Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 10:36   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Torqy[/b]]
I'm always amused by people who call back an unfamiliar number if they see a missed call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
. Beats me too. I never call back to unknown numbers. If the person wants to reach me, he would call back again.
Don't exactly agree to this. Whats the harm in calling back if you see a missed call from an unknown number ? You are anyways ready to pick the call from the unknown number.

eg: You post an Ad for something to buy/sell. Looking for house hunts etc.. All calls come from unknown numbers. Just because its an unknown number does not mean they are here to cheat/rob you.

Its good to be cautious and aware of such incidents, would help you tread with caution.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
eg: You post an Ad for something to buy/sell. Looking for house hunts etc.. All calls come from unknown numbers. Just because its an unknown number does not mean they are here to cheat/rob you.
Agree, if you're expecting such calls....but not otherwise.

-- Torqy
Old 25th July 2010, 13:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shripad View Post
... Even if he took the phones, there is easy to get his number from logs, his IP from techenclave IP logs.
IMHO, doing nothing will only encourage the offender to strike again.
I agree - there are definitely a few ways i can think of to find this guy, or atleast notice when he is about to pull a similar stunt!

I hope Mr. E has reported this to the police and forum and all other parties, rather than just quietly suffering through it as a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Hi all , this is a Police matter, what the modretors can do ? they may ban a member , what else ?.
Thugs like those dissappear long before you can trace their Information or verify it. They leave no trace

This can be solved on Modus Oprendi bassis by the Police & Cyber Cell.
Sure - its something for the police to deal with, but don't underestimate the information and assistance that the moderators or other members could provide (ie on whichever forum it was).

For example see this thread : BHPian helps cops solve crime

cya
R
Old 25th July 2010, 14:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Why can't such black sheeps be named and brought to light without any delay? Who knows how many people out there are still talking to him and falling in the trap?
Old 25th July 2010, 16:52   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then how did that Thug became member in first place ?
Same as what you answered earlier. How do the mods know that he's a genuine or a thug when they apply for membership? Max they could do is to get through the strenous membership approval process & if he gets through, he gets through.

Quote:
Thugs are getting false Passports, Licences ,even bank loans right under the Noses of ICICI people
Again, if they can get through fake passports, why not a simple online membership id?

Quote:
Pray that someone near to the ministers/MP/MLA gets looted one day & then the police start working & catch the thief
+100000...; and you know what? Only the guy who hacked them will get caught, others will still continue haunting the public.

PS - Why doesn't someone steal the monogram/wheel/wiper/wheels from a Govt vehicle?
Old 25th July 2010, 17:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ram, thanks for narrating this. i have always considered fellow Bhpians to be my chaddi buddies. of course, i wont stop trusting anyone but would definitely be more cautious now onwards.
Old 25th July 2010, 22:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Lets call him Mr.E (Enthu bugger that he is). He is majorly into gaming and you will see him a lot active in Techenclave and most of the forums and so on.
I think a small disclaimer is due from you on your mention of TechEnclave alone and not the actual forum, since apparently this event did not happen on TE. While we at TE are still glad to assist in any way, a lot of people reading your post have wrongly assumed the event to have happened via TE and have been asking the mods/admins on TE to take action.

Once again, my sympathies to him and hope the chap who pulled this off gets his due.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:43   #38
BHPian

@Crazy: I never said this happened in TE. I said he was active in it. In fact, the member was from an international Gaming forum which has actually become a bottle neck as its governed by international laws and cyber branch has not official control over it.

I am not able to my post here, so posting this reply. Again, thanks for the help. In fact, I wish it was indian site like TE, TBhp or HFV. Things would have been much much simpler.
Old 26th July 2010, 08:25   #39
BHPian

Very sad for the loss.
But a bit relieved to read that they were not bodily harmed.
I hope the victims are able to get back to as normla a life as before asap.

A lot of important stuff has gone which could be misused.
Has this crime been notified to the authorities?

Also very scary eye-opener for people active on forums.
People coming home for audio/pc/etc demo/help is not very uncommon.

I am very sorry if i missed it but in which city did this happen?

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 26th July 2010 at 08:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks