Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2005, 15:18   #61
BHPian

Hey Harrie congrats man and here's wishing you a very Happy Married Life .
Old 13th November 2005, 15:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Congrats harrie.......
Old 14th November 2005, 16:24   #63
BHPian

Congradulations Harrie and wish you both a very happy married life.

Conan
Old 15th November 2005, 00:48   #64
BHPian

Congratulations Harrie,
Wish you both a very happy married life and a very bright future...
Cheers
Bhushan aka EVO6
Old 15th November 2005, 02:45   #65
BHPian

Hey harrie you beat me to the game...my invitation is coming next all the best for your new phase and hope you guys keep smiling all throughout your lives.
Old 15th November 2005, 13:25   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow!!

Congratulations Harrie. Have a good married life!
Old 16th November 2005, 17:16   #67
BHPian

Congrats.....

Congrats Harrie......
Would Luv To Be There.....
An Have A Road Trip.....
With The Bhp Boys.....
Aniways Brgds....
An All The Best......
Tak Care......
Cheers....
Old 19th December 2005, 08:35   #68
BHPian

First of all my apologies for not being in touch for the past 4 weeks

I lost my sim and didnt have anyone's number. And then the internet connection in the office was down. So was off the net for a month!

Let me start from my drive to coimbatore - This was one of the worst trips I have ever made. First I had to get a driver to drive me down. Dad's orders. Had to follow it. The road was in a very very bad shape. The strech near Dharmapuri looked like moon's surface. Seriously! There was no indication that a tar road once existed on these streches.

Started from blr by 5.30 AM and reached home by 2. To my surprise our entire family (of 35) was there waiting for me. There was some puja it seems. I walked in looking all messed up in a crumpled t-shirt and a shorts. Mumbled my apologies and hurried into the bath. Took a shower, changed and put on the contact lenses in less than 6 minutes. My fastest so far.

Then everything went on well til the morning of the marriage. The wedding was in tirupur. I stayed in tirupur while my mom and brother drove down in the morning in the palio. In the temple i noticed the palio running on the spare tire in the front. It was then I was told that a particularly nasty pothole on the NH 47 had claimed one of my Yokohomas! The tire was completely shredded and useless!

I was not allowed to drive the whole while. I was chaffeured around in the elantra which was decked up. I was dying to get behind the wheels of it, but the driver had strict orders not to oblige... Sigh!

To make matters worse the elantra was replaced by the optra for the reception. Again no driving. By the time the function was over, I had been standing for over 3 hours. My legs were paining like hell and my cheeks were hurting from smiling artificially for all those photos :(

Now this is where the fun part starts! 28th morning we left for Wayanad. I took the city as the palio's tires had to be replaced. Had a fun time driving thru satyamangalam roads. Reached Wayanad by 3 PM. Spent 3 days there. Came back to coimbatore via gudalur, masinagudi, ooty.

4th was my cousin's wedding in erode. Some 60 kms from coimbatore. we went there in the morning in the palio (which was now sprting new rubbers), finished the functions, had breakfast and left to tirupur. We were to go to my uncle's place for lunch....

And then disaster struck! 20 kms from erode i came across a pot hole ridden strech. I was doing about 40kmph. I slowed down to a crawl and went over the pot holes. Suddenly WHAM and the car was jolted a bit. A lorry had slammed in to the car from behind. What surprised me was how the lorry managed to pick up so much of speed. There was a police check post with barricades hardly 100 metres away. Didnt know how he managed to negotiate the barricades and pick up so much of speed.

The damage was to the right corner of the rear. The tail lamp, the rear wind screen, bumper and the fuel filler hose gone. The bill was 27k!!!! :WTF: Insurance guy said i'll get only 7k from them!

So finally had to leave the car there in coimbatore, took a bus and came down to blore! Was in delhi for a few days. Joined office back now. Sigh!
Old 19th December 2005, 12:12   #69
Senior - BHPian

Hey Harrie.
Welcome back.
Too bad about your car. These lorry guys know how to spoil a good holiday, eh.
So i guess now we wont be seeing u at the meets much?
Old 19th December 2005, 14:33   #70
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey harrie..welcome back..feels bad to hear about what happened to ur car..sorry we guys couldnt make it to ur wedding as we had the burnout drag at the same time..anyways hoping to see u at the next meet if and when u find time that is ...
Old 19th December 2005, 15:35   #71
BHPian

Congrats Harrie....welcome to the club and wish you a very happy married life...

Cheers!!!
Old 19th December 2005, 15:53   #72
Team-BHP Support

Hey buddy... Congrats on getting married. Wish you a blissful married life. That lorry walah... aaargh... I feel like killing that guy. The buggers always know how to screw a man's happiness
Old 24th December 2005, 10:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
And mods, please change his ID from Harrie to Harried w.e.f 27th Nov.....
I guess this was fair warning .

Congrats for the marriage, sorry for being late, i joined this morning and sorry to hear of the damage to your car.

Last edited by JagMan : 24th December 2005 at 10:22.
Old 24th December 2005, 10:40   #74
BHPian

wb harrie good to have u back. too bad about your car though ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks