Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:07   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Becuase the Quattro can carry 4 people ?

Just as the uno could carry only one
Old 22nd July 2010, 18:21   #182
BHPian

One showroom in chennai

How much is the ABS version of this car

Sir, But ABS is only for racers. It is of no use in city driving.
(explained how locking the wheels increases distance and the loss of steering control)

But why you want to buy ABS sir, very costly, no use for normal driving.
(gave up and switched topic)

Another one -
Airbags are a waste, because you never use them, and if it activates, it costs Rs 1 lakh to replace, only Rs 50,000 by insurance company.
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:31   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
How much is the ABS version of this car

Sir, But ABS is only for racers. It is of no use in city driving.
(explained how locking the wheels increases distance and the loss of steering control)

But why you want to buy ABS sir, very costly, no use for normal driving.
(gave up and switched topic)

Another one -
Airbags are a waste, because you never use them, and if it activates, it costs Rs 1 lakh to replace, only Rs 50,000 by insurance company.
Surprisingly, when I opted for a version of i10 with ABS + airbags - the sales guy actually appreciated my decision and also added that not many go for these safety items because of price. Exception I must say.
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:58   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Surprisingly, when I opted for a version of i10 with ABS + airbags - the sales guy actually appreciated my decision and also added that not many go for these safety items because of price. Exception I must say.
True, I20 HMP, appreciated the decision but a smaller Maruthi dealer and newer salesman in a nearby showroom, discourages ABS as their supplies seem to be the standard versions

Boils down to Suzuki USP is low cost of ownership, so ABS is rare.

Higher end dealers may recognise the advantage.

Just trying to avoid names as far as possible
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:55   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

Decided not to take the discussion any further.
I asked myself, Why do people buy quattro then?
Sorry to nitpick but Quattro is all wheel drive.

Im pretty sure you can burn rubber in front wheel drive cars also of course if he wanted to burn rubber from his rear wheels then
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:29   #186
Senior - BHPian

The second time I went with my cousin for the test drive of polo, this is what happened:

My cousin (not a petrol head) while driving, the suspension and the overall ride feels nice and the car too feels very planted at speed.

SP: yes yes, the ride is excellent, I went to gurgaon the other day and I was driving "casually" on the expressway at 210.

Me. in my heart....shameless fellow, look at the way he is lying.... casually at 210

my cousin: 210.. its a 1.2 how can it do 210...itna to cedia bhi nahi jati ..kyu gaurav..(even cedia cannot do 210..right gaurav)

SP: this is Volkswagen Sir! and I was like.

I just kept quiet for that time. But as soon as we finished the TD, I handed the SP my business card and said I am an automotive research analyst. I have already booked a Polo as I wanted to.. But it will be better not to tell normal customers that you touched 210 on 1.2 Polo. This highly goes against the Brand. This thing wont do anything more than 160-165. Also, I ll be amazed even if 1.6 does anything over 180-190.

SP: Sorry Sir! Please don't report this.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 23rd July 2010 at 00:33.
Old 23rd July 2010, 06:46   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Sorry to nitpick but Quattro is all wheel drive.

Im pretty sure you can burn rubber in front wheel drive cars also of course if he wanted to burn rubber from his rear wheels then
Yes I know that the quattro is an all wheel drive.
My discussion was focussed on the rear wheel(he was talking of burning the rubber at rear wheels) that's why I restricted to the rear wheel drive component of the quattro.
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:22   #188
BHPian

Beautiful thread this one.

One incident that happened at a Tata service centre in Cochin.

The lady at the reception greets a customer who had come back, the next day.

Cust: Njan innale ente vandi ivide service cheyyan kondu vanirunnu.
(I had brought my vehicle for service yesterday.)

Lady: Parayu Sir, Njan orkunnu. Enthu patty sir?
(Ofcourse sir, I remember. What happened?)

Cust: Athe, innale kurachu dooram odichu chennappozhanu, engine cheruthaayi missing kanikkunnu. Aarelem kondu onnu nokkikavo?
(Yes, after I drove certain distance, I noticed the engine was 'missing')

Lady: Illa sir, Angane varilla. Chilappol valla CD, USB angane okke miss aavarundu. Ingane ithu vare aarum paranjittilla. Sir sherikkum nokkiyo?
(Never sir. Sometimes, there were complaints about missing CDs and USBs, but we never had any complaints like this before. Did you double check?)

That 'Engine missing' was the first case reported in that service centre. Surprising. Or the lady could be new.

Last edited by vivekji05 : 23rd July 2010 at 09:39.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:50   #189
Senior - BHPian

my friend ( poor thing who cant handle criticism ) who owns an altis sport , in a burst of enthusiasm ( and out of 100% seriousness ) challenges another acquaintance who has a 320i. this is what he said -

" LAA APNI GADI TOH LAA..DEKH LETA HOON TUJHE ! IL SMOKE YOU !! YE TORQUE BORQ KYA HOTA HAI ????? POWER MATTERS AND DRIVER MATTERS !!! TUJHE DEKH LETA HOON !!!"

( JUST GET YOUR CAR !!! IL SHOW YOU !!! IL SMOKE YOU !!! TORQUE "BORQ" (????) HARDLY MATTERS ! POWER MATTERS AND DRIVER MATTERS !!! IL SHOW U!!!!)

Me, the 320i owner and a couple others are on the floor laughing by then. pity pity !
The best part is , he claims to b a total car fanatic & has high opinion about HIS "knowledge about cars
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:02   #190
Senior - BHPian

Back when i had E Zen with FFE, a friend of mine heard the car start up and said, "Diesel hai kya?"
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:17   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Back when i had E Zen with FFE, a friend of mine heard the car start up and said, "Diesel hai kya?"
Maruti Zen was sold in a diesel variant too, but it never became popular.

The above question from your friend is not so stupid.

Rohan
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:27   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Maruti Zen was sold in a diesel variant too, but it never became popular.

The above question from your friend is not so stupid.
His question was not based on the fact that it was a zen. It was based on the sound from the car. And the sound from an FFE is quite different from a diesel.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:42   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
I 10 Sportz.
he was doing 140 kph when a volvo bus overtook him !!!
Quite possible Satya. I have done 150+ on my U-VA. I10 is peppier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You are arguing against the fundamental laws of Physics prateek. Don't make me throw the book at you.
Dude, if you read the ending posts, I wrote that less than additional does not mean zero.

'Higher fuel consumption with higher load on the engine'. This is the least I should know after 6 years of my technical education.
prateek99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:06   #194
BHPian

friend of mine who is looking for his first car told me that he test drove many hatchback and most he loved was Fiat's Ritz!!!!!!

I tried to explain him that ritz is Maruti product where as Punto and palio are from Fiat. he just smiled at me. Being Fiat Fan I couldnt bare it, felt like throwing out this fellow out of local.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:46   #195
BHPian

Interesting topic
I don't know about you guys, but I've heard this from a lot of women. We have a X and Y cars at home (x-swift equivalent, small hatchback, and y being either a sedan or a Innova kinda SUV)
and i drive only the x, why not y? because its too big!
I don't understand the logic, It's the same mechanism, 5 gears, they all shift in the same way, (probably the reverse is different in cars like skoda, and GM) and maximum the indicator switches are reversed but that shouldn't prevent anyone with a valid driving license to stop them from driving a car, because its big! how are they going to get over it if they don't even try?

Most Viewed