbage - maybe municipality could collect it, not sure if there are fines for dumping garbage

Quote:

Originally Posted by echo77 (Post 1970427)
all of you get together and just go ahead and seal off their outlet pipe...

get a scrapyard guy to come and pick up the car for free

not sure about dumped garbage - maybe municipality could collect it, not sure if there are fines for dumping garbage

May be you can ask the scrap guy to clean away the garbage in lieu of taking away the car for free :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anku94 (Post 1970333)
Three or four years ago, when they came, people shouted, rung their doorbells, pleaded them, fought with them, did everything short of hitting them with bricks to make them switch off their pumps. Didn't change anything. People gave up too.

Unity is strength :)

just make sure ALL you people use his house front as Garbage area and see his reaction.

If he is not cared for this also, then something wrong with the guy. Probably a hidden terrorist :D

Simple solution!!!

Get your some friends at the site.
Pretend that those friends are news reporter covering the news.
Make sure that one or two of fake news reporter friends visit the rogue neighbor to catch the views of the party.

Aaadmi badnami se darata hai.

This will bring the the neighbor in line otherwise....

.....bring the actual local news reporter.

There is a vacant site next to my building. Behind my building there is an independent house with 2 floors (Ground floor and First floor). Behind the vacant site also there is an independent house with 2 floors (Ground and First floor). In our locality the BBMP garbage collectors come and collect every day the garbage which we neatly put in large garbage bags.
Both ground floor houses do the same as we do. But the first floor houses come and dump all the garbage in this vacant site. We have also tried everything we could and they just don't seem to listen or have the civic sense.

The first floor house which is behind my flat is occupied by an local grocery store guy who has his store 2 streets away. The first floor house behind the vacant plot is occupied by a well to do family and the young couple (both appear to be around early 30s) seems to be well educated and also appear to be in well to do jobs based on their lifestyle.

One Saturday morning I was rudely awakened by loud arguments between 2 ladies. I went to the window to see what was happening. One of the ladies in my apartment was asking the lady from the first floor house behind the vacant site to not dump garbage in the vacant site as it creates nuisance for everyone. The first floor lady was rude and saying to the lady from our flat to just shut up and mind her own business as she was not throwing garbage anywhere near her flat. The first floor lady went on to say that if she throwing garbage in the vacant site is so much of a problem to the lady in our flat, the lady in our flat can go and clean that site.

The other day, my neighbor flat guy told the local grocery store guy to not throw garbage in the vacant site, the grocery store guy said when the other flat rich, educated and well to do people can throw their garbage in the vacant site, why can't he throw. The grocery store guy also said, first get that other house people to stop throwing then he will also stop. My neighbor just left it at that as there was no point in trying to convince the local grocery store fellow.

Send him "get well soon" postcards daily ;) (Munna Bhai, style!)

The reporter Idea is fine. But what are the chances that one who do not care what their neighbors think of them would care for some odd 2 minute news article?

Giving them a taste of their own medicine would be ideal IMHO. If they still do not react, then time to call the Asylum!!! No Kidding.

Disposing off garbage in places like that is surely illegal. You can file a complaint for that sore sure.

The guy in my basement wasnt cleaning his basement and stuff there was rotting everyday. One day a MCD guy came to check for mosquitos, we told him about the nuisance and he posed as a sanitary inspector and threatened to fine him 1 lakh rupees if he didnt mend his ways. That was all what was needed :)

You can complain collectively to the muncipality of your area, and then file RTIs to find out what action has been taken. In delhi you can complain via the 'govt. aap ki sunwai helpline' , trust there would be something similar where you stay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1head (Post 1970766)
One day a MCD guy came to check for mosquitos, we told him about the nuisance and he posed as a sanitary inspector and threatened to fine him 1 lakh rupees if he didnt mend his ways. That was all what was needed :)

Actually, this is the ideal solution - involve a municipal/government guy. Find someone and give him a small "gift". They will talk tough, loud and -as far rich people are concerned- insultingly. Even though the drama may end when "our man in government" seen accepting a not-so-small gift from the offenders:), that will do the trick.

Why are you so unhappy! Free money! Sell the damn car as scrap. Sell it part by part

I have read the suggestions given by people. But IMHO its a mentality and attitude problem. Any action against them may desist them from their misdeeds but will crop up again sooner or later.

Have n't we seen this garbage throwing habit in some form or other all over India? You can not start fighting with every one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 1970896)
Why are you so unhappy! Free money! Sell the damn car as scrap. Sell it part by part

Not a bad suggestion, tyres, lights and side view mirror look ok to me :D