Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 18:12   #316
BHPian

Re: A Yetiguide® to Coffee

My Prestige drip coffee maker has gone kaput and apparently the service center doesn't have a clue on when can they get me a replacement part. So right now I am thinking about buying a French press as a cheaper option till the machine is fixed. Can anyone direct me on where I can get one in Chennai? I visited Homestop in Velachery but they don't stock it it seems.
Old 21st April 2014, 18:23   #317
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
My Prestige drip coffee maker has gone kaput and apparently the service center doesn't have a clue on when can they get me a replacement part. So right now I am thinking about buying a French press as a cheaper option till the machine is fixed. Can anyone direct me on where I can get one in Chennai? I visited Homestop in Velachery but they don't stock it it seems.
I had a Morphy Richards drip machine - it's service center is prompt but parts are very very expensive - you will consider buying a new one rather than repairing it.
Then I got a Prestige one whose parts are cheap but the service center doesn't have parts all the time.

So I next got a Sunflame drip machine from flipkart - it was the cheapest (around Rs. 1000, I think) - it's been working good for a year now & I have decided that I'll keep rebuying the cheapest one available if the current one goes bad and is not repairable.

I think Cafe Coffee Day sells French Presses.
Old 21st April 2014, 20:49   #318
BHPian

Dear Team: apologies in advance if the answer is there in one of the posts. I went through first 2-3 and then took the liberty of shortcut.

I end up having 12-15 cups of coffee a day. Bulk of which is espresso. I know this much amount in a day is not good. I am trying to cut down. As I have realised I cannot give up coffee, I have recently started looking for decaf coffee. While Starbucks serves decaf, they don't sell decaf if someone wants to buy the powder. I carry decaf pouch from hotels whenever I can. Other than Godrej's naturebasket online site, I haven't been able to find retail decaf powder source. help! Any stores in Delhi NCR?
Old 21st April 2014, 21:34   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkiran View Post
So right now I am thinking about buying a French press as a cheaper option till the machine is fixed. Can anyone direct me on where I can get one in Chennai?
Cafe Coffee day stores stocks french press. They also have an online store.
Old 23rd April 2014, 20:26   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Cafe Coffee day stores stocks french press. They also have an online store.
Not anymore it seems. I had checked at a couple of outlets here. It's been out of stock in their website for at least 3 months. Guess I should just go ahead and buy a new coffee maker instead.
Old 8th June 2014, 02:23   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Dear Team: apologies in advance if the answer is there in one of the posts. I went through first 2-3 and then took the liberty of shortcut.

I end up having 12-15 cups of coffee a day. Bulk of which is espresso. I know this much amount in a day is not good. I am trying to cut down. As I have realised I cannot give up coffee, I have recently started looking for decaf coffee. While Starbucks serves decaf, they don't sell decaf if someone wants to buy the powder. I carry decaf pouch from hotels whenever I can. Other than Godrej's naturebasket online site, I haven't been able to find retail decaf powder source. help! Any stores in Delhi NCR?
Starbucks does sell Decaf.
Old 9th June 2014, 12:29   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
Traveller Nayak: At the risk of sounding like a preacher, rather than suggesting a coffee machine, I can suggest one thing though. Earlier in my career working at the airport in split shifts, I was downing about 20 cups a day. The result after a few years, ulcers and tremendous acidity.

A couple of years ago, I started with having ash gourd juice in the morning, first thing empty stomach and resting for 20 mins. Now I enjoy 5-6 cups a day without hassles... Not nescafe, good old south indian filter-kapi.

Cheers for the cup that cheers
Sathya
Old 9th June 2014, 21:18   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psathya View Post
Traveller Nayak: At the risk of sounding like a preacher, rather than suggesting a coffee machine, I can suggest one thing though. Earlier in my career working at the airport in split shifts, I was downing about 20 cups a day. The result after a few years, ulcers and tremendous acidity.

A couple of years ago, I started with having ash gourd juice in the morning, first thing empty stomach and resting for 20 mins. Now I enjoy 5-6 cups a day without hassles... Not nescafe, good old south indian filter-kapi.

Cheers for the cup that cheers

Sathya

Sathya: thanks and appreciate. I have given up coffee and shifted to green tea. Recently went for a health check and came back with not so good results. I am told to get atleast 6-7 hours of sleep. So coffee is out. For sometime atleast!

--
Nayak // Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 9th June 2014, 21:21   #324
BHPian

A Yetiguide® to Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post

Apologies. I should have clarified. They do sell but don't sell powder. I had asked at Cyber Hub, Gurgaon. Do let me know if you know any outlet which is selling powder. Thanks.

Mods: the iPad app doesnt allow multi quote.

--

Last edited by Traveller Nayak : 9th June 2014 at 21:23.
Old 10th June 2014, 07:20   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Sathya: thanks and appreciate. I have given up coffee and shifted to green tea. Recently went for a health check and came back with not so good results. I am told to get atleast 6-7 hours of sleep. So coffee is out. For sometime atleast!

--
Nayak :
Do try the ash gourd / louki in the morning. Works like a dream...
Old 26th July 2014, 09:19   #326
BHPian

Re: Capsules??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
A new standard in Europe is to use coffee capsules. There are companies like Nespresso Nestlé Nespresso: The Art of Espresso, Exclusive Coffee Machines, the Premium Blends, the Accessories and Our Unique Club (made by Nestlé) and Philips Senseo that have the perfect bridge between real and instant coffee.
I agree! Nespresso machines and capsules are quite expensive and premium. I got this for my office recently from Fabmart.

http://www.fabmart.com/collections/n...offee-machines

The coffee sure tastes great. I don't think it is for everyone but if you want to convey a good impression to your clients, I think its a must have.

Note from Support - Kindly avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd July 2015 at 12:28. Reason: quoted post shortened
Old 11th October 2014, 02:12   #327
Senior - BHPian

Trying to get fresh roasted coffee beans that I can grind at home for my coffee machine. I am unable to source it where I live. Which online store would you recommend for this? Theindianbean has been mentioned here a few times in this thread.
Old 11th October 2014, 20:48   #328
BHPian

Have heard a lot about these guys. Will go ahead and sample a few from these guys.

http://devans.in/

And CCD has the French Press back in stock. A newer version though. I bought one but personally wont recommend is because its just too delicate.
Old 13th October 2014, 18:42   #329
Senior - BHPian

Hi Akshay, do let me know how devans turns out to be.
Have any of you tried this ebay seller - http://www.ebay.in/itm/PEABERRY-ARAB...-/181527236303

They say that they roast the beans just before they ship.
Old 13th October 2014, 19:39   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Hi Akshay, do let me know how devans turns out to be.
Have any of you tried this ebay seller - http://www.ebay.in/itm/PEABERRY-ARAB...-/181527236303

They say that they roast the beans just before they ship.
I bought beans from him twice about an year ago. He was a new seller then. The beans were good and service was also good. My grinder conked off so I stopped purchasing beans.

Most Viewed