Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 17:39   #916
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quirky logic and funny comments from non-petrol head friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
"dude i think i100 must be a limousine"
Looks like he is correct, i10<i20<i30. Now we all know what Hyundai Limo's name going to be!
Old 17th July 2012, 19:13   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
An acquintance's car's temperature rose,and it stalled due to overheating. And he added water to the engine,from where you add engine oil instead of radiator, and drove on
A friend works as a technical supervisor at a GM A.S.S in Chennai and he mentioned about a Cruze that came in with water poured into engine-oil sump by mistake and driven after that.
Car was in warranty, but the owner/driver admitted it was his mistake and so work was done at his cost - estimate being a lakh or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh
Looks like he is correct, i10<i20<i30. Now we all know what Hyundai Limo's name going to be!
A colleague has an i10, but before he bought it, when he used to see the advt in papers, he thought the name was read as i-i-o (ayyayyo) and used to wonder why such a strange name for a car.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 17th July 2012 at 19:14.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:25   #918
Senior - BHPian

This happened when i was in college, we were all new to biking then, a friend(very rash rider) had met with an accident when he was hit by a speeding Maruti 800 and had a fracture. He comes to college the next day, this was the conversation:

Me: How did you meet with an accident ?
Him: Was hit by a Maruti 800 dude! We were racing and i was at 80 km/hr and his car brushed against my bike.
Me: Oh! What speed were you doing ?
Him:Must be 90 km/hr or so,not sure.
Me: (All puzzled) If you were at 90, and he was at 80 you'd be way ahead of him right?!
Him: Fool! It was a 800cc car, so 80 km/hr in his car=90 km/hr in my bike(150cc Unicorn) na? Bigger cc engine always goes faster at 80 km/hr than a 150 cc bike at 80km/hr.
Me: (Trying very hard to stop myself from laughing) Get well soon man!
shashank.nk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 19:34   #919
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine said he likes the Toyota Rava. I was wondering what the hell that is for a minute before I realized its the Rav4 and the 4 is written like an A
Old 17th July 2012, 19:39   #920

I'm doing engg right now. Lot of my friends have two wheelers and some four wheelers. Basically number of pulsars (in my friends circle)>number of apache(in my friends circle).

This guy who bought apache recently always tries to convince me that rtr 180 is faster than pulsar 180. Frankly,I dont give a damn which is faster. Pulsar 180 does its job of helping me commute from place A-place B and thats about it.

He's also gone to the extent of downloading those videos of drag races on youtube and showing it to us just to prove his bike is "wait for it" 1 second faster.

When confronted with the following ques:"How do random videos on net decide which is faster?"

To which his reply is,"Dude apache beats pulsar in 11/12 videos."

I was actually laughing my a** out.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:41   #921
Team-BHP Support

My mum spotted the Duster today when she was out, and somehow it found its way right in front of her. Apparently the name 'Duster' caught her eye. And she though to herself and I quote: "Who'd name a car 'Duster'. I mean, does it clean up streets?"

suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 20:14   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Many cars today are equipped with latch system where when a door is pushed open...
Exactly. Try opening the doors of a Punto for example. This is a much-needed passive safety feature, and the fact is this can be incorporated in any car without much additional cost. Really glad to know it is a standard feature of the XUV...
Old 17th July 2012, 20:38   #923
Mik
BHPian

This happened while taking a test drive of the Linea MJD. I was explaining to my wife about the sudden surge after 2k rpm.
The sales executive at the back chipped in -- " Sir, yeh european car hai na.. according to european norms initially slow honaa chaahiye" (Sir, this is a european car, according to european norms the car should be slow initially)

I just smiled sheepishly
Old 17th July 2012, 20:41   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
The sales executive at the back chipped in -- " Sir, yeh european car hai na.. according to european norms initially slow honaa chaahiye" (Sir, this is a european car, according to european norms the car should be slow initially)
You should have TDed the Tjet next and asked if that was the same european car. Initially slow.
Old 17th July 2012, 22:02   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
My mum spotted the Duster today when she was out, and somehow it found its way right in front of her. Apparently the name 'Duster' caught her eye. And she though to herself and I quote: "Who'd name a car 'Duster'. I mean, does it clean up streets?"

But i think this is a doubt everyone around the globe has, whether petrolhead or not. What a name to give a car!! I remember someone in our forum itself had mentioned that he was searching for a Japanese make car duster and got directed to our Duster pre-launch thread
Old 17th July 2012, 22:09   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
That's true, mostly European cars have this feature. There are two stages during the door's open (outward) travel where it kind of latches softly into position. This makes it so easy to ingress/egress while the vehicle is parked on a sideways slope and you have to keep the door open without holding it to prevent a closure due to its weight. Enjoying the feature in my Palio and Punto!
The way you put it, I agree it's quite useful have the door designed that way. But I don't see it as a "feature" in itself and definitely not something which you need to be proud of or something to advertise. I would have been more appreciative of him had he explained it the way you have
Old 17th July 2012, 23:05   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
The way you put it, I agree it's quite useful have the door designed that way. But I don't see it as a "feature" in itself and definitely not something which you need to be proud of or something to advertise. I would have been more appreciative of him had he explained it the way you have
I agree that it may not qualify as a feature on its own. I'd just say that it is just a thoughtful engineering.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:06   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100

To each of his own opinion but, It is indeed a feature. Some companies always advertised it when doing a compare on their web sites. You really miss that feature when a non petrol-head friend/family carelessly bangs your well maintained car's door to car parked on side.
Old 17th July 2012, 23:07   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli
But i think this is a doubt everyone around the globe has, whether petrolhead or not. What a name to give a car!!
True. Pre-tbhp I never knew that there was a car called Duster and when I first came to know of such a car, I did think, why would someone name a car as duster ?
Old 17th July 2012, 23:32   #930
BHPian

I had just bought car and was new to car experience.

One of my college who owned Ritz would not agree to fact that handbrake acts on rear wheels.

Another group of my colleges would never understand the utility of tachometer. One of them never actually observed it, on his car while driving.

Many would argue that they would change gear based on speed rather on RPM even if they are driving two different cars with totally different engine specs.

I mean they would hypothetically change to second at 20KM/Hr gear, irrespective of whether they are driving al santro or a merc.

My landlord claims, he once traveled by Tata Indigo flight.

Last edited by born_free : 17th July 2012 at 23:34.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks