Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2011, 10:53   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quirky logic and funny comments from non-petrol head friends

Recently friend spotted a GTR.(he had a pic with him)
and he came up to me and said,yaar aaj ek modified civic dekhi(today i saw a modified civic).Awaaz mast thi(it was sounding awsome.)
Old 29th May 2011, 10:59   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Really? You can drive a nano with 10 people in it?
Don't one-year olds qualify as people, I think one can pack, 15 two-year toddlers in a nano, and still find place for their school-bags.
Fornax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 11:43   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Don't one-year olds qualify as people, I think one can pack, 15 two-year toddlers in a nano, and still find place for their school-bags.
find my friend right now. you can easily win 7 lakhs from him
Old 29th May 2011, 23:24   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
I think one year olds qualify as baby/toddler and not as people. Come to think of it, if there are like 10-15 toddlers in a day care centre and you are addressing them, would you call them people?! I wouldn't for sure!

But I can agree to your statement that you can pack toddlers inside a nano. But not 10 people!
Old 29th May 2011, 23:40   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
But I can agree to your statement that you can pack toddlers inside a nano. But not 10 people!
My dads manager would transport 8 labors including him, in his 800. So 10 people in a nano is quite possible. Safety is not even worth mentionable though. Well, as for if you can, YES.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:57   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
My dads manager would transport 8 labors including him, in his 800. So 10 people in a nano is quite possible. Safety is not even worth mentionable though. Well, as for if you can, YES.
I just came back from GJ. There i saw many rickshaws carrying 6-8 people!!
Yes thats possible. 3 people in the rear seat. 2 others sitting on the laps of the people on the rear seat or 1 person sitting on the rod on the right side.
In the front, 1 driver and 2 other sitting with him.
So its certainly possible to fit 10 people in a Nano.
@tushky- Go for it! You'll win 7 lacs!

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 31st May 2011 at 16:59.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:12   #757
BHPian

One of my cousins has a splendor. He says the bike can go all the way to 140 km/hr (The max. grading on the speedo). :o
Old 31st May 2011, 17:55   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Read about something similar in newspaper related to an accident few days back. A Alto crashed into a truck and all 8 occupants died. 6 adults aged more than 45 years and 2 youngsters aged 13 and 16. I was really surprised how some one could even think about travelling long distance in a Alto with 8 people on board.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:57   #759
Senior - BHPian

My friend told me there is something wrong with his Honda Shine bike and it loses its acceleration beyond 100 kmph! He failed to understand that his bike's top speed was 98 kmph
Old 10th June 2011, 18:22   #760
BHPian

Recently we were driving in an 800, when I saw a Fortuner. I instantly started appreciating it and went on telling the 0-100 times and all. Suddenly one of my friend's friend interrupted me and said " dude i'm a mechanical engineer and i know a lot about engines. There is nothing which a Fortuner can do but this 800 can't. I have left Lancers and Citys many times in the dust driving my 800 and these 0-100 times are just marketing gimmicks." He also went on saying that, "imagine a 3000cc 800, how powerful it will be. It's top speed will be tripled atleast. (Tripled!!! ). Then where will your Fortuner go?"
I said to him, "bro, with such talent, why don't you try for F1 racing?" He said, "I'm going to visit the Indian GP in Noida, will meet and talk to teams over there".
Old 10th June 2011, 19:27   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
Recently we were driving in an 800, when I saw a Fortuner. I instantly started appreciating it and went on telling the 0-100 times and all. Suddenly one of my friend's friend interrupted me and said " dude i'm a mechanical engineer and i know a lot about engines. There is nothing which a Fortuner can do but this 800 can't. I have left Lancers and Citys many times in the dust driving my 800 and these 0-100 times are just marketing gimmicks." He also went on saying that, "imagine a 3000cc 800, how powerful it will be. It's top speed will be tripled atleast. (Tripled!!! ). Then where will your Fortuner go?"
I said to him, "bro, with such talent, why don't you try for F1 racing?" He said, "I'm going to visit the Indian GP in Noida, will meet and talk to teams over there".
Dude are you serious ? This is not quirky logic or funny comment - this is insanity. Please take your friend to a good doctor. And let him know that right now in India, its easier to become an engineer than to do anything.

And also let him know that 0-100 timing is not everything, Fortuner is also better than 800 in terms of every other aspect.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:35   #762
Team-BHP Support

The colony I grew up; one of my neighbours had a truck business and one or other of his trucks were always lined up in the street outside our colony.

While playing cricket, we'd often notice the "Caution : Air brake" warning on the rear. So, one day I ask him what an air brake means (now, I was 10 then and he was 7).

He says, "air brake means, every time the driver applies the brake, the tyres will be deflated by it. hence the noise and that is how the truck loses speed."

Then he showed us the Air tank and told us that was where air was stored so the truck tyre did not lose all air.

And given the brains we had then, we were mighty impressed by his knowledge. Untill of course, I asked my dad about it in the evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno View Post
And also let him know that 0-100 timing is not everything, Fortuner is also better than 800 in terms of every other aspect.
After what the friend said, do you really think that is going to help?!
Old 10th June 2011, 19:52   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
disregarding everything else, all of us are now dreaming of a 3000cc 800!!
carbs sticking out the bonnet...yum yum!!
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 20:06   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Amazing thought. To think of it, it is possible to do that isnt it. I mean the 800 engine bay is small, so we will have to cut the firewall, weld the front door in place, remove the dash and put the 3000 cc or even 4000 cc V 12 in the car. Then you sit on top of the car and drive!

Somewhat like this!
Quirky logic and funny comments from non-petrol head friends-3944716637_21798a07e0.jpg
torquecurve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 15:55   #765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Recently friend spotted a GTR.(he had a pic with him)
and he came up to me and said,yaar aaj ek modified civic dekhi(today i saw a modified civic).Awaaz mast thi(it was sounding awsome.)
Ha ha ha ha Wonder how he thought of the Civic when he saw the GTR! Imagine your friend meeting the GTR owner and asking him how much he spent to modify his Civic! Imagine the owner's state of despair!
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks